• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so many noobs

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
  • I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
    a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
    b) You're a sore loser.
    Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.

xXScytherXx, read this please. Thanks. Lol.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I prefer to call people with all uber teams "uber noobs." =)

Actually, I don't think people who use all ubers are noobs, but when I see a moveset that's "Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Hyper Beam," I pretty much know I'm dealing with a 7-year-old. I've beaten full uber teams before with a lot of ease and sometimes I lose after a hard battle. Does it really matter if people use all ubers as long as you have a good, fun battle playing the game you love?

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • It's really simple.

If you don't wanr to play with people that use Ubers, just say "No Ubers". It's that simple. Don't accept random battles on Wi-Fi, that can help. And if those "godly" ubers are able to beat your team, and 70% of the time they're not EV trained, then maybe something's wrong with your team. I use BPjask, and I have many options to pass to, or he alone can beat that "Unholy" Mewtwo.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    You guys are saying using Ubers is fair? So, having a pokemon with stats can reach 430 is fair?

Ubers are trophies that remind you when you beat a certain point in the game, and anyone who uses them to compete with the REGULAR competitive battling scene needs that extra boost of handicap because they're either too lazy to play fair, or that they think that winning with Ubers is actually winning.

Hence why Ubers are popular with the newbie scene, since they don't know how to play, but they can still keep up with the veteran players.

Ubers stats are totally cheap, and nothing anybody says in this thread is gonna change their movesets or base stat count.
    No, Uber aren't fair, but unless those Ubers are EV trained (most of which aren't), a good player should be able to beat them fairly easily. Most people who play Pokémon are just casual players who don't know anything about natures, IVs, EVs etc and just because we're more knowledgeable of Pokémon than they are doesn't make us smarter than them and it really gives us no right to call them n00bs. (newbies maybe, but not n00bs) If anyone is to blame for this it's Nintendo for not banning Ubers, not the people who are using them.
    Deokishisu said:
    Actually, I don't think people who use all ubers are noobs, but when I see a moveset that's "Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Hyper Beam," I pretty much know I'm dealing with a 7-year-old. I've beaten full uber teams before with a lot of ease and sometimes I lose after a hard battle. Does it really matter if people use all ubers as long as you have a good, fun battle playing the game you love?
    That post = win. If those people can enjoy playing the game, why can't we?

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    deokishiu is right, but nintendo should admit to their own forumgoers that there is a battling community that isnt nessissarily run by their anything-unhacked-is-allowed standard.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Legendaries are fair because everyone can use them it's a choice to use them or not it's a choice to insult people if they do it's also a choice to just enjoy yourself.

One of the main reasons people use Legendaries is because they look "Cool" compared to most of the other Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
    a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
    b) You're a sore loser.
    Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.
    How dare you use expansive thought to win an argument! Reality is so n00bish!

I'm going to go vent on message boards!!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • No, Uber aren't fair, but unless those Ubers are EV trained (most of which aren't), a good player should be able to beat them fairly easily. Most people who play Pokémon are just casual players who don't know anything about natures, IVs, EVs etc and just because we're more knowledgeable of Pokémon than they are doesn't make us smarter than them and it really gives us no right to call them n00bs. (newbies maybe, but not n00bs) If anyone is to blame for this it's Nintendo for not banning Ubers, not the people who are using them.

That post = win. If those people can enjoy playing the game, why can't we?

I've never read a post that made sense as much as this. This says what I feel perfectly. We can sometimes feel that we are superior because we know more about pokemon. Not true.

Shining.Shadows

Professional Mourner
    Years
  • Legendaries are fair because everyone can use them it's a choice to use them or not it's a choice to insult people if they do it's also a choice to just enjoy yourself.

One of the main reasons people use Legendaries is because they look "Cool" compared to most of the other Pokemon.

Amen to that. After all, how is it unfair that they (n00bs) think outside your (moaners) box of normality? Yeah xXscytherXx has a point that they are "trophies" for when you reach a certain point in the game. But, how will my pokemanzzz ever love me if I don't use them, Scyther?

Particular Note: Hahaha ;D @ Zulen. I'm sorry, it's in my nature to argue to the bitter end! Also I notice a few people quoting what I wrote and, well, thank you for the support! I did feel like ranting a tad. I'm not usually listened to much in forums! Now excuse me whilst I go mong to Gorillaz.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • I use every single pokemon at my disposal. (catching the all isn't my priority at all anymore, meaning I don't catch many pokemon, unless I personally like them for whatever reason.) the only people I consider the dorky-arse word "noob" would be those that just simply put too much time into this game in the first place....o.o...just to point that out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2007
    Hi shelter the words, Italian of i, I have game of dis in American, but not there are right words, than what it is a noob?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    I don't call them Ubers or whatever I call them Legendaries like they were mean't to be called.

Ubers sounds strange.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I use every single pokemon at my disposal. (catching the all isn't my priority at all anymore, meaning I don't catch many pokemon, unless I personally like them for whatever reason.) the only people I consider the dorky-arse word "noob" would be those that just simply put too much time into this game in the first place....o.o...just to point that out.

I use the word rookie. Noob sounds stupid. But even if people spends a year on the game, so what? They bought it, right? If they can pay for it themselves, who are we to say they can't play it?

Shining.Shadows

Professional Mourner
    Years
  • I use the word rookie. Noob sounds stupid. But even if people spends a year on the game, so what? They bought it, right? If they can pay for it themselves, who are we to say they can't play it?

Amen to that. Alas, it seems that some individuals feel they have a right to say what other people do with their own games.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Most of the time, ubers are actually so much easier to beat than some none ubers. I always find Togekiss a problem along with Defensive Vaporeons and Bronzongs. When someone with Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Mewtwo, Kyogre and Rayquaza appears, I can usually take them out with my Feraligatr single handedly.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I don't call them Ubers or whatever I call them Legendaries like they were mean't to be called.

Ubers sounds strange.
    But the thing is that ubers and legendaries aren't the same thing. Normal legendaries aren't superior to normal Pokémon in any way, whereas ubers are. Of course most ubers are legendaries as well, but there's a clear difference between an uber and a legendary.

mdarkcecil

Blue Belt
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    But the thing is that ubers and legendaries aren't the same thing. Normal legendaries aren't superior to normal Pokémon in any way, whereas ubers are. Of course most ubers are legendaries as well, but there's a clear difference between an uber and a legendary.

Ubers are pokemon that have a base stat total of 600 or more. Legendaries have a base stat total of 600 or more and are one of a kind. Rare pokemon are limited in a game and have a base stat total lower than 600. Not many people realize that

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
  • I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
    b) You're a sore loser.

Thank you.

My God.
    I can't get over that post.
    XD

The following Pokémon are considered 'Uber' and are banned from standard play:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus & Wobbuffet.

Just in case anybody didn't know.

Back