• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Rate my Indigo Disk Team please! :)

Years
  • Hi everyone, I've seen the preview of the Indigo Disk DLC and now I'm very excited for the new DLC. I love how your opponents team will doubles, level 70+, and using competitive strategies. I'm going to be using my shiny Decidueye in the team that I shiny hunted for months in Violet, and I know that he isn't the best Pokemon, but I really want to use him. Please don't ask to swap him out. 😀 Here's my team for the Indigo disk, and could you guys rate it please?

Alolan Decidueye ★♂ (nickname: Peppermint) @Choice Band
    Ability: Long Reach
    Tera Type: Dark
    Adamant Nature
    EVS: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 SPD
    -Shadow Sneak
    -U-Turn
    -Brave Bird
    -Leaf Blade

Talonflame @Charcoal
    Ability: Gale Winds
    Tera Type: Fire
    Jolly Nature
    -Roost
    -Will o Wisp
    -Flare Blitz
    -Tailwind

Sylveon ★♂ (nickname: Blueberry) @Throat Spray
    Ability: Pixilate
    Tera Type: Fairy
    Modest Nature
    EVS: 252 HP/ 252 SPA/ 4 SPD
    -Hyper Voice
    -Reflect
    -Psyshock
    -Helping Hand

Revavroom @Air Balloon
    Ability: Filter
    Tera Type: Flying
    Adamant Nature
    -Shift Gears
    -Iron Head
    -Poison Jab
    -Toxic

Milotic @Flame Orb
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Tera Type: Fairy
    Bold Nature
    EVS: 252 DEF/ 252 HP/ 4 SPA
    -Recover
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Life Dew

Krookodile @Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    Tera Type: Dark
    Adamant Nature
    EVS: 252 ATK/ 252 HP/ 4 DEF
    -Stomping Tantrum
    -Crunch
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rock Slide

What do you think? Are there any suggestions for changes of my team? Thank you. 😊

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Is not much for rating. Some suggestions, though:

1. A sixth Pokemon. For obvious reasons. Maybe Krookodile? Brings Ground for Electric types. Nullifies Psychic and resists Dark, neither of which this team resists. Also has Intimidate. One downside: another Ice weakness (the third one, or fourth with Terastallized Revavroom). Alternatively, (Unovan) Zoroark?
    2. Maybe Shadow Sneak over Spirit Shackle for Decidueye? Likely appreciates the priority move on a (relatively) slow Pokemon.
    3. Sylveon as Modest over Adamant. Presumes that to be a copy/paste error.
    4. Maybe Psyshock over Psychic for Sylveon? Helps if it runs into a Blissey or similar special wall.
    5. Maybe Throat Spray over Fairy Wing for Sylveon? Generally wants to Hyper Voice. (Depends if you regularly intend to Light Screen to help Revavroom set up or something, though.) Sacrifices a little Turn 1 damage for a considerable Turn 2 benefit.
    6. Iron Head over Spin Out for Revavroom. Combines the speed boost of Shift Gear with the flinch chance. Does not continually ping-pong its Speed either.
    7. Air Balloon over Leftovers for Revavroom. Negates the double-weakness, at least for a while. Alternatively, Clear Amulet for Intimidate protection or a Lum Berry for status protection (while setting up). Likes Leftovers, but maybe not on Revavroom. Perhaps Goodra instead?
    8. Sap Sipper for Goodra over Hydration. Grants it Grass immunity. Already resists Grass hard, team-wise. Includes Spore and Sleep Powder protection, however.
    9. Ice Beam over Stomping Tantrum for Goodra. Geared Goodra towards Special. Should use Special moves, particularly with a -Attack nature, despite Goodra's good Attack stat.
    10. Dragon Pulse over Focus Blast for Goodra. Possibly more of a personal preference. Ought to have a same-type move on it, though.
    11. Hitpoint EVs instead of Special Defense EVs for Goodra. Actually takes less special damage with Hitpoint EVs, percentage-wise, because of diminishing returns on defenses. Helps on the physical side too.

Some positives:
    - 3 physical attackers and 2 special attackers. Likes the balance.
    - Sees a defensive resistance/immunity for most types and no huge team weaknesses.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • So the DLC has been said to be mainly doubles team format, so you might want to plan your moves/strategies based on that knowledge.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Your team is pretty good. Devalue made some good suggestions for you. However, certain aspects of your team are questionable, namely your move selection and Tera Type choices.

• Beginning with Decidueye, I don't understand why you picked a Dark Tera Type. If you chose it to defend against Ghost and Dark-type moves, don't worry too much about it. If you run into a bad matchup, simply switch Decidueye to another Pokémon that can resist them both, such as your Krookidile. I would recommend a Ghost Tera Type for Decidueye instead of Dark, and I also recommend that you replace Brave Bird with its signature move Spirit Shackle. Not only is Spirit Shackle strong and grants STAB, but you can prevent your opponent from switching, which is great if they have a bad matchup. A Ghost Tera Type would also grant more power for your priority Shadow Sneak.

• For Talonflame, I find it interesting that you're using a bulky Talonflame. However, the Nature for a bulky Talonflame being Jolly is weird. I would recommend an Adamant Nature instead so that Talonflame can hit hard if you want to keep it bulky. I personally don't think it is a good idea because Talonflame isn't inherently bulky. For that reason alone, I find it pointless to give it Roost, as it is not meant to be a Pokémon that survives long battles. Talonflame is good for setting Tailwind and attacking quickly to deal damage. Either way, as long as your health is full, your Flying-type moves have priority. Therefore, it is wiser to give Talonflame Brave Bird instead of Decidueye to deal massive damage. Depending on which build you want, I would recommend replacing either Roost or Will-o-Wisp.

• Everything about Sylveon seems good, but I don't understand why it has Reflect. I would recommend that you replace it with Shadow Ball to grant it more coverage.

• I don't see any issues with Milotic at all. Good job.

• Krookidile is also good, but I am curious about why you choose Stomping Tantrum. With 75 base power, it is a decent go-to move in a play-through, but when you're facing strong opponents and/or playing competitively, you want something stronger. I am assuming you didn't choose Earthquake because you're playing Doubles. If this is the case, well, you have Revavroom with an Air Balloon and a Talonflame that you can switch to when using Earthquake. If you don't want to do that, then you can use High Horsepower, which is stronger than Stomping Tantrum at 95 base power and only hits one target. I also don't understand why it is bulky. Krook has no bulk. If anything, it is a physical sweeper. It should be wanting to attack first. If you do decide to go that route, I would recommend that it hold a Focus Sash instead of a Life Orb.

• As for Revavroom, I see no issues with it as well other than the fact you're making it bulky. If anything, this Pokémon should be attacking fast as well.

Other than that, the team isn't bad at all. Good luck with your battles!

Back