• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years

Yeah after seeing your blog post i was really happy that we were going to get a new beta in short period of time.

But after think about it for a while, 1 thing came to my mind. Take this as constructive criticism/suggestion since I want this game to be as close to perfection as possible.

It may be me, but I feel like the game can become too easy for 2 factors that you may consider changing: Too many powerful items and too much cash. I think the berries regenerate way too quickly and some have big healing abilities. Items are maybe too common as well, tho there aren't an enormous amount, some of them are too powerful for the story-time you find them. What I mean with this is that you usually find pretty powerful items like revives (phoenix-type items) and super-hyper potions alike at the very beggining of the game, and while I know the mechanics of the game may make this logical based of the high amount of HP the pokemon have, it still looks like too much for me. I believe some items need a nerf, specially the healing items and even more so, berries. About the cash, well I am usually able to buy al the houses avaliable and 99 ethers plus 99 potions and go with that for the entire game while only keeping a few phoenixes and selling the rest of the stuff besides some super powerful items that heal or revive everything instantly (Which I think should be extremely rare, like 1-2 avaliable in the entire game). Lastly, about the ManMan, it should only provide junk. Making it able to find powerful potions and power-ups (HP up, attack up, etc) seems overpowered for me even if it takes a while. I think it could provide more junk and more often, but only that, specially since you can craft the power-ups and such by using such junk, and that will encourage people to use the refine system. Otherwise it should be extremely more expensive to buy it from the guy, 399$ is too cheap for what it does now, even 500$ is.

TL;DR: Make healing items less powerful and rarer, and berries should grow back way slower or never grow back unless you provide them something which should be buyable (Like fertilizer or a watering tool, though watering should have a big cooldown or an expensive refilling), so money must be cleverly used. Also nerf the ManMan.

When you read this, think of it happening too with a perspective of a completely developed game with all chapters made.

Last edited:

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
New game+ was origianlly intended for this update, but will likely have to be delayed for another update.
I'm slightly disappointed to hear that, but it is completely understandable.

I will look forward to seeing it happen on the update AFTER this update. (7.4?)

I'm hoping to have this done by the end of next month. So stay tuned!
Will do, I definitely hope to see it finished by than, although chances are I won't have the time to play it since I'll be busy with College.

Copy the save files from the 0.72 folder and paste them into the 0.73 folder, they're named like: 'Save01.lsd'
Always good to see these types of details, I will have to remember to look for them. Hopefully all the save files are in the main folder and not in one of the sub folders.

not the worst estimate tbh.

indeed :D
I'll definately hope to be proven wrong then. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I love this game for the short time that I have played, but when I went to save it said I could not create a save and then exited out of the game causing me to start all over. Can you help me out?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I love this game for the short time that I have played, but when I went to save it said I could not create a save and then exited out of the game causing me to start all over. Can you help me out?

maybe the location you put the game is write-protected?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
maybe the location you put the game is write-protected?

Now that you said something like this, I thought about it and I realized that unlike my other games, this game is downloaded with saved files. I had to move the files to a specific folder or I wouldn't be able to save. Thanks for the help

kurallina

"You worms! You slime! Your barbaric ways are no m
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
My apologies if this has been reported already. I did not want to go through 75 pages today.

I have finished the beta and am now running freely for a bit of fun times, however I ran into this while adventuring.

Forgive the links butchered links; I made this account just now so I could post here. ( I'm not a big forum creature, but this game is quite wonderful and enjoyable. ) Just add the httpcolon// if needed?

It occurs here:

s26.postimg.org/xbd4m7zg9/Image3_0.gif
s26.postimg.org/4n4rwqmnt/Image3.gif

and carries out like:

s26.postimg.org/fb8ivkwmx/Image3_1.gif
s26.postimg.org/wpsr3utrt/Image3_2.gif
s26.postimg.org/53pzj6aex/Image3_3.gif

The entire conversation carries smoothly until they come to the clearing. Then the scene just halts. This happens every time I've gone this way ( I'm trying to milk out all of the Oak sidequests ) and thought I'd say something. . .even if it's already been brought to attention.

Last edited:
Years
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I have beat the second boss and I cannot wait until the next part! Their are a few issues I had though. One was before I went to face the second boss, I was by Oak's place and it tried to go to the cut seen in the past where the kids are talking toe Leon and then it freezes. Another was some of the corrupt pokemon, I entered battle and it automatically said I won without even showing the pokemon.

Last but not least, can some one email me for the update?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Is there any documentation that tells where Pokemon are located and what items they drop? That'd be pretty useful. And are types in the Refining screen that have no buttons just not implemented yet?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Anddddd we're back. I have Super Pokemon Eevee Edition episodes scheduled every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the next two weeks. The rest will be going on the same schedule in the weeks afterward, once I get them recorded, rendered, or whatever else needs to be done for them :D

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
sorry to ask but you said the next beta would be done by late july and it's august so hows the beta coming along.
He's probably busy with real life, you do know he's doing this for fun right?

I wouldn't worry to much unless we still haven't heard from him until 2015, in that case I would probably be worried if he abandoned the game or died.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
He's probably busy with real life, you do know he's doing this for fun right?

I wouldn't worry to much unless we still haven't heard from him until 2015, in that case I would probably be worried if he abandoned the game or died.

what is this real life you speak I've never heard of it.
in all seriousness i was just wondering and i check this thread daily so i just wanted to know but you are right

man i remember when this thread used to have tons of people here and now it's abandoned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
So minor progress update.
-I've finally finished up the shiny system, a huge timesink that was.
-Soul Challenge is in (meaning you can get a second johto starter)
-Flying and Rock refining added (should really add a refining tutorial)
-Chapter 4 is being changed slightly.
-Reworking of the trainer exp/$$ bonuses

Progress has been quite slow, due to work and life. And although deadlines make me weary, I hope to have 0.74 out sometime before November.

Chapter 5 is in a state of half complete. the events are there, but playing through it, it just doesn't have the same polish as the rest of the game. Silph co. in particular is pretty bad. Doesn't really resemble the building-dungeons of normal pokemon games, and is too linear. So im working on redoing that.

Shiny System
So you probably know how shiny pokemon work in real pokemon games, you encounter a shiny, you catch it.

In SPEE, every time you enter a battle, there's a chance it'll be a shiny Pokemon.
But as you may know, you can't catch nomal Pokemon in SPEE.

But if you use the Pokedex on a shiny Pokemon, you can "extract" it's shiny data. Rendering it back into a normal pokemon.
You can then go to Oak and apply the shiny data on one of your Pokemon, turning them shiny. (the only requirement being that it's a fully evolved pokemon)
I've also redone most of the shiny pallets, so that the differences are noticeable.

Here's some of the shiny pokemon sprites:
(old image, but gets the point across)

Sz0K7I2.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2014
It's awesome that you're still keeping up with this despite being so busy with work and life in general. I can't wait to play the next chapter in the game, I remember playing this a while back and was excited addicted to the game. The story is pretty badass and the gameplay is very immersive. I love the idea of extracting shiny traits and being able to apply it to any Pokemon you want. Keep up the great work man and know that we appreciate the work you're putting into this. Hope all is well and thanks again!

Back