• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
  • Can English DPPt trade with Japanese HGSS? I heard someone on youtubt say you could, but I wanted to make sure.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    My game froze when I reached the ladder to the top of the Tin tower.. damn it.

Years
  • #249 Lugia

Lugia is the Diving Pokémon and the star Pokémon of Pokémon Soul Silver. As such, the way you discover it in Soul Silver is through obtaining the Silver Feather after beating Team Rocket. With this, when you go to Whirl Islands and get to the bottom, you will encounter Lugia at Level 45.

If you are playing Heart Gold, Lugia is also obtainable at the Whirl Islands, but you need to obtain the Silver Feather from a person in Pewter City. Once you have it, you can go to the bottom of Whirl Islands and Lugia will be there, this time at Level 70.

That'd mean that as long as you have the silver wing you can catch Lugia right?
    But I went all the way down to the spot where it's supposed to be but Lugia isn't there -_-
    Do I need to beat the E4 first or something?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    won the first gym
    got to the mart and got the egg
    then ..
    it froze
    good thing that i saved

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • Any other requirements that I need to fulfill? cause they're not there.
    I dunno, have you beaten all Gyms? You might need to do that. Or maybe you have to talk to Mr Pokemon or Prof Elm. You definitely need to beat the kimono girls, but if they aren't there...
    Maybe you haven't helped them all yet? I think the last one is in the Ice Path.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Any other requirements that I need to fulfill? cause they're not there.
    Once you do that, you can beat the Kimono Girls, catch the Bird that is related to your game (Ho-Oh for Heart Gold and Lugia for Soul Silver) and then beat Claire. The Elite Four should be available now.

Years
  • A couple things:
    1: After saving, exit no$gba. the save isn't written until you exit, so if you save and it glitches, your SoL.
    2: I just noticed something, if your pokemon reaches its evolution level, then faints, it will still evolve, unlike past games where you needed to level it up again to evolve it. Found this out fighting my rival and my mareep fainted, it evolved at the end.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It seems as though Crasher Wake shall be found in the Celadon Department Store, and when talking to him he gives you a few Sinnoh Starter Accessories. It doesn't appear that any confirmation of Pokémon Contests will be in, so I'm assuming that the Accessory Case is for the Pokéthelon and possibly other needed areas.

[SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Also to note, Serebii has stated that once defeating Red upon Mt. Silver, then Gym Leaders should sometimes be found missing from their Gym[which we know]. It has been followed through and this seems to be the pattern in how rematches between them shall be set up.

First, it is known that after battling they shall be registered into your PokéGear Contact List. Later on along the game when the rematch is ready, they shall call upon you. However, they will not be found in their designated Gym, but more so around the Johto and Kanto region. Now, not all Gym Leaders has been followed up as yet, but more insight should come later along the lines.

Whitney - Goldenrod Dept. Store 6th Floor (Saturdays)
    Pryce - Lake of Rage (Saturday Mornings)
    Clair - Dragon's Den Saturday
    Morty - Outside Tin Tower (Monday)
    Bugsy - Viridian Forest (Thursday Daytime)
    Jasmine - Olivine City Diner (Afternoons)
    Blaine - Cinnabar Island (Tuesday Morning)
    Misty - Route 25 (Evenings)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • A couple things:
    1: After saving, exit no$gba. the save isn't written until you exit, so if you save and it glitches, your SoL.
    2: I just noticed something, if your pokemon reaches its evolution level, then faints, it will still evolve, unlike past games where you needed to level it up again to evolve it. Found this out fighting my rival and my mareep fainted, it evolved at the end.

It seems as though Crasher Wake shall be found in the Celadon Department Store, and when talking to him he gives you a few Sinnoh Starter Accessories. It doesn't appear that any confirmation of Pokémon Contests will be in, so I'm assuming that the Accessory Case is for the Pokéthelon and possibly other needed areas.

[SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Also to note, Serebii has stated that once defeating Red upon Mt. Silver, then Gym Leaders should sometimes be found missing from their Gym[which we know]. It has been followed through and this seems to be the pattern in how rematches between them shall be set up.

First, it is known that after battling they shall be registered into your PokéGear Contact List. Later on along the game when the rematch is ready, they shall call upon you. However, they will not be found in their designated Gym, but more so around the Johto and Kanto region. Now, not all Gym Leaders has been followed up as yet, but more insight should come later along the lines.

Whitney - Goldenrod Dept. Store 6th Floor (Saturdays)
    Pryce - Lake of Rage (Saturday Mornings)
    Clair - Dragon's Den Saturday
    Morty - Outside Tin Tower (Monday)
    Bugsy - Viridian Forest (Thursday Daytime)
    Jasmine - Olivine City Diner (Afternoons)
    Blaine - Cinnabar Island (Tuesday Morning)
    Misty - Route 25 (Evenings)
    Both really awesome finds. I'm sure that they made the Gym leaders available on different days so that people don't spam the rematches. Kinda like the battle resort in Platinum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back