• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • These are the first 2 overworld pixel sprites I've made.

1st one:

Spriters Showcase Thread

2nd one:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Oh, and I tried to use the palettes that are there for overworlds in pokemon fireRed, so people could use them in a hack. (ask permissionn)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • These are the first 2 overworld pixel sprites I've made.

1st one:

Spriters Showcase Thread

2nd one:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Oh, and I tried to use the palettes that are there for overworlds in pokemon fireRed, so people could use them in a hack. (ask permissionn)

you should make a left sideview and diagonal views as well. But I really like how you did them

:t354:TG

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I need some advice! Which of the two sprites below looks better? Obviously I've only just started working on it, so you don't need to tell me that I need to shade it or to put more effort into the face.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The area where the tail/stem connects definitely looks less cluttered in the first sprite, but does it look weird with the pumpkin turned on its side? Does anyone actually have any idea how to shade a pumpkin?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I was wondering if I could get some critique on this, its a redesign of the youngster trainer class.

Spriters Showcase Thread

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Just a few more I'm looking for some critique on so I can improve them.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    The old lady is in an unnaturally spry and wiry pose. She looks like she's in her eighties. Make a pose with that in mind.

The second one has a weird coat; hard to explain without images, but I might blueline it.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • As it was requested of me, I've posted here.

I designed a region for a game I may or may not work on in the future.

Spriters Showcase Thread

There are no routes for a reason.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    As it was requested of me, I've posted here.

I designed a region for a game I may or may not work on in the future.

Spriters Showcase Thread

There are no routes for a reason.

It looks nice, but without the routes it just feels empty. Are there supposed to be no routes ever or are they just not added yet.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • As my game (if I ever make it) will have a different system then the classic routes, which is why there are no routes on there.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    As my game (if I ever make it) will have a different system then the classic routes, which is why there are no routes on there.

Well it still looks empty, perhaps you could come up with a custom style that takes advantage of your no route system.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    I'd recommend dithering, adding lakes/mountains, and adding little doodles (say, a compass rose or a skull and crossbones in treacherous water) to make it look less empty.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I've recently been getting into scratch spriting, and I've been getting better and better. Here's a recent one that I made for a fangame.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Yes, I know that a few little parts of it have anatomy and shading...oddities, but I am as of yet not quite thatt experienced in scratching yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back