• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

tHIS IS A COOL PIC I FOUND ON THEM!!!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'm tempted to get both (which I have never done before! :O), just because I've waited ages for these (heck, I would rather have Soul Silver and Heart Gold [XD random names!] than Platinum :() I just loved Silver, and still play it (well, Crystal XD) to this day! :D Once I found out, I was so happy! :D So yeah, I'll buy both, but if not Soul Silver just because I love Lugia and Silver was the one I got. :D Oh, and once I told my brother, he didn't care. ;_; I'm sad, since he bought Pearl so...:\

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    Didn't anyone play Crystal first? Guess, I'm the only one. :/ Anyway, i don't think i'm going to buy any of these games. But i'm sure, it's going to be awesum.:D

Well... I played Crystal first. It doesn't make any difference this time around as you can still play a girl (and they'd better add the Odd Egg...!)
    Probably HeartGold. But version exclusives won't matter because of the wonder of IRL friends with DS's (so trading with D/D/P) and GTS.
    Seriously with GTS, the most important question when picking which game is... which colour is cooler? Personally, I think Gold!
    Elite Champion, your picture is an old fake from a while back...

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    SoulSilver, because Silver was my first pokemon game ever. 8D

Maybe I'll talk my brother into getting HeartGold so I can get those version exclusives. <.< >.>

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Silver is the first pokemon game I can rememer playing.
    So it looks like I'm going to take a blast from the paaast and get SoulSilver.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Both. If not, Heart Gold since I got Gold first.
    BUT I WOULD LOVE A CRYSTAL REMAKE, DURR. <3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Arrgh! I don't know what I'm getting. I haven't played Gen. II games, before, so these games are a definite for me if I can get a DS (along with getting Platinum). HeartGold is appealing because it has Ho-oh, based on my favorite legendary creature, the Phoenix. Also, gold is an imposing, radiant, shining color IMO. :D
    But I'm more familar with Lugia (mainly due to hearing its name more often as well as its role in Pokemon: The Movie 2000 - The Power of One. Lugia's entry of rising from the water and the Aeroblast depiction in the moviewere simply EPIC). Furthermore, silver is a nice relaxing color. Plus, it rolls off the tongue nicely in "SoulSilver" :)
    So, this is gonna take a while to decide... Anyway, I'm just glad we're at least getting the games! That really helped make my day yesterday! :cer_boogie:

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    SO getting Heart Gold! Gold was my1st 2G game and i still have the guide book for it! So i'm sonna see exactly how different it is! Ahh the good old days! Can't wait for the release!

I Wonder if people will be wanting a R/S/E Remake in a couple years? xD

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I'll probably hve both eventually.

I'll certainly get SoulSilver first, though. Silver is one of, if not my favorite Pokemon game. Lugia is awesome, whereas I never really liked the look of Ho-oh.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I'm going to import an englisch version of Soul Silver, since silver is the GenII game I played most.
    But maybe I also buy Heart Gold when it comes out in german (Although I think the german title will sound weird... "Herz Gold", oh my)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I will get both at some point but first I want Heart Gold. Have to say I think the new names are terrible.

I would like a R/S/E remake. They are my favourites.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
    I voted neither, because I think I'll wait till more information is actually known about them, no point getting all excited then finding out only the graphics are different ;)

Back