• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Skates or Bikes?

Bike or Skate?

• Bicycle

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Roller Skate

Votes: 53 54.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Bike, mainly because it gets that sick theme song. Reminds me of Bakuman.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    wish they implement both skate and bike... and well make maps or routes bigger so we can have use for the two :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I may be playing Devil's advocate, but I honestly preferred the roller skates over the bike. I'm a boss at controlling the skates, and have more fun using them. I also think it's more fun doing tricks on skates. I hope that they add scooters in the next game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I prefer the skates.

I've never really used the bike except for Cycling Road (in past gens), some of those places that are bike-accessible only in Hoenn, or when I'm breeding. The bike is faster, so its better for breeding. Otherwise, I don't need that much speed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2016
    Roller Skates! They're a breath of fresh air in the movement of your character around the pokemon world! Wish the cycles also had some tricks though. Or maybe there would be some specially accessed area using only a bike, like in RSE?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I would say both are ok; i had some difficulties while trying to skate in lumiose city but i got used to it, the bike was more easy to use in that city. with the skates you can do trick combos, with the bike you can go smoothly anywhere (and also has a nice theme music).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I use the bike whenever I can, it's faster than the skates, easier to control and doesn't slow down when you enter grass.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Although the skates are definitely the cooler choice with their tricks and not changing the BGM, and also because I skate irl, the bike is the way to go for me. Mainly because of the bike's consistent movement.

The bike's speed is constant no matter the pressure applied to the analog stick, and the terrain (aside from the windy conditions on Rt. 13, but that affects both devices anyways). The bike also offers the choice of using the analog stick or the control pad, which I like to switch it up every now and then.

Years
  • Roller Skates are fun! I like using them instead of running shoes. I use the bike more often tho. But I like them both so I won't vote :)

Back