• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Remakes Speculation and Discussion

Years
  • I think there's no reason to remake Sinnoh games just yet. After all, 4th generation games are still compatible with the most recent Nintendo handheld console.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I think OR/AS will be the last remakes, D/P/Pt are still recent in my view, B/W and B2/W2 ar on the same platform. Sequels would be a better option, it allows us to revisit an old region with a new twist.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    No Diamond/Pearl re-make until the next generation handheld Nintendo console. The 4DS or something.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Speculate 4 diamonds and pearls.

I'm sorry if it doesn't go here but thought it was general in Pokémon.

Recently a timeline has been made and debated, and ORAS has been confirmed but I have learned recently that GF work ahead. Knowing thar they started gen6 when B/W came out. So saying ORAS was already going to be made? Since its been confirmed I want to talk about this.
    RBGY came out, gen 1
    GSC came out, gen 2
    RSE, and FrLg came out gen 3
    DPPt, and HgSs came out gen 4
    B/W, and B/W2 came out gen 5
    XY, and soon ORAS, gen 6

Notice anything up there?
    We have had remakes from gen 3 to 4 and then skip 5 to 6. Don't get it?
    What I mean is, we have literally being going in order of the games when doing remakes.
    Next up is gen 7 for those of you who played XY what new thing do you thinl will come out, also I thinl Diamond and Pearl will have a remake in gen 7 and gen 8(where you think BW's get remakes) will probably be like gen 5 with new game and sequals to them. It may not be correct but there is also a picture I saw with a similar theory (trying to prove hoenn remakes before confirmation) and I think it may go farther than that.
    What do you think? A little insane?

Discuss!

Years
  • i dont know i think since diamond and pearl are so recent it would be a while before we see a remake were gonna have to wait for the 2020s
    You'd think that's the case, but Diamond and Pearl were first released back in 2006 in Japan, so it's already been close to 8 years now. In perspective, it took 8 years for a Kanto remake, about 10 for the Johto remakes, and about 11 for the upcoming Hoenn ones. If we were to see D/P remakes in the next 3-5 years, it honestly wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm sorry if it doesn't go here but thought it was general in Pokémon.

[...]

What I mean is, we have literally being going in order of the games when doing remakes.
    Next up is gen 7 for those of you who played XY what new thing do you thinl will come out, also I thinl Diamond and Pearl will have a remake in gen 7 and gen 8(where you think BW's get remakes) will probably be like gen 5 with new game and sequals to them. It may not be correct but there is also a picture I saw with a similar theory (trying to prove hoenn remakes before confirmation) and I think it may go farther than that.
    What do you think? A little insane?

Discuss!
    It's an interesting theory, but I've always felt that if Gen V had been on the 3DS like I think a lot of people expected, we would have gotten OR/AS in Gen V rather than VI. That's not to say your theory is wrong, I just don't think that they'd quite plan it out like that without it being a coincidence.

And since this is more about the games than Pokemon in general, this would probably be better over off in Pokemon Gaming Central, so I'll move this thread there for you.

MOVED.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I heavily doubt there would be a D/P remake for the next generation of Pokemon games, due to D/P still being fairly recent. The DS era wasn't that long ago, which means the games really aren't in need of a remake. When DS tech gets outdated, however, the chances of a remake will rise. I think 2-3 years longer, and we might get a remake.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You'd think that's the case, but Diamond and Pearl were first released back in 2006 in Japan, so it's already been close to 8 years now. In perspective, it took 8 years for a Kanto remake, about 10 for the Johto remakes, and about 11 for the upcoming Hoenn ones. If we were to see D/P remakes in the next 3-5 years, it honestly wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's an interesting theory, but I've always felt that if Gen V had been on the 3DS like I think a lot of people expected, we would have gotten OR/AS in Gen V rather than VI. That's not to say your theory is wrong, I just don't think that they'd quite plan it out like that without it being a coincidence.

And since this is more about the games than Pokemon in general, this would probably be better over off in Pokemon Gaming Central, so I'll move this thread there for you.

MOVED.
    Actually it's 12 for the Hoenn remakes if one is comparing the Japanese releases to the remake's releases.
    I think the DPP remakes will come 2020 in Gen VIII. They'll probably make Gen VII on the 3DS like they did with Gen V being on the same platform as Gen IV. Coincidentally that'll mean that each remake will come in the 2x the generation they were released... II x II = IV, III x II = VI, IV x II= VIII. Except for generation I's remakes...though that region was featured in Gen II anyways xD.

