• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so many noobs

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    What i'm saying is that Nintendo calls them Legendaries not Ubers, Ubers is online slang.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
  • Thank you SO much Ariel. That post you quoted makes very little sense.

I take it you think I was in support of that "rant" of his, as he called it. I merely thought it was somewhat humorous. Hence part of the reason as to why I quoted.
    I can see his point, and we should be able to use Legendaries more freely without "OMG N00B" being screamed at us. Which is the the other reason why I quoted it. But I can also see the competitive player's point of view as in to that to hold a decent enjoyable battle that, they should be kept from standard play, kept in battles exclusive to them. >_<

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Ubers are pokemon that have a base stat total of 600 or more. Legendaries have a base stat total of 600 or more and are one of a kind. Rare pokemon are limited in a game and have a base stat total lower than 600. Not many people realize that
    That is incorrect. Not all Pokémon with a base stat total of 600 are ubers and not all legendaries have a base stat total of 600 or more. The trios only have a base stat total of 580 and ability, typing and movepool also play a big part in what's uber and what's not. If anyone can seriously say they think Celebi, Jirachi, Cresselia, Heatran, Slaking, Shaymin, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Salemence and Dragonite are ubers they have a lot to learn about Pokémon.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I take it you think I was in support of that "rant" of his, as he called it. I merely thought it was somewhat humorous. Hence part of the reason as to why I quoted.
    I can see his point, and we should be able to use Legendaries more freely without "OMG N00B" being screamed at us. Which is the the other reason why I quoted it. But I can also see the competitive player's point of view as in to that to hold a decent enjoyable battle that, they should be kept from standard play, kept in battles exclusive to them. >_<

No I didn't. I thought you were against the parts that were vastly incorrect. Ranting without proper knowledge (the thread you quoted, not you) is never a good idea, despite how right you are.

I agree, ubers are used all too common, but they are often used by casual players & kids, making them no real treat. My 8 year old cousin uses them, cause they "look cool" and, according to him, are "unbeatable". Cute. Should he not use them for our sakes? Do you know his set for Dailgia? The same one you get when you catch it. Is he a threat? Not at all. So whats the problem?

EDIT: Now that I read Ariel's post, I sounded sarcastic. I wasn't aimming for that. I was pay you a compliment. My bad.

Last edited:

sims796

Years
  • Ooo. Burn.

I agree with Yoshi. This quote explains why.
    I agree, ubers are used all too common, but they are often used by casual players & kids, making them no real treat. My 8 year old cousin uses them, cause they "look cool" and, according to him, are "unbeatable". Cute. Should he not use them for our sakes? Do you know his set for Dailgia? The same one you get when you catch it. Is he a threat? Not at all. So whats the problem?

But I see why some people are mad. Ubers are unfair, but not when used by unknowledgable kids & casual players.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Yes, but little 8 year old kids aren't in competitive battling, so it's not much of a threat like you said.

Ubers are all right to play in the game, not in the metagame.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Jeez, I didn't mean it to be flame bait. I just mean, as long as people don't use it on online play I'll be fine with it. Because it is their game, and people should be allowed to use Ubers if they want, as long as they don't use them in the metagame.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Shining.Shadows said:
    I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
    a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
    b) You're a sore loser.
    Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.

a. Someone who isn't a lazy, dependent, immature n00b.
    b. I've never lost to an uber user. They're lazy and dependent and they don't know sh*t about how to train Pokemon.
    c. As if we give a flying f*ck if anyone thinks we're cool. We're competitors. We're here to win, and if someone like you can't appreciate that, then leave.
    d. There is an element of sportsmanship in Pokemon. Any game has ettiquette to it, and this is how we play this game. Learn to play or leave. That's the reality.

Yoshimitsu said:
    Just because people use ubers do not make them lazy.

In case you forgot, not everyone understands EV's or knows how to EV train. There is nothing wrong with ubers, you just get pissed that people beat you with them.

