• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen So anyone else get lost in Lumiose city?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Getting lost in Lumiose is the best part! It's not so bad once you get used to the city after awhile. Actually, when I first got there I had no clue as to where I was going more than half the time, and the camera angles did make it confusing. However, then I figured out using the skates or bike made navigating through the city much easier. Now it's not so hard getting around, and while I can pretty much find my way to important locations (i.e. the boutique, duh!) I still wind up getting lost from time to time. That's what makes this city so great though (in my opinion), so I just enjoy it. If I'm in a hurry, I just catch a cab or use a map from online.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I always got lost looking for the cafe I needed to go to for the story :/ It took me about 10 mins to find where I needed to go, what a fail lol

Years
  • When I first played through x I was disappointed with lumiose, I thought it a bad attempt to landscape with 3d and was massive, then I realized camera angles are more friendly on Rollerblades and I actually enjoy it. On my y version I plan on fully exploring every corner of it after I fight the super double battle leader. Currently keep loosing around the mid 20s :(

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • YES, I was stuck for about a day x_x I was watching TV shows while playing the game and missed the part about going to Lysandre Cafe entirely. I was wandering around looking for route 15 and didn't realise I had to go to the cafe first -- it's a monster to find as it is, let alone when you're not paying attention xD

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Well that map is pretty convenient(now give me one for the abyssal ruins :P) and yes I did get lost and there were these guys saying there was a blackout and you can't go past and guess what?

I SAW PEOPLE WALKING IN THE BLACKOUT ZONE AND HE DIDN'T EVEN CARE. AND AT NIGHT THE LIGHTS WERE ON.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    No spoilers (Should be obvious the power comes back on eventually)

I have no idea what's going on in that city. A few times I have been confused going there. The thing with the power confused me after I flew back to the north wing FROM the other place, still had a Blackout. Took me a good few hours to figure out what to do and where to go from the other place..

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Lumiose City is what happens when game designers try TOO hard to make something top of the class.

I like all the stuff. I don't like how you get around.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nowadays, I know my way around it a bit. When I was first introduced to Lumiose, though, I was definitely lost. As soon as I got to one place, I would immediately forget how to get back to the previous. First few times I had visited the city, it's taken me nearly ten to fifteen minutes just to find the Pokémon Center. xD Lumiose City reminded me a lot about New York, the place where I currently reside. If it had more people here and there, then it would've been an exact replica. Haha. I thought Castelia City was big, but this… this is just gigantic! Thank god that we had a few guys around driving taxis. If it wasn't for them, then I don't know what I'd do.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I had a hard time navigating at first too and even when I found out about the cabs, I didn't want to take one because I'm a darn cheapskate. Now, I just seem to naturally know where all the facilities I frequently visit (Restaurants, Lottery, Pr Studio) are.
    Also:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    I end up skating around in a circle and not really getting anywhere. The cabs are amazing, as long as you know the name of the place you need to go to. Lumiose City is a nice place, at least. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Ugh, yes. It's big, but I honestly think it's too big with how the game looks. It took me fifteen minutes to find the Red cafe where Lysander's HQ in Lumiose, until I finally gave up and used a cab. I really like the city though, I hope I'm not complaining too much. xD

Years
  • I get lost soooo much in Lumiose City that as long as I can get to Centrico Plaza within the hour I'm happy. I've also used the cab once, and that was because I wanted to know what it was like after I unlocked the entire city. Since I didn't really care as to where I ended up, I ended up paying the guy almost 9000 P.

I don't use them anymore haha

Years
  • I just use Taxi's (I felt like Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock when doing the looker quest the way how he uses cabs to get to crime seance all the time).
    Is not to hard to figure out with the boulevards avenues etc, but its so vast its quicker to use the taxi.

Years
  • Yeah, it was pretty awkward knowing everything for me, too. Some places I don't always remember where they are even now, except for a few of them that I've visited many times.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • the first few days in the game i would get lost and had to use a map, but not anymore. i pretty much know my way around lol

Years
  • I remember the first time I entered Lumiose City. I was like {D:} haha I thought that this city was too big for the Pokemon world and I hated it I didn't even spend more time there. And thank God actually, cause I was not aware about the glitch! Anyway, I wanted to get the hatching O-power and the only way of doing this is to level up your style. So, I thought it was a good opportunity to discover the city. I used a map I found on the internet and now I can say that I am totally cool with that city. I love it ! :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Ugh, Lumiose is a maze of identical streets! I got lost as soon as I entered. Literally had no idea where anything was! xD

But I guess it's not the city itself as much as the camera. It is easier to go around Lumiose while walking, but when you're on skates the camera just zigzags all over the place!

Back