• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soundcloud, Pandora, or Last.fm?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Soundcloud, Pandora, and Last.fm are all very popular free music sharing and listening platforms, each with its own set of unique features.

Which ones do you use, and why? Do you use the mobile app?

I use Soundcloud and Last.fm, because they have many of the songs that I like, which aren't available on Pandora. I think that Pandora has an excellent concept (Music Genome Project) though, but it has mostly licensed music, so you get quality at the expense of variety and availability. I've downloaded the mobile app for Last.fm, but I don't really use it, because I only really have access to Wi-fi at home or at school, where I can just use my laptop.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm a pandora type of person although i do agree about the limited variety of music. i've listened to a few groups for months now and i have yet to see some of their albums surface my station. soundcloud isn't bad i'd just rather not have to do so much searching between fuzzy copies of songs and covers. i want to try out last.fm since it seems to be a thing around here.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I use last.fm for scrobbling with an occasional post on an artist page and that's about it. To be honest Spotify stands out way more than Pandora or Soundcloud for a lot of people, but it's not for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If I don't listen to music I've downloaded already, then I'll mostly listen to Spotify. Spotify or Iheartradio are my two go to places for music, I can literally listen to anything I want, when I want.

Years
    livingelectro.com
    320kbps.net
    kickass.so

I basically pirate music. I don't listen to music online. However, I do use soundcloud a lot to listen to previews of tracks, find new artists and find new labels. So in short, I basically use it as an exploration method rather than a place to make playlists etc.

I don't use the mobile app because I fear for the mobile data I'll use up.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I have no idea what Soundcloud even is, to be honest. I've never much cared for radio services. Although I'm trying so hard to create a good station through Pandora, it's wasted because it never actually lets you specify what it is you like/dislike, and then it plays live tracks. D:

I love using Spotify and Youtube to explore music.

Sir Codin

I use Pandora. I used to use Spotify, but I don't anymore for some reason.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I used to use Last Fm because it worked at my school when Slacker started being crap, and then I found Spotify and I've been using that ever since. It's easy for me to find new stuff with it and it has pretty much all of the music anyone has ever recommended me to listen to and it has a lot more obscure stuff which is good. Pandora pissed me off because it replayed the same song 5 times in an hour. There was just a song in between and it just really made me mad.

Years
    I use Last.fm's scrobbler to track the plays of my downloaded music. Sometimes I look on my recommendations on Last.fm to find something new too. I occasionally use Soundcloud when one of my favourite artists releases a free track on it, but I don't specifically try to use Soundcloud for any reason. I haven't even heard of Pandora, but since I download music, it doesn't sound like much use to me.

Years
    I don't use any, I use Spotify and IHeartRadio. I only use IHeart on my phone, though. Spotify honestly exceeds the ones you named in numerous ways, quality and lack of advertisements. They use a unique way of making money by getting paid by the artists to put their music onto Spotify, so people can listen to it. Iheart is similar to Pandora, except less ads and a larger variety.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I use Pandora once in a while if I'm in the mood to listen to something other than my regular playlist. Spotify is used pretty rarely for me. I don't use anything else at all.

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
    I used to use Pandora all the time, then started using Soundcloud. After Soundcloud I used Last.fm for about a week (as my last.fm on my profile shows) and then stopped. I just use Spotify now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    soundcloud and last.fm for diff purposes. soundcloud for clips, and last.fm to present my music profile . it is connected to my spotify.

Back