• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Smoochum vs Magby vs Elekid

Which one?

• [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b5/239MS.png[/img]

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e4/240MS.png[/img]

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/00/238MS.png[/img]

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Welcome to the Pokemon vs. Pokemon polls! Here, you may choose between pokemon listed, and pick your favourite! Now in this poll, we'll take a look at the three 'kid' pokemon that were introduced in GSC: Smoochum, Magby, and Elekid!

Smoochum vs Magby vs Elekid

Smoochum ムチュール is the prevolved form of Jynx. It's a Psychic/Ice type!

Elekid エレキッド is the prevolved form of Electabuzz. Another electric type!

Magby ブビィ is the prevolved form of Magmar. Like it's evolved form, it's a Fire type.​

Which one of these three is your preferred choice, and why?

Last edited:

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
    Elekid!

even Electabuzz (Elekid Evo) is Middle Stage Evo, They power like legendary Pokemon (In my opinion).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Smoochum because it doesn't ultimately end in a trade evolution.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ummm this is hard, I like them all? They're really cute and all decent Pokemon with good varying movepools. I think I'll go with Smoochum bc she smol and sass.

Years
    I voted for Smoochum, since I like a cute Ice-type. Elekid and Magby don't seem to appeal to me that much.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    To be honest, Smoochum, Magby and Elekid look cooler and cuter than their evolutions do, especially Magby and Smoochum. But out of all three, Magby has the ugliest final forms out of the three in my opinion so it's out, Elekid looks cool with its 2 prong head, but Smoochum evolves into Jynx who doesn't need a trade evolution and its typing and design is good. Tough choice, but I'll go with Smoochum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    To me they're all so cute! But I gotta say... Smoochum wins. Magby just is a smaller version of Magmar and Elekid doesn't really look THAT much like Electabuzz.

Smoochum has tons of personality in the design and is/was the most useful typing with the end-game Dragon-types.

Years
    I'm a little late to the rodeo, but I would have voted for Smoochum. As previously said she has a little extra something in the personality department. I also can't resist all that annoyer potential in her moveset. They're all quite cute though.

Jynx is Jynx, but I never thought the Electabuzz or Magmar designs were anything to shout about, especially the direction that Magmar's line goes down later on. Jynx got shortchanged out of a third stage evolution in gen 4 alongside her electric and fire twin brothers. She could have atoned for any criticism that her design was ugly or a racist-looking caricature by wowing the world with a beautiful final form akin to Gardevoir. I would have made Jynx a spirit of winter, amped up her stats into a terrifying special sweeper and blessed her with a desirable ability like Shadow Tag or Snow Warning.

Last edited:
    Back