• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sounds that annoy you?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Crying, whining little kids. Alarms and sirens. Buzzers, Ringing cell phones. Those stupid beeps my computer makes whenever it has an error. My mother yelling at me. Dogs barking. Most anything that is loud and startling, I don't approve of.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    1.) People who talk with their mouth open while eating. It's gross and disgusting. Sadly, my parents do that, which causes me to get angry so I usually eat by myself.
    2.) Someone eating chips. It's bad enough they have to reach in their bag every time, but it's so dang loud!
    3.) Crying. I mean, it's alright for a minute or so, but then after that, please shut up.

And my list can go on....

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Too many things to list exhaustively, but of all those that came to my mind, "people who are loud during sex" was the most amusing.

Ayselipera

I'd say the number one noise that annoys me is really loud eating or just the noises you get when someone eats with their mouth open. Nothing irks me more than the constant snapping of lips and slurping of food coming from someones mouth.

The only other thing I can think of is the sound of pots and pans or dishware and silverware clanging against each other. This probably stems from the fact my parents just shove all the pots and pans into a couple cabinets and so when you go to pull one item out the rest come crashing down. Also for the life of me I'll never understand, but my dad and every once in a while, mom will wash the dishes viciously. Pretty much to the point where I swear they're all going to break, but that's fine I guess!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    I'm gonna be 100% honest - my own voice. It's hard for noises to annoy me, as I can ignore them (also, I'm used to annoying noises. My friends are good influences), but as I'm not used to my own voice, I'm easily annoyed by it. I also sound so ruddy obnoxious.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Polystyrene. Can't stand it AT ALL! Touching it, when it moves, that horrible squeak it makes... ugh. I hate when people buy things that come in it because there's the inevitable sound that it makes. Normally I have to leave the room whenever it comes on, as it annoys me that much.

Apart from that, not many sounds irritate me to such a degree. I'm not a massive fan of squelchy stuff, but I can tolerate that a lot more than polystyrene!

Years
    Beeping. The more frequent, the more annoying. Especially if I don't know where it's coming from.
    Loud buzzing. Awhile back at the apartment there was this loud unidentified buzzing noise late at night and I got so paranoid I couldn't sleep without the iPod on. ;_;
    Skipping CDs -- especially if it's not taken care of within 5 seconds. fdsabrahrdhbda just about sums up how I feel about that. :D

There's probably a bunch more that I'm missing but those were the first few that popped up. I'll probably edit later if I remember.

hellojazzii

s ♥ n e
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    i have several, but the main two that come to mind are noises like nails on a chalkboard. i hate that screechy sound. other similar noises are like jagged, large broken piece of rock or whatever being rubbed against the pavement or forks and knives scraped against each other, etc. it just gives me chills and i despise it.

another is when people are talking loudly and enthusiastically on the phone when i prefer the atmosphere to be quiet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The sound of my refrigerator at night. Seriously. I have dragged myself up from bed and KICKED that thing as hard as I can sometimes just to make it shut up. Surprisingly enough, it sometimes works. For a while.

Also, the sound of an old TV. That high pitched sound that older people can't hear (lucky bastards). I hear it in my head all the time... so when I hear it from a real TV, I can't stand it for long. No, I don't watch TV very often, guess why now xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For me, my biggest peeve sound-wise is probably people cracking knuckles, toes, or other body parts. It's so freaking annoying, especially since a lot of my friends and my younger brother all do it. ;_; They know it bugs me but then they do it just to antagonize me, lmao.
    For me, I can't stand the sound of someone eating with their mouth open. Something about it makes me uncomfortable and the sound itself isn't pleasant for me. I have to get away from it, otherwise I start getting irritated. The fact that they can't eat with their mouth closed aside, the sound of it is even worse. The sound of someone eating with their mouth open is actually a huuuuge pet peeve for me.
    Oh, and that too. smh.

Back