But they are lazy because they are unwilling to learn how to play in the competitive scene, which does not involve legendaries, whom are nothing more than trophies for beating the game. They are not to be used in competitive play, and anyone who does is using them as a crutch in place of proper training. And don't say I'm pissed about losing, because I've beaten plenty of uber teams. I've even beaten a shiny hacked Regigigas without Slow Start that was using Sacred Fire. I know I can beat ubers, but that doesn't mean I'll condone them.

What's deplorable, is not the n00bish kids who don't know better, but the truly lazyass people who know full well but don't want to take the time required to raise a real team. At least the kids can be taught.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    What's deplorable, is not the n00bish kids who don't know better, but the truly lazyass people who know full well but don't want to take the time required to raise a real team. At least the kids can be taught.
    Ahem... since when have uber teams not been real teams? Ubers have their own metagame and as long as you don't use ubers outside it, there's nothing wrong with using them. Obtaining a good IVd uber with a good nature is far from easy and raising them is just as hard as raising any other useful Pokémon. I also lol at the fact that you call people who use ubers lazy because they're supposedly easier to raise when you've also openly admitted you use an exp-boosting code to level up your Pokémon. It's pretty sad that you call others lazy after that. =\

sims796

Years
  • Willingness to learn? I disagree with that spot. You're right, some people does not care about EV's & the like. We competitors didn't make the game. If they wanna play casually, who are we to tell them otherwise? Time required to make a team? Maybe they don't care about the game like we do to bother with EV's, IV's, & the like. They have full right to play wi fi, & PBR. The game wasn't made "reserved for hardcore gamers", it was made for whoever can fork over $50, which, unfortunately, rookies can buy.

I also don't really like that "n00bish kids" comment. I don't know, seems wrong.

But I completely agree with that sportsmanship comment. Everything that has even a thin slip of competition has a layer of sportsmanship that should always be respected. From Basketball, right down to staring contest.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    They are not to be used in competitive play.

..And this is the point where I stopped reading the post.

I'd like to know just specifically WHO said ubers are not for competitive play?

EDIT: And by the way, Smarties-chan just burned you to the ground.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Sometimes I wonder why there are people in the pokemon community that would take someone using the pokemon they enjoy using adding to the fact that they can use whatever they want so seriously to go as far as to calling them an immature noob, it is really sad.

Urablur

Losing Street Cred
    Years
  • I agree with Silent Storm.
    Yes, ubers are overpowered but if, you know, someone uses ubers, leave them to it and just don't battle them.

sims796

Years
  • Yeah, but the problem is on PBR, it's random who you fight, uber or not.

We have to remember that ubers are too powerful to use in standard play. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. However, the majority of uber users are young children or casual players. They can't use ubers too well enough to be a threat at all.

Shining.Shadows

Professional Mourner
    Years
  • My God.
    I can't get over that post.
    XD

The following Pokémon are considered 'Uber' and are banned from standard play:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus & Wobbuffet.

Just in case anybody didn't know.

Wait, I know I don't play Pokémon THAT much, but Wobbuffet an Uber? Did I miss something somewhere...?

Most of the time, ubers are actually so much easier to beat than some none ubers. I always find Togekiss a problem along with Defensive Vaporeons and Bronzongs. When someone with Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Mewtwo, Kyogre and Rayquaza appears, I can usually take them out with my Feraligatr single handedly.

Yeah, Feraligatr rocks muchos! Anything that has evolution levels like Feraligatr's must be great. If anyone tried to use Arceus in a battle against me I'd laugh and "hax" them, so their game somehow crashed and they lost the Arceus (along with the others). Not really, but it would be entertaining. And thank you Ariel, ranting is good for the ol' blood pressure...

Last edited:

sims796

Years
  • Yes, Wobbo is. Read the general wi-fi battling rules thread on Battle Stadium forum. They have a long discussion why.

Wobbufet has the HP to survive an attack, and then wipe out rhe attacker with a retalitory move. Then there's Destiny Bond, so either way, two of you're pokes are going down. It wouldn't be so bad without it's ability, Shadow Tag. And imagine if two Wobbufet happen to meet.

Back