• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Split or Steal

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pretty much there's this contest on the radio station I listen to and they ask callers to ring them up and decide whether they'll split money with another caller, or steal it all from them. In other words, if they offer $1000, the caller has the choice to split with the other caller, thus both getting $500, or take the money and run.

So if you were placed in that situation, would you split the money, or steal it? Why, or why not?

Years
    That...sounds incredibly dodgy for a radio station to do, but I digress.

There is something that always bothers me in circumstances like that and it happens to be my conscience. If I received that much money and had the option to split it with somebody else, I couldn't very well refuse and just take the whole pot, because I also like to make others around me happy as well.

So sure, I'd split the money.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Split. If the other caller steals, I don't want the money anymore anyway. It's dirty after that.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'm not sure. I think it would depend on how much I needed the money at that point. I really can't say.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    And there's no penalty for choosing to "steal" it? :/ I'd probably go for the $1k unless if both of us said "steal", we'd both lose the chance to get any money. And even then I'd probably still do it, expecting the other person to do the same. u_u;;

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I assume the person you have the choice to split it with is anonymous? If so, why would I give half of my potential winnings to some stranger? I would definitely "steal" the money. Odds are I wouldn't like that person anyway, they'd probably waste it. At least if I have it then I know it's going to be spent well. If by some crazy miracle I do feel guilty afterwards, I could donate half to a charity or something, then at least I know that the other half is going to a good cause.

If I knew who I'd be splitting with, and it was someone who actually needed the money, then I'd split.

Years
    Split. I'd feel incredibly guilty if I robbed someone of potential money, even if they're not entitled to it or anything. ._.; I guess I have too much of a conscious for my own good.

Ah, well, $500 hassle-free money would be awesome, even if it's only half of what I could've had. Man I wish I had $500 D:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Hmm

Split. I wouldn't take the risk, since steal implies it would be illegal. Though, I find no reason to share with an anonymous stranger. (I'd totally share with a friend though.)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Steal. I don't feel guilt from "stealing" money from a complete stranger on a radio station.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Definitely I would steal it because then I would have more money and that is better than having less money, you see?

Although I would not call it stealing because it is not really stealing.

Years
    Well i would split it, i'd problly get a tounge lashing off my friends but i dont need $500 so i defiantly don't need $1000 so i might as well do the decent thing and split it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I assume the person you have the choice to split it with is anonymous? If so, why would I give half of my potential winnings to some stranger? I would definitely "steal" the money. Odds are I wouldn't like that person anyway, they'd probably waste it. At least if I have it then I know it's going to be spent well. If by some crazy miracle I do feel guilty afterwards, I could donate half to a charity or something, then at least I know that the other half is going to a good cause.

If I knew who I'd be splitting with, and it was someone who actually needed the money, then I'd split.
    I agree with Vendak. I think it's silly how someone would choose to split that much money with someone. Most of my life I was in dire need of money and when I had that I felt so much better. Whoever said money can't buy happiness obviously didn't live in poverty.

Back