• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Sports fans

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Excited after Sunday football to talk football, I open PC.

I go to E&M, check out sports thread.

I see no one has posted since I replied few days ago.

My expectations are already so low and yet I'm still disappointed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I dont hate sports, and I understand the passion, strategy, and hype that sports encompass. And the dedication of their fans. But I just dont find watching sports very entertaining. I used to, but not anymore.

But there is one exception: watching sports games in person is a fantastic experience. In my opinion, baseball is very, very boring to watch- except in person. Ive been to a couple MLB (and some minor league) games and they are always fun. Buy a hot dog or two, some peanuts, and a soda and have a good time.

pkmin3033

In my house, "sport" is the single most dirty word in the English language after "exercise"

Just typing them could earn me fifty lashings and a month of nothing but bread and water if my transgression is discovered.

Years

• Because I like watching competitions for things I understand the rules of. And I wasn't ostracized by the jocks while in sports and also wasn't persuaded that all jocks are assholes by popular culture while growing up.

Also for me it's been a great way to bond with family. Meet once a week for 16+ weeks a year to watch the American football team play since a lot of my family I live near are Minnesota Vikings fans, and also occasionally go to baseball games with my grandparents who are huge Minnesota Twins fans.

Also like keeping tabs on teams for the stats they generate. And team management games are engaging things for me.

TL;DR: I'm a huge nerd about sports in addition to cities, anime, and Pokemon. So, basically, I'm competitive and a huge nerd.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Because it's the one thing that brings people together regardless of race, politics, economic standing, age, etc. And then you have things like the Olympics and the World Cup, which bring entire countries together.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I don't really care for any kind of sports, with the only exception being when the Olympics comes around. Then I get to root for Ukrainian gymnasts. UKRAINE!!! :D

The only reason I can tolerate the Olympics besides what was mentioned was that there's a big variety of different stuff to see, and it's not around all the time.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Sports are good, fun, healthy and they also help you to socialize. I really like football: I support a team, I've played it for 7 years in my local team and still play it with my friends, but I also tried some other sports like volleyball.
    One of the best things in this world.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Baseball is awesome, yes baseball is long but I usually enjoy it (mostly) and I wish I could actually play it

They need to implement a pitch clock and shred the number of innings from 9 to 7. Yes, I know that the latter is pretty extreme, but the unfortunate reality is baseball is a dying sport with this generation and shortening a 4-5 hour game should be their priority.

Also divisional playoffs should be best of 3, championship playoffs should be best of 5, and World Series being best of 7.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I will add one thing, dodgeball was awesome in grade school and so was archery in middle school. I miss doing those... At least I have throwing knives. :P

Back