• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soda

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • People could also enjoy the sugar rush of soft drinks...

Soda

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • I'm a sucker for a good soft drink. Cloudy Lemonade, Cola and Mountain Dew. Mmh. I'm aware how unhealthy they are but shush, I don't get spots anyway, and I hardly gain weight from unhealthy foods. I'm lucky like that, I guess.

As for why I drink them, I have no idea. I like the taste. I've always had a standard sweet tooth.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    Oh god, I'm a soda addict, it's bad I know, but tap water is SOOO bad here! I recently started getting those big jugs of water at the store so hopefully I'll switch soon.

Years
  • You know, you can get sick and die from drinking too much water too. It's called Water Intoxication. So just remember that when you say that too much soda is bad for you. Too much of anything is bad for you, so that point is moot. Same with every other compound we ingest. Let's allow people to make good judgment, rather than just banning everything.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    You know, you can get sick and die from drinking too much water too. It's called Water Intoxication. So just remember that when you say that too much soda is bad for you. Too much of anything is bad for you, so that point is moot. Same with every other compound we ingest. Let's allow people to make good judgment, rather than just banning everything.

Exactly. It rather annoys me when people say you should drink 2 litres of water a day, as it's medically proven that drinking anything has the same effect, from flavoured water to coffee.

On an unrelated subject, I also never understood the idea of bottled water; the costs are insane and it's filtered less than perfectly good tap water.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I prefer water, juice and vitamin water to soda but sometimes when I decide to let go and pig out it's nice to have a glass of coke with some pizza.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I remember a time where I would have so much diet coke in a day, and certainly not enough water. Now it's the other way. I kinda lost my taste for drinks other than water and tea. I'm kinda boring, haha. ;~;

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm not really the type of person to consume a lot of carbonated drinks in a day. To be honest, I think the last time I drank any kind of soda, preferably Sprite, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, or orange soda was on New Years Day. Most of the time I'm either drinking something like iced tea, juice, or water.

I believe that too much of anything isn't good for you, so for those who indulge themselves in soda or other carbonated drinks, while it's not bad to enjoy drinking it, it's not the best to only nourish your body with such drinks. The same applies to those like me though just like Live Wire explained. If you take moderate amounts in a day, a week, a month - whatever pleases you, I think you find yourself to enjoy the beverage a lot more than if you were to consume it more than need be.

Even then, following my own words, when I go out and have the chance to buy a soda at Subway or the mall, I often take lemonade or another fruit juice over soda. Lately, it just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I keep drinking my delicious carbonated acid beverage because it beats the hell out of plain water.

I've been drinking it regularly since I was maybe 10 or so and I'm not diabetic or anything. My dental hygiene leaves much to be desired but that's about it. XD

Years
  • I like drinking it a few times a week, but I'm more of a diet soda person. Sometimes I could consume a whole case of something like Diet Coke in only 2 or 3 days, but other times (like recently), I don't drink it for a few days or even weeks on end. I also drink lots of water, and I like having milk or tomato juice once and a while, too.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I drink soda because it tastes nice, and gives me a caffeine boost. I'm not hooked on it, I can go for months, even years without it, but it's a pick-me-up when you're feeling tired and it's fun to drink. If I didn't drink soda I'd probably go back to tea or coffee. o:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    You know you drink too much soda when you feel like you're gonna throw up water if you drink it. :/

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I love soda. not diet drinks though. diet tastes terrible imo.

I generally tend to avoid carbonated drinks
    I don't really like that "fizzy feeling"
    I like it, but i don't like it. Get me? /no

and It gives me the hiccups. I prefer iced tea or lemonade anyways o3o

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • The only things I drink are water, milk, and juice. That's it. I very, very rarely drink soda. When I do, it's root beer. And that's it.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I dont really drink that much soda. I usually drink water, orange juice, and apple juice. Plus soda isnt a very good think to drink a lot if you are an athlete, and I also hate drinking coke. It makes me gag xP

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I hate Coca Cola. >.< Pepsi is almost as bad, but they both taste like carbonated cough medicine.

I drink mostly water, but at school I do drink Gatorade and I have lemonade relatively frequently. I don't really like sodas, yet my dental hygiene... could also improve. xD

G-Man

disGRUNTled
    Years
  • I drink Pepsi like its cool. I can go for about 2 to 3 liters in a day. i see no problem with this, as I tend to be very active, and brush my teeth like I am supposed to.

Back