Years
  • Yeah, let's go and speculate about a game that won't be out for at least 4-5 years, if it's going to be out in the first place. Lmao. We are not even done speculating about ORAS. The only thing we know about it is that it exists.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh god already

Actually, I think Sinnoh still feels fresh enough (and 3D enough) to not need remakes for quite some time, if at all. What I would like to see are sequels though! Diamond2/Pearl2. The B2W2 sequels were an interesting change from the normal 2+1 games system and since the graphics in the Sinnoh games isn't as far from the X/Y/ORAS graphics and mechanics as the Hoenn games were, I think we'd need some different plot and changed areas and people in Sinnoh in order to make new games there worthwile.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm actually really surprised this thread popped up so soon, pretty obvious why with the announcement of ORAS and what not but yknow. It is wild to think that Diamond & Pearl have been released for 8 years now, which IMO when thinking about it feels so surreal since it really doesn't seem all that long ago when Diamond and Pearl were released.

I have noticed a pattern that 8 Years FRLG, 10 Years HGSS, 12 Years ORAS, so 14 years for DP remakes aka 2020? Wild speculation which is way too early to say, but it's still a possibility.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think they will remake Sinnoh. I believe that the reason for RSE remakes wasn't because it had been 10 years since the games had been released, but because they are GBA games and as such cannot be played on Nintendo's current console, the 3DS, which lacks a GBA slot. DPPt can still be played on a 3DS, and yes, I know they are 2 generations behind the current one, but honestly I don't think they could benefit a lot from a remake.

Years
  • I don't think they will remake Sinnoh. I believe that the reason for RSE remakes wasn't because it had been 10 years since the games had been released, but because they are GBA games and as such cannot be played on Nintendo's current console, the 3DS, which lacks a GBA slot. DPPt can still be played on a 3DS, and yes, I know they are 2 generations behind the current one, but honestly I don't think they could benefit a lot from a remake.

Even in the year... 2083 when the newest console then won't support DS games?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Even in the year... 2083 when the newest console then won't support DS games?

I think in 70 years DPPt could benefit from a remake. I was pointing out that at this point I don't believe Sinnoh is thatfar behind from the current gen in terms of mechanics. And yes, remakes would be viable when DS games are no longer supported.

MarkTheWinner

Blackwingking
    Years
  • Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum Remakes?

So as you know Nintendo is doing the trendy thing and making remakes of a lot of different Pokemon games. currently the new one on the list is Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire. but i wanted to ask the community what they thought about Diamond, Pearl, Platinum remakes. now i know that they were released for the NDS already but having a 3ds one with much better graphics and such would be awesome in my opinion, my questions to the community are as follows:
    What would the names be? (Ex. Omega Ruby, Leaf Green)
    What Gameplay Would You Change?
    Mega-Evolution? (Yes, Or No)
    Mega-Pokemon Choices?
    Integrate 5th-6th Gen?

Also Feel free to discuss what ever you want about this. i personally was just curious about how many people thought this was a cool idea besides me.

Years
  • 10$ bucks this thread will die faster then a Metapod attacked by a Gyarados.

We hardly even guess what's about to happen in ORAS, let alone what is about to happen in the game that wont come out for at least 5 years, if it will come out ever. I dont even see people predict stuff for 7th generation, and even that will probably happen before D/P/Pt remake.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    What would the names be? (Ex. Omega Ruby, Leaf Green) Not sure
    What Gameplay Would You Change? 3D mechanic (eg. multidirectional movements, animations, Oh and 3D MINING UNDERGROUND!)
    Mega-Evolution? (Yes, Or No) YES
    Mega-Pokemon Choices? Drifblim, luxray, spiritomb that's just a few
    Integrate 5th-6th Gen? NO NO NO

I know if this did happen it would be a long time but for me this was the first game on a new graphics system and I think this game is what most pokemon fans would want remaked next!

MarkTheWinner

Blackwingking
    Years
  • 10$ bucks this thread will die faster then a Metapod attacked by a Gyarados.

We hardly even guess what's about to happen in ORAS, let alone what is about to happen in the game that wont come out for at least 5 years, if it will come out ever. I dont even see people predict stuff for 7th generation, and even that will probably happen before D/P/Pt remake.

First off don't be mean. second, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are scheduled to come out this November, Not 5 years from now. 3rd, it's just a question so don't ruin it for people who actually want to talk about future games, or stuff they like by being a snob about it. I was just curious what the community thought. So if you don't want to talk about it get of this thread. And take your snobby comments somewhere else. please and thanks.

Back