• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    So its official that these are they 2 next games in pokemon line then

or are these what nintendo are maybe going to do
    Officially confirmed. On the Japanese website and everything - so yeah, definitely being made. =D

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm getting Soul Silver because I bought Silver and it's batter is dead now haha.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    Officially confirmed. On the Japanese website and everything - so yeah, definitely being made. =D

thanks bob and bill, so this is the only era i missed out on and the ebst

soulsilver cause its sounds great

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    I'm getting HeartGold and I'm gonna make sure my brother gets SoulSilver, since in 2000 I got Gold and he got Silver. It's the circle of life!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Soul Silver.

But, I don't know..I'll see closer to the time, as there will be different pokemon on each one.

If they are excact re-makes of each...Then, Silver.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I haven't played the G/S/C games, so I wouldn't know the exclusive Pokemons.

Though, I think for now, I'll just say Heart Gold, or Soul Silver. Or both.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I'm going to get both but I will probably end up playing Soul Silver more because that was the first 2nd gen game I beat.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

But thats Lugia! Anyway yeah this version for sure. Too bad we will mis out on the emblems like how we missed out on the leaf and flame for FR/LG.

Years
    I will be getting the HeartGold version. The Gold version was the first Generation II Pokemon game I played - though the first time I played it, I was playing someone else's copy. I eventually ended up getting the Gold version myself.

Lol, this is the exact same as me! Although i ended up getting both Gold and Silver, from two completely non-related people. Although i think i might get Soul Silver. I get what the names mean- as in ''with all my Heart and Soul''- but HeartGold sounds a bit corny.. I don't know. I don't care! The remakes are coming, that's all i give a damn about!
    *rejoices-chibi-style* =3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

But thats Lugia! Anyway yeah this version for sure. Too bad we will mis out on the emblems like how we missed out on the leaf and flame for FR/LG.
    I actully meant the Heartgold emblem,If you looks closely at the heart you'll see its Ho-oh's wings.

Correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I'm getting both. Though I'll probably play Soul Silver more because I got the original Silver first. most of my 2nd Gen games' batteries died so this news made my day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    I love the titles of these games i cant belive i nevre thought of these titles before i am definetly getting heartgold because of ho-oh and teddiursa!!!
    also i think pokecommunity should make a hearttgold and soulsilver theme to celebrate this game!!!!

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Ever heard of the term 'heart of gold'? It makes sense when you think about it.

Crystal remake I don't think will happen considering when the 1st gen was remade, Yellow never came out.

On topic ; Oh wow, everyone in this thread so far is leaning towards Soul Silver.. I expected more Heart Gold buyers honestly.
    Yo wassup.
    ever came up near a boy with a heart at his game and the game is an RPG?
    still. lugia kicks ass. but for now, i think that they should rise the levels of kanto leaders.
    well.. last time i remember a heart in a game.. well, its mostly any day since i love to use Roll's Battlechip in Megaman Battle Network Series..

and lugia is more cool. anyway it doesn't really matter otherwise they will be again "we love teh marketing. ya need heart for ho-oh and soul for lugia" since lugia was available at gold and the opposite, ho-oh was available at silver.

the only thing i hope that will never happen is to take the Gen 2 games, and add Wi-Fi. now that would be badass. right?

wow.. i write way too much.

Back