• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I'm definitely glad to hear about the minor progress made so far, it is understandable that you are busy with IRL right now, so personally I am very satisfied to know that some progress has been made.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • It's awesome that you're still keeping up with this despite being so busy with work and life in general. I can't wait to play the next chapter in the game, I remember playing this a while back and was excited addicted to the game. The story is pretty badass and the gameplay is very immersive. I love the idea of extracting shiny traits and being able to apply it to any Pokemon you want. Keep up the great work man and know that we appreciate the work you're putting into this. Hope all is well and thanks again!
    Thanks! Can't wait to show you guys (especially people who havent played 0.6) where the story goes from here.

I'm definitely glad to hear about the minor progress made so far, it is understandable that you are busy with IRL right now, so personally I am very satisfied to know that some progress has been made.
    Yeah, I'm gonna try posting as much updates as possible, even if it's miniscule- just so you guys know i'm still working on it.

Speaking of which....

---- -------- --------------- ----------------

Berry Patch
    This is a new area, called the Berry Patch. It's directly north of Ferreus Town, and it's where the Berry Master now lives. I made it, partially because I wanted to do some mapping, but also because I felt chapter 4 was too short, so now you'll have to gather berries for the Berry Master so she can make medicine.... OR you can pay her $2000 and she'll give you a bottle she prepared earlier. Your choice :)

I haven't really decided which Pokémon you'll find here, but it'll likely be berry themed.

oKrK7ok.png

DivineCorruption

Lord of Corruption
    Years
  • Holy crap I'm gonna love this game. I'm replaying FF III and IV for DS right now.
    Except I'm hacking a little on III because I hate the giant rat for making my units all turn into magic units for that short while. HATED it.
    I hope my OP FF skills will help me ;)
    I would love this game if mobile allowed me to play it lol

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Holy crap I'm gonna love this game. I'm replaying FF III and IV for DS right now.
    Except I'm hacking a little on III because I hate the giant rat for making my units all turn into magic units for that short while. HATED it.
    I hope my OP FF skills will help me :)
    I would love this game if mobile allowed me to play it lol
    I haven't played FF3 recently, but I think there's enough similar mechanics that you'll feel right at home. Unfortunately the engine im using is windows only, a mobile version of SPEE is something that would be extremely cool, but extremely unlikely unless i remake the entire game.

...Cherubi?
    The Berry Master makes medicine out of squished Cherubis? D:

Lovely update, by the way! ^^
    Oh that turned dark, I like it >:D

You could also have pokemon who really enjoy berries lol
    Yep! but then again, what pokemon doesn't like berries?

The problem I see with Cherubi is the whole, it's Gen IV. Maybe Shuckle due to the Berry Juice thing that it does.
    Yeah, cherubi is ruled out due to being 4th gen (even though i kinda bend that rule when it comes to certain gen4 evolutions)

Shuckle is a definite yes.

You know what, I'm thinking Shunckle, Roselia, Sunflora, ...... and there needs to be a corrupted pokemon, which might be a certain Gen1 starter pokemon ;) You'll need pickaxe to reach that corrupted pokemon, but wait! you're gonna get a pickaxe in chapter 5 so yay!

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Hello, pickaxe!

XYoLbyv.png

Works similar to the Axe, except you may or may not have noticed the coloured bar underneath the rock picture. This is a new mechanic im adding to both the axe and pickaxe.

The red icon will move on the bar and you must press enter to make it stop. Depending on the colour it stops at the faster you'll break the rock. Hitting on green will smash the rock(or chop the tree) instantly, while yellow will require 3 hits and grey, 7 hits.

But it also serves a secondary purpose. If you land on the yellow or green sections, you'll get items.
    For the axe:
    Yellow = 1 sawdust
    Green = 3 sawdust

For the pickaxe:
    Yellow = pebble
    Green = iron ore

These items can be used in some sidequests or refined into more useful items. In any case, this adds a little bit more depth to a fairly mundane thing.

Years
  • DarkDoom please, as soon as you can reply to my message left here a while ago. Its the message #1848 in the page 74, and I really want a reply from you about the issue I report you there.

About the new stuff, well there is nothing i can say that hasn't already been said. Awesome stuff everywhere. In that picture you posted right above me, you smashed that rock so hard it transformed your espeon onto a umbreon.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • ^^ Ah! yes, i must've overlooked that comment.

It may be me, but I feel like the game can become too easy for 2 factors that you may consider changing: Too many powerful items and too much cash.

Agreed. I've reduced the amount of rarer items you get. Too much cash should be taken care of now that ive rebalanced the trainer battle bonuses which is often why people got lots of money.

I think the berries regenerate way too quickly and some have big healing abilities.

