• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites served with Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    I think it could use a little more anti-aliasing. And some of the lines are a little too dark in color, imo. I have to really look at it to tell they aren't black.

And I every time I look at it, I think of Huntail. xD
    I think of huntail when i see the old version xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • WOW! The finished ones look great!
    Eelock_by_Superjub.png
    <---- This one looks a bit weird xD
    I agree about the wierd one. It's terrible. XD
    And thanks. :)

I think it could use a little more anti-aliasing. And some of the lines are a little too dark in color, imo. I have to really look at it to tell they aren't black.

And I every time I look at it, I think of Huntail. xD

I suck at anti-aliasing, but I'll try.

...Huntail? D: It's probably the scale thing thats stuck on its head. Apart from that, amd the fact they're both kinda based on eels and are blue, there aren't that many similarities. :P

Okay, somehow some of the colours got messed up (yes, I saved it as a .