• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skylar's Goals

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
eh fuck math tho

Any ideas on what sort of part-time work you'll want to (or not want to) do, or not yet?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
not sure. im gonna try and find something more low key and something not too strenuous as my depression tends to take a toll on me if i use more energy than i can handle.

however my plan has slightly changed from what i last typed. as of right now i think the best decision for me is to move out of my moms place when im done with cc and move in with my dad and get something more lowkey and part time bc my dad will be more supportive of my goals and wont push me into anything i dont wanna do. it'd be an overall better environment i think.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
so uh. my plans have changed.. again?? depending on what my boyfriend's dad says when he brings it up to him, i might be living with my boyfriend and his dad after i finish community college. i'd pay rent and whatnot of course, that's understandable and i would help out with food if necessary.

my mom brought up the idea of this because she /really/ didnt like the idea of me moving in with my dad after community college because when the last time i was living with him my mental health declined severely (even worse than it is now) and she was afraid that might happen again. i thought it was a good idea and im honestly excited. i hope his dad says yes.

i also will most likely be taking writing commissions as a job in the summer to get some form of income. it has very flexible hours, and it is a good way to get some side money.

if my boyfriend's dad does say yes though, all i would have to do is just pay his dad rent and whatever food money he wants, and then just save up money on the side (aside from spending small stuff on myself), so me and my boyfriend can move out into a place together. i'm so excited,,, i dont wanna get my hopes up too much, but.. i really hope this works out in my favor.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
so uh new plan yep. my boyfriend is coming to visit me in about 13 days. i'm excited for that. after that, im taking a semester break and going to look for a part time job. i will have my vocational rehab counselor help me with the resume part since i don't have an official one just yet.

my mom didn't like me bringing up the idea of me taking a semester break for my mental health since she saw me as lazy and being a freeloader, so i've decided to go with her rules on her terms even if it negatively impacts my mental health.

lets hope this goes well i guess.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
so uh new plan yep. my boyfriend is coming to visit me in about 13 days. i'm excited for that. after that, im taking a semester break and going to look for a part time job. i will have my vocational rehab counselor help me with the resume part since i don't have an official one just yet.

my mom didn't like me bringing up the idea of me taking a semester break for my mental health since she saw me as lazy and being a freeloader, so i've decided to go with her rules on her terms even if it negatively impacts my mental health.

lets hope this goes well i guess.
It's cool to see you keep up with this still :D

I hope you will have a lovely time with your boyfriend! Create many memories together. Lots of good luck with your job search also. You can do it :3

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
thank you! i was supposed to take my finals today but i missed my bus by accident. luckily my psychology professor is a godsend and undestands that i have no way of getting to class today (i even asked 3 of my family members) and she is not on campus tomorrow so she is giving me the final grade of my current average in the class.

i am still waiting for my us history teacher to get back to me.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
so, my spring semester went well. i passed all my classes. tbh last semester was the hardest one of all for me. the classes were really easy, but.. idk. something about still being in school when i didn't want to be took a toll on my mental health and i just.. oof. it wasn't good. i missed so many classes because of my mental health. but thank god my teachers never took actual attendance.

but uh. i guess basically i'm a college dropout now. i've started applying to places. monday i applied to 3 places and then yesterday i took a break so i didn't burn myself out. today i applied to gamestop. so..yeah.

my mental health is horrid but i have no income and my mom refuses to help with therapy since she has "more important things to spend her money on" and stuff so, i'll just have to wait until i start working to go to therapy again i guess.

idk. my plan is to save up whatever money i can on the side after getting hygiene essentials and giving my mom food money to save on the side so i can move in with my boyfriend. i am very ready to leave.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah, moving in with your boyfriend as soon as you reasonably can sounds like a good idea. Hopefully getting a job goes ok for you, it can be a right fuckin pain in the ass to get one sometimes (unless you're fortunate enough to be like super well-connected or something).

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Yeah, moving in with your boyfriend as soon as you reasonably can sounds like a good idea. Hopefully getting a job goes ok for you, it can be a right fuckin pain in the ass to get one sometimes (unless you're fortunate enough to be like super well-connected or something).

Thank you! I hope I can live with him as soon as possible, given he's financially stable and I am as well. And thank you. So far I haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping to hear something soon. I'm thinking of applying to Hot Topic and Spencers on Friday.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
getting a job is..god. its so damn difficult. I've been applying to places constantly and if I haven't applied anywhere that day I've at least been checking out new openings basically daily at this point. I had an interview with a book store about 2 weeks ago I think? but the manager was out for a week and is catching up on stuff and told me if I don't hear back within a few weeks to call them back myself. sigh. I'm just..feeling really frustrated and defeated.

however, my mom and I are on somewhat better terms now and she is more willing to help out with therapy, at least with the assessment fee thing and then I fill out some sort of financial support form and id pay a fee based on whatever income I get and since I have no income currently id imagine id pay very little or none at all so..heres hoping I can get therapy.

I also have an appointment with my job developer on Wednesday so I hope that goes well. I just want a part time job so I can make money and move is that too much to ask :(

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I called the place I had an interview with and they said they hired everyone they were already interested in so I basically got my hopes up. Sigh.

I did apply to 2 positions yesterday though and looked for any new openings today, none that qualify for me.

I plan to call back the places I applied to next week.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I wish you the best of luck with getting a job. Painful it truly is. Btw nice flair and signature, looks awesome

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Had the interview today! It went well I think! I was a little timid but I think I did well overall. I answered the questions to the best of my ability. He said he will call back by the end of this week if they're interested in a second interview.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i didn't get the job. they chose other applicants

however they are hiring again in october and will hopefully look at my application again then.

in the mean time, i applied to target today. been looking at new job openings daily multiple times a day. im just. very frustrated.

Back