• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smileys or no smileys ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No, not here... except :) and :( sometimes. Obviously I have the 'disable smilies in text' setting checked; although I don't see anything wrong with them (besides the way our default emoticons really show their age), their would-be sparsity in my posts would look out of place, and I think they tend to look out of place on forums in general anyway.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really don't use smileys often, but I do use things like "xD," "D:" and ":D" at times when I feel like it.

Years
  • I hate picture smileys, for the simple reason that they look weird together with text. However, I am OK with text smileys =)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I disable the picture smileys because I don't think they do the text ones justice. Like... :D I just don't like its picture.

But I really use smileys a lot, like:
    :3
    ;)
    :D
    D:
    :(
    ^_^

And not really a smiley...
    <3

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I pretty much use smilies all the time, just to express my emotions.

Without them, I feel like I'm being too serious.

...Kinda like in this post. XD;

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I use stuff like :) :D XD c: d: all the time. Although, I very much hate the :D :) :P ones. So I have it disabled.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Actual image smilies (on forums or otherwise) kind of kill the charm, so I disable them where possible. Text smilies I like using to sort of emphasize the tone of my words, plus I just like them, I suppose. :3

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes, I do I use them all the time.

I am going for the smile emblem:laugh::rambo::P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have the actual yellow smileys disabled because i find them overused and annoying, but I use text smileys heavily. :D
    How ironic.
    On this site at least, the great many use text emoticons. It's like everyone refuses to use graphical smilies because they're overrated or whatever, while themselves overrating the likes of 'colon capital D'. I don't mean to criticise; just an observation of mine.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Text Smiles are my fav, sometimes I use image smilies. XP 8) ^_^ ^.^ ;) :) :O xp ); D: <3 are some of the ones I abuse most :P

Serrium

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    I sometimes use both, but I prefer to use words, 'haha', 'lol', 'Umm'..rather than smileys all together.

Back