• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I don't think it should be ground cause we already have a grass ground starter. It should keep its typing.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't think anybody cares but I have to say this.... I really don't think Water/Fighting is a particularly great typing

I men like, i gues it was okay pre gen6 but really, 5 weaknesses? i mean, grass flying fairy psychic electrc that is really too much. I'd also bring up how water is special and fight is physical but that's more of a trivial matter as I wanted a special water starter.

Fire/Ground is a no as well. Just... how? no i dont get it. all it really does is fill in the gaps as 2 of the other types have ground typings.

but even then, i guess all in all it wouldn't exactly destroy my chances of picking water, tbh. It could be possible that gen7 will give us abysmal fighters, to the point pickin the fighting starter is important. pls don't get me wrong, I don't hate fighters, i actaully really like them. I'm just tired of starters being part fighting, i think its possibly the most common part typing for starts. in all honesty, i'd say the most most suitable dual typing would be water/fairy, or maybe water/ice. But i don't really want fighting

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Have these types actually been confirmed true though? I know it was found through data mining on the official website, but does that necessarily mean that they are the final typing combinations?

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I believe it's going to turn out to be a grass/ground type, I know disappointing, but it makes sense from the native Hawaiian owls are burrowing owls (owls that dig holes) considering the region is based on Hawaii.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    It's clearly going to be a fire/fighting type and Litten will become a grass/dark type!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would be extremely disappointed if Rowlett turns out to be Grass/Ground. Hawaii also has flying owls, but that can't be something to go on.

If Rowlett is grass/ground, then that also means Litten will be Fire/Fighting.... yet again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Would you mind explaining this? I really don't see how....it does seem fairly straightforward to me to have Litten evolve into some tiger/leopard/cougar/panther of some sort, either retaining its Fire typing all the way or going Fire/Dark, by the looks of things.

Because the reason people thinking Rowlet is going to become Ground is because in the icon order, it comes right after Flying. That is the only reason people think it is going to be ground type. Fighting comes right after Fire and there is nothing after Water.

I myself, don't agree with that order. But if people are going to use the logic that Rowlet is going to become Ground because of the order, then the same would be true for Litten. I myself am still holding out for Fire/Poison and Water/Fairy. Even though I wouldn't mind Water/Fighting.

The order of the Icons were in this order Grass, Flying, Ground, Fire, Fighting, and Water.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Because the reason people thinking Rowlet is going to become Ground is because in the icon order, it comes right after Flying. That is the only reason people think it is going to be ground type. Fighting comes right after Fire and there is nothing after Water.

I myself, don't agree with that order. But if people are going to use the logic that Rowlet is going to become Ground because of the order, then the same would be true for Litten. I myself am still holding out for Fire/Poison and Water/Fairy. Even though I wouldn't mind Water/Fighting.

The order of the Icons were in this order Grass, Flying, Ground, Fire, Fighting, and Water.

No, it was Grass, Flying, Ground, Fire, Water, and Fighting

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It should definitely stay Grass/Flying, but I also have a feeling it will end up Grass/Ground. :(

Would it be bad if it happen? Many seems disappointed by this, for me the only thing I don't really like in this is that we already have Torterra with this typing, and there is so many combinations for a starter they never chooses, so why repeat something we already have?
    But if it become Grass/Ground, I wouldn't mind that much :K

Years
  • The thing to know is, aside from Torterra and Numel/Camerupt we have never had another Grass/Ground or Fire/Ground respectively so I wouldn't particularly call it "boring". And if Popplio's final evo is Water/Fighting it'll only be the third time we'll have that combo used, after Poliwrath and Keldeo.

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • Rowlet potentially becoming a Grass/Ground type certainly appeals to me; it's a rare and decent typing, regardless of whether it's "too similar" to Torterra. The possibility of having a speedy Earthquaker as a second evolution starter seems exciting! Perhaps Power Whip too. I'm just theorising whether Rowlet is a speedy physical attacker or not, but just feed her a Yache Berry if you're that worried about a revenge kill.

Years
  • Rowlet potentially becoming a Grass/Ground type certainly appeals to me; it's a rare and decent typing, regardless of whether it's "too similar" to Torterra. The possibility of having a speedy Earthquaker as a second evolution starter seems exciting! Perhaps Power Whip too. I'm just theorising whether Rowlet is a speedy physical attacker or not, but just feed her a Yache Berry if you're that worried about a revenge kill.

One thing to consider is we don't get many fast Ground-types, so it would definitely be a nice shake-up (get it?) to the type if it happens, or if we get a fast Ground-type (even if it's a non-starter) in general. Rowlet looks like it could be a physical attacker given most Flying moves are physical and in most starter trios there's usually one member who uses physical attacks and of this bunch I think Rowlet would look the most like a physical attacker. We still don't know much about its new move Leafage, especially if it's a physical or special move when you consider how Razor Leaf and Magical Leaf are categorized respectively.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The alleged second stages for the starter Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Although they're probably fake I do actually really like all three of them. It would be great if these were real or if the actual second stages turned out to have similar designs.

Years
  • The alleged second stages for the starter Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Although they're probably fake I do actually really like all three of them. It would be great if these were real or if the actual second stages turned out to have similar designs.

They are fake and I hope they are. That Litten and Popplio evolution design I won't like. I'm 50/50 on the Rowlet one though, and I know Game Freak like to surprise us with the final designs anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What I don't like with most of the fake starters is they are not really that original, they are mostly based on the current starters but bigger.

Years
  • What I don't like with most of the fake starters is they are not really that original, they are mostly based on the current starters but bigger.

This is me too, I don't like how fanartists don't seem to put much effort in when designing these Fakemon starter evolutions.

Years
  • http://themodster.tumblr.com/post/144983649011/rowlet-evolution-prediction

So I came across this article, and the user is explaining the final evolution for Rowlet may be based on a prehistoric owl called the Ornimegalonyx, which is related to the burrowing owl, and could explain the supposed Grass/Ground final evolution for Rowlet, while also fitting with the prehistoric theme that Grass-type starters seem to be connected to.

Maybe those leaked "types" could be real after all, with a Grass/Ground final stage for Rowlet, a Water/Fighting final stage for Popplio, and a pure Fire stage for Litten.

Interesting stuff to pick on is if the Popplio evo is Water/Fighting, it'll be our fifth consecutive Fighting-type final evo starter and only the third Water/Fighting Pokemon overall, along with giving us at least part-Fighting starter for each starter type. Grass/Ground is a type combination that's only currently held by one Pokemon (who is coincidentally Torterra, another final evo starter) and we haven't had a pure Fire final evo starter other than Typhlosion.

Back