Agreed, i've toned down the berry regenerate rate. I've left their healing power intact for now. because, berries heal 100HP right now, and frankly, healing anything less than that would feel like a waste of a turn in a battle.

Items are maybe too common as well, tho there aren't an enormous amount, some of them are too powerful for the story-time you find them. What I mean with this is that you usually find pretty powerful items like revives (phoenix-type items) and super-hyper potions alike at the very beggining of the game, and while I know the mechanics of the game may make this logical based of the high amount of HP the pokemon have, it still looks like too much for me. I believe some items need a nerf, specially the healing items and even more so, berries. About the cash, well I am usually able to buy al the houses avaliable and 99 ethers plus 99 potions and go with that for the entire game while only keeping a few phoenixes and selling the rest of the stuff besides some super powerful items that heal or revive everything instantly (Which I think should be extremely rare, like 1-2 avaliable in the entire game).

Very good point about stuff like potions/ethers being too cheap. It's a hard thing to balance tbh, since I want it to be easy to buy in the early game, but then by the midgame, you can easily carry too much. I think the answer might lie in there being more expensive stuff to buy. In any case i'm gonna go increase the price of the items.

Lastly, about the ManMan, it should only provide junk. Making it able to find powerful potions and power-ups (HP up, attack up, etc) seems overpowered for me even if it takes a while. I think it could provide more junk and more often, but only that, specially since you can craft the power-ups and such by using such junk, and that will encourage people to use the refine system. Otherwise it should be extremely more expensive to buy it from the guy, 399$ is too cheap for what it does now, even 500$ is.

That is a good idea, manman only giving junk items is something I like. I want to keep manman cheap so players who don't know what it does will buy it. Increasing the price too much makes the barrier of entry too high for such a relatively useful item.

Years
  • I've left their healing power intact for now. because, berries heal 100HP right now, and frankly, healing anything less than that would feel like a waste of a turn in a battle.

The normal berry is fine. I mean ones like that one that heals 1000 HP and 300 PP, or ones that work like a revive, etc. Those need to be rarer, or achievable with work. Maybe an idea could be that you can only get normal berries from trees, but with an specific method you can get better berries out of them.

For example, you get a normal berry, you fertilize it, you get Berry Pots, you water it, you plant it, you wait until it grows and you get better berries out of it; something like in HeartGold/SoulSilver (even though there you dont get better berries, but more berries like the one you planted instead). I'd have this rather than planting them on the floor, because barely anybody likes backtracking.

It'd take work and cash, but the berries gotten from that would be handy as they are now, or even better. The stuff you need (fertilizer, the pots and a small watering can) could be achieved like this: In the berry patch, the new area you created, after you complete the main mission that has to be there, the master could sell you the pots, the watering can and give you some fertilizer for free for having bought those items. After that you could buy more fertilizer from that guy for a cheap price so its worth going there and doing the planting process. Remember buying a lot of potions and ethers can be simpler. You probably could have maximum 4 pots planted at once as in HG/SS.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • What could be really cool, continuing with ‎DonRichardo's comment, you could have something like a berry planter in your home; possibly something like the flower pots but without those plants, and then you can plant certain mixes of berries to produce a hybrid or something along those lines to give the home system more usability and add another function to it.

You could also have a long troth like window box thing in the house that would limit the amount of berries, maybe 4 like ‎DonRichardo mentioned, and depending on what ones are planted, certain berries would also grow due to the cross pollination.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • U mean like mutations like in x and y? That would be cool in your houses that say u wouldnt have to go to individual spots. I cant wait to see the new update i think dark doom is working like crazy trying to get this finshed this is prob one of the best games ive seen so i cant wait till its done the storyline alone is invigorating!

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Portus City is here.
    HRobkuC.png

If you've played 0.6, then it'll be familiar. With the exception of the Gym being missing. (Moved to chapter 6, because i've removed the desert warping sequence because it was really filler-ish).

Silph co is the tall building, where you can take a tour to get a ferry pass. You'll run into both Silver and Crystal who are also taking the tour. Unfortunately, while on the tour team rocket decides to try take over Silph Co. which will lead to some trouble.

I'm in the process of making "Crisis" events during Team Rocket takeovers. In which there will be a main task (ie; reach top floor of silph co) and a bunch of optional tasks (clear out team rocket members on each floor, save hostages, disarm bombs, encrypt sensitive data). You can just go to the main task if you want, but if you do optional tasks you'll be better rewarded at the end of the crisis event. If you have allies (ie; Silver and Crystal), you'll be able to send them to do specific tasks, cetain tasks are better suited for certain allies.

