• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I actually like those starter evos.

Pennywise looks great

as Does assassin owl.

A panther is also pretty good.

And the typing do not come from the starter page, from what I've read that's a misconception.

There from a link from the starter page,it pairs all typings. Image 7 was for a type but was removed.

I'm also going to make a crazy prediction and say image 7 will be linked to cosmic type. the lion is giving me serious Xernas and fairy vibes...

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    I wouldn't mind if Popplio turned out to be Water / Fighting, but it definitely isn't my first choice. I'd much rather see him become Water / Fairy or even just pure Water. I feel like he'll just get compared to Keldeo if he becomes another special attacking Water / Fighting type...

As for the other two, I'm really hoping Rowlet stays Grass / Flying. Yeah, it's not the best typing, but it's pretty unique. We don't have too many Grass / Flying types, plus I just don't see him becoming Grass / Ground at all. It wouldn't make sense for Game Freak to change his typing like that. And I'll be very disappointed if Litten becomes Fire / Ground. Seriously, he looks like he'd become Fire / Dark or Fire / Poison, not part Ground. Also, if Game Freak goes the Gen 6 route with these starters, Ground type just doesn't make sense on the Fire-type. Having the final evos be Grass / Flying, Fire / Rock, and Water / Fighting would make much more sense if they wanted the starters to be 4x super-effective against eachother.

Also, for the love of Arceus Game Freak, please don't make Popplio look more like a clown!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I actually think making Popplio turn into a full blown clown is a fantastic idea. Game Freak said they like making the final evos look unexpected (see: Samurrot), and emphasizing it being a clown sounds exactly like what they'd do. It's unique and would make it stand out a whole lot more.

It doesn't have to look creepy like the one posted above, but I'd love Popplio if it turns into a clown with features of a seal, rather than the other way around. It's ballsy and unexpected, which I really like.

Last edited:

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    I actually think making Popplio turn into a full blown clown is a fantastic idea. Game Freak said they like making the final evos look unexpected (see: Samurrot), and emphasizing it being a clown sounds exactly like what they'd do. It's unique and would make it stand out a whole lot more.

It doesn't have to look creepy like the one posted above, but I'd love Popplio if it turns into a clown with features of a seal, rather than the other way around. It's ballsy and unexpected, which I really like.
    That's the thing though. For me, I feel like making him a clown would actually be a predictable move, not to mention I don't think a lot people would like that to happen, including myself. For all we know, they could make the whole clown motif look cool, but we'll just have to wait and see what Game Freak ends up doing.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So, I found these, no source, no real claim. Two of them fit the supposed type leak based on design, but other than that there is nothing solid about these. Whom ever did these is talented.

I feel this is the work of Timmy Turner from /vp/. That guy's been known for requesting artists to create fake leaks.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I feel this is the work of Timmy Turner from /vp/. That guy's been known for requesting artists to create fake leaks.

I think he was blamed for it but responded in a thread blaming him like he wasn't involved. Who knows.

Is that coding thing from the site really legit? I mean i can be a place holder of some sort. I really wanted Popplio to become a Psychic type ;_;

I really wanted it to become an Ice type. But the coding has the best chances of being real.

I really hope that these typings are not true... When do we typically get this information officially?

There is no typical. Sometimes we'll get the evolutions early, sometimes we get them right before release. We could also not get any information on the evolutions until after the game releases just to keep it all a surprise for the players and force us to choose based on the beginning form.

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
    Meh I hope these starters can be very useful in competitive play and not being broken like Greninja

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Genuine question though... why does it remind you of a Poison type in any shape or form? I'm really confused about that.

It emphasizes that litten uses slick oils to make flaming hairballs.

Oils attribute to poison for most

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I remain sceptical of the news. There's nothing that indicates these are for the starter evolutions specifically. Assuming they're not just a few extra typings put onto the site, the next Pokemon that will be revealed on the site will be more likely other new Pokemon rather than evolutions (and that's how history has had it happen as well; just look at last gen). They could also apply to the legendaries. I don't see any argument that these have to correspond to starter evolutions. Sure, they're on the Japanese website, but that just means either the next Pokemon to be revealed have those typings, or they're just red herrings.

They may gain such typings, but I think we should be cautious to assume this is proof of anything.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Genuine question though... why does it remind you of a Poison type in any shape or form? I'm really confused about that.

Because cats are vile and poisonous creatures.

I would have loved a poison-type evolution for it though (if the 'leaks' are legit). I guess in terms of good vs evil you tend to assume that poison is on the side of evil, and thus naturally flows with how 'dark' it looks. They could have Litten as Fire, its evolution as Dark/Fire and its final evolution as Poison/Fire. While it was dark it was evil but it was still salvageable. Then... eventually as time went on... the poison in its heart eventually overcame it - making it the ultimate evil.

In case you couldn't tell I'm a dog person.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well this looks real, considering half of other "leaks" have no actual evidence. At least with this one I can go to the pokemon company website and check it out.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
    Years
    If the typings are real, that would be pretty disappointing.

I was really hoping Litten would be Fire/Dark. That would have sealed it as my favorite of the three starters. Still, the only other pure Fire-type starter is Typhlosion, and I would definitely take that over Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock.

Rowlet becoming Grass/Ground is surprising, but could be interesting. I don't really feel one way or the other about it.

Popplio becoming Water/Fighting is fine, but still disappointing. I'm just so tired of Fighting-type starters. I was hoping it would be Water/Fairy. Oh well. If it keeps the clown motif, I'm going to hate it no matter what.

And yeah, I know the types aren't confirmed, but it seems pretty likely to me. I checked them on the site myself, so it's more credible than most of the leaks I see.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    Wow, these types are not what I expected at all. But it's allright. I think it was possible for Popplio to become fighting type, but Litten to become ground type though... That was really unexpected.

And Blue_Mystic_Ranger, Rowlet didn't became Grass/ground?

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
    Years
    Wow, these types are not what I expected at all. But it's allright. I think it was possible for Popplio to become fighting type, but Litten to become ground type though... That was really unexpected.

And Blue_Mystic_Ranger, Rowlet didn't became Grass/ground?
    On the website, the order of the images is: Grass, Flying, Ground, Fire, Water, Fighting.

Maybe Ground is intended for Litten, but the order indicates that it's probably for Rowlet.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Fire/Ground? That's... an interesting typing, considering the "leaks". I never know what to believe online these days. I'm hoping it's false, since Litten's going to be super vulnerable that way. I never believe what I hear anymore when it comes to new games. People produce fake leaks as if it's a factory.

Though, Water/Fighting seems interesting. That's what I wanted out of Dewott, and it never happened.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Are the typings really that big of a deal? I never got outrage over Fire/Fighting either, especially when it's a really fun combination.

Grass/Ground sounds great to me, and since Rowlet is described as being fast, a fast Earthquake user is great to me.

Fire/Ground is a legitimately good type as well. :V 4x weaknesses aren't the end of the world.

Back