• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Skates or Bikes?

Bike or Skate?

• Bicycle

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Roller Skate

Votes: 53 54.6%

• Total voters

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love both. :D
    The reason for loving bike is because of the Bike Theme. It doesn't sound like your usual Bike Theme, but I love it.
    As for the roller skates, I don't know how to do it in real life. :( Being able to do it in game is like a big {XD} moment for me. :)

Years
  • I really don't like the skates. I slide around too much when I use them, so I'll either use the D-Pad to move without them, or the bike. The bike's pretty nice, actually; riding it around Cyllage City was pretty fun!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Skates. I picked up my bike but have only used it once. Skates are just easier to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Using the bicycle in Lumiose City makes the camera zoom out from its initially poor angle, so... Well, apart from that, I don't really have a preference. But if you were to give me a choice of one or the other, I'd take the bicycle as it can still move quickly through grass and accelerates much faster.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I really like both, especially the new bike animations.
    Rolles skates are "easier" to use though and pretty decent speed, so i voted for them (:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Roller Skates are fun, but...

I like the roller skates, I love how it's just that bit faster than the Running Shoes, but, when you are trying to focus and go in a straight line, you wobble all around the place, or if you need to squeeze into a tight space, you just can't most of the time, you have to use other control pad, which can get annoying... I wish they made roller skates the same as Exp. Share is now... Where you can disable and enable them.

Years
  • I prefer the bike. Originally, I found it hard to control the roller skates. Though I am better at using them now, I still prefer the bike. It's just easier to use.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
    Years
  • I've never played X/Y but if I do I'll go for Skates, they are really nice as I see from videos and heard from friends.

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
    Years
  • The roller skates are so much fun! I love doing random 360s and the slow side to side pattern!

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
  • I like the roller skates animations better, but it's too hard for me to control. Nor do I really want to take the time to get used to it.

The bike is way more fun to use, especially when I bike around Cyllage city while hatching eggs. Plus it has a catchy theme to it.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I prefer the bike. While the roller skates are a cool addition, the bike is so easy to use and is moves smoother now. Also the roller skates are just too slow for me. During the main game I didn't really use my bike much like I normally do but when I do the Masuda Method it's just better to use the bike.

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • To be honest I used the Skates a lot since I didn't use the D-pad so much. But for preference I would say Bike overall any day.

Years
  • Skates. I used the bike once when I got it, kept bumping into things, and went right back to the skates and haven't used the bike since.

Iskandar

The Seeker Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    Gonna have to go with skates, I just have a feeling of better control when using theme then the bicycle. Maybe because you can move diagonally xD

Sinjuda

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Roller skates once i found i could do tricks!
    tumblr_mcn0heb5bA1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Back