This is all still in my head, but sounds good on paper, If it works good, I'm gonna be reusing the mechanic. Likely for stuff like the Magnus City takeover in chapter 3. And later in the game, where you'll have lots of allies such as silver, crystal, oak, elm, cid, and....
    Spoiler:

---

I love the new mechanic as well as the actual action of cutting/breaking obstacles, it's a lot more fun than having it just happen.
    Yeah, definitely, I wanted there to be a little mental exercise when using the axe/pick. Plus now theres some nice depth. I actually want to add a full mining system, so that using the pickaxe in different caves grants different ores, and you can smelt them into different metals and so on to get better armour.

The gameplay looks really good and the game makes the gen 2 graphics feel better.
    Thanks!

The normal berry is fine. I mean ones like that one that heals 1000 HP and 300 PP, or ones that work like a revive, etc. Those need to be rarer, or achievable with work. Maybe an idea could be that you can only get normal berries from trees, but with an specific method you can get better berries out of them.

For example, you get a normal berry, you fertilize it, you get Berry Pots, you water it, you plant it, you wait until it grows and you get better berries out of it; something like in HeartGold/SoulSilver (even though there you dont get better berries, but more berries like the one you planted instead). I'd have this rather than planting them on the floor, because barely anybody likes backtracking.

It'd take work and cash, but the berries gotten from that would be handy as they are now, or even better. The stuff you need (fertilizer, the pots and a small watering can) could be achieved like this: In the berry patch, the new area you created, after you complete the main mission that has to be there, the master could sell you the pots, the watering can and give you some fertilizer for free for having bought those items. After that you could buy more fertilizer from that guy for a cheap price so its worth going there and doing the planting process. Remember buying a lot of potions and ethers can be simpler. You probably could have maximum 4 pots planted at once as in HG/SS.

What could be really cool, continuing with ‎DonRichardo's comment, you could have something like a berry planter in your home; possibly something like the flower pots but without those plants, and then you can plant certain mixes of berries to produce a hybrid or something along those lines to give the home system more usability and add another function to it.

You could also have a long troth like window box thing in the house that would limit the amount of berries, maybe 4 like ‎DonRichardo mentioned, and depending on what ones are planted, certain berries would also grow due to the cross pollination.

U mean like mutations like in x and y? That would be cool in your houses that say u wouldnt have to go to individual spots. I cant wait to see the new update i think dark doom is working like crazy trying to get this finshed this is prob one of the best games ive seen so i cant wait till its done the storyline alone is invigorating!

Great ideas, the berry master's current functionality will be allowing you to grind berries into berry juice which you can then refine into rare candies. But it's definitely gonna be expanded in later versions.

I do like the idea of only getting weaker berries from berry trees, but being able to get stronger ones by using something special. Berry pots in the house would be pretty cool too.

So possibilities (for 0.75)
    -Harvest: berry master will basically pull berries from every berry tree in the region and instantly give them to you in bulk.
    -Juice: turn berries into berry juice
    -Buy Pots: Can buy berry pots to put in your room, can grow berries using an intial berry as a seed. usual payout will be 2-3 berries, but with fertiliser, you can get more, or sometimes even get powerful berries and such.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I like the revised map, good work
    As for the berries, what exactly do you mean seeds? is there a special process and a separate item altogether? or did you just mean plant berries?

And what do you mean exactly by "harvest" it sounds pretty intense, so I doubt it would be something you could do willy nilly, but on the other hand I suppose it makes things easier

I also love the idea of the mining thing, but you'd need to add a whole new mechanic to the game, blacksmithing, and it would be lame to only be able to create new items and not improve others. Going with that, you could add a village or a settlement of some kind to that ore mine area where you can become a blacksmith apprentice or something.

Regardless this is becoming pretty amazing, and very intense; I've got so much hype for this now.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Portus City Revised is awesome and ya I really like that idea and its good its a possibility cant wait for .75!!!!

Years
  • Great ideas, the berry master's current functionality will be allowing you to grind berries into berry juice which you can then refine into rare candies. But it's definitely gonna be expanded in later versions.

I do like the idea of only getting weaker berries from berry trees, but being able to get stronger ones by using something special. Berry pots in the house would be pretty cool too.

So possibilities (for 0.75)
    -Harvest: berry master will basically pull berries from every berry tree in the region and instantly give them to you in bulk.
    -Juice: turn berries into berry juice
    -Buy Pots: Can buy berry pots to put in your room, can grow berries using an intial berry as a seed. usual payout will be 2-3 berries, but with fertiliser, you can get more, or sometimes even get powerful berries and such.

I'd definitely implement 2nd and 3rd possibilities (the 1st looks very lazy even tho it could be very expensive). About the Berry Juice, an idea i have in my mind right now is that, as there are different berries, there should be different berry juices that can be made with them; and each of them will have an unique effect. Think about it with the same perspective of the refining method, you can use simple berries to make a decent berry juice, or you can work out some rare powerful berries and make a really powerful Berry juice.

A possible formula for weak berries could be:

3*Any Healing Berry = Berry juice that heals up to:
    • Ω*2.5+(Ω/60)*Φ HP
    • Δ*2.5+(Δ/10)*(Φ/7.5) PP

Variables:

• Ω = Amount of health that the used Berry recovers by itself.
    • Δ = Amount of PP that the used Berry recovers by itself.
    • Φ = This variable will be calculated based on how well you elaborated the juice (explained later on).
    With this ecuation , Φ has to be 30 or bigger so the berry juice isnt worse than the 3 berries altogether.

Example ->

Ω = 300
    Δ = 25
    Φ = 70

Ω*2.5+(Ω/60)*Φ -> 300*2.5+(300/60)*70 = 1100

Δ*2.5+(Δ/10)*(Φ/7.5) -> 25*2.5+(25/10)*(70/7.5) = 85.8 = 86

The Berry Juice would heal up to 1100 HP and 86 PP, the three berries altogether would have healed 900 HP and 75 PP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For status berries could be:

3* Any status Healing Berry = Berry juice that removes your negative status and gives you immunity to said status for Φ/2 seconds once drunk. This applies as well to multiple-status healing berries (would give immunity to any status they can cure for Φ/2 seconds).
    Φ = This variable will be calculated based on how well you elaborated the juice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A possible formula for strong berries could be:

2* Any Berry = Berry juice that heals up to:

• Ω*1.5+(Ω/75)*Φ HP
    • Δ*1.5+(Δ/10)*(Φ/8) PP
    • Regeneration for up to Φ/10 seconds (Φ/3 per second)

Variables:

• Δ = Amount of PP that the used Berry recovers by itself.
    • Φ = This variable would be calculated based on how well you elaborated the juice.
    With this ecuation , Φ has to be 38 or bigger so the berry juice isnt worse than the 2 berries altogether.

Example ->

Ω = 1500
    Δ = 200
    Φ = 90

Ω*1.5+(Ω/75)*Φ -> 1500*1.5+(1500/75)*90 = 4050

Δ*1.5+(Δ/10)*(Φ/8) -> 200*1.5+(200/10)*(90/8) = 535

Regeneration for up to 90/10 seconds of 90/3 HP per second = 30 HP per second for 9 seconds (270 HP can be regened at max)

The Berry Juice would heal up to 4050 HP and 535 PP, the two berries altogether would have healed 3000 HP and 400 PP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For even stronger berries the effects could vary. For example for berries that can revive a pokemon , the berry juice made out of two of them could be like this:

• Ω+(Ω*Φ/100) HP

Variables:

• Φ = This variant would be calculated based on how well you elaborated the juice.

Example ->

Ω = 347
    Φ = 85

Ω+(Ω*Φ/100) -> 347+(347*85/100) = 641,95 = 642

The Berry juice would revive the pokemon and leave it with 642 HP (Out of 694 total HP that pokemon has, ~92,5% total HP).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other different berries can be posted to discuss the posible outcome if this idea can be accomplished in the future.

Φ Explanation:

Φ Is a variable that explains how well you made your juice. You know that picture that showed how with the pickaxe and the axe you can get more stuff and cut/pick faster depending on how closer you would get to the green part with that new mechanic? Here it'd be something similar but being more detailed. Making Berry juice should be like a minigame (I'll leave the posible mechanic for DarkDoom) from where you'd get Φ depending on how well you completed the minigame (Similar to how you make pokeblocks on Pokemon Emerald). The player could read diferent strings of text depending on how high the Φ is. Since Φ can have any value between 0 and 100, 5 strings of text, one for every 20 values sounds good for me (0-19,20-39,...,80-100). Similar to how the value of a pokemon's friendship can usually be known in most pokemon games, by talking to a NCP who will just say one string of text based on the value of your pokemon friendship (0-255). Possible strings could be ("This juice looks too good to be real") for 100-80 or ("Is that one hair on the juice?...") for 0-19. Gold's expresion should help realizing how good/bad it is. The difference between Weak and Strong berries can probably be a threshold of 1000 HP being healed, i'll leave that to DarkDoom. And the names to difference the different berry juices could be extracted from the original berries that were used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God what a wall of text i just wrote... Another thing i came up with is the fact that you find money when beating wild pokemon. It just looks really odd and i think a decent way to change this could be that all pokemon will drop one specific junk item that could be sellable to markets for like 2$ each or so, not sure what junk could be but would definitely make more sense than suddenly finding money. Stronger pokemon could drop bigger amounts of these junk, or a better one which you can sell for more cash.

I'll post another wall of text soon about my ideas on the berry pots (what i wrote about it a few posts ago was just a very small idea to get some feedback).

Last edited:
    Back