• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So what do people think will be good trade fodder in Sun and Moon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Kinda curious what people think will be the most sought after things? Still IV bred pokemon even with Hyper Training? Just egg move pokemon? Any specific pokemon or pokemon egg move combos?

Just kinda looking to work out what I should work on making up if I wanna get started and I figure others likely will be wondering this as well.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Hyper Training doesn't actually change the IV's, just to max in battles. If it's got 0 IV in Speed, it will still pass down 0 IV in speed if bred. Not to mention Bottlecaps are insanely hard to get.

I think HA Mareanie, exclusives for time being and Cosmog family will be the big ones. Magearna and Marshadow over online trades (not GTS)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    female salandits, version exclusives, starters, and pokemon found towards the end like Jangmo-o all did really well for me on the gts. They all traded within the hour.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Version exclusives, Ultra Beasts and tricky to get item Pokemon (Like Magmortar).

Disappointingly the GTS is full of people asking for Ultra Beasts for common Pokemon.

Years
  • My Wonder Trades are consistent filled with Abras. This is why I love nicknaming my Pokémon. Japan please! Stop with the Abras! Spice it up!

Edit:

I've been making egg move Pokémon. I already did Bounsweet with Synthesis and Playrough. I'm doing Snubull and Rowlet next. Bewear Dicidueye! He's a excellent supporter!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Some of the rarer SOS pokemon. As said, Mareanie is pretty good, but also stuff like Happiny and Sableye might be good. The weather SOS pokemon are especially good: in particular Castform, managed to get the Sun exclusive legendaries in just a few hours. So stuff like Goomy, Vanillite, Gible are pretty good too. Maybe Island Scan Pokemon as well: Johto and Unova starters, Deino, Axew, Klink, Honedge stuff like that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Vulpix is pretty good for getting version exclusives, even Sandslash. Stuff that evolved via friendship or rare such as Lucario and Weavile as well, got a Cosmog from it. Any of the exclusive UBs and of course the legendaries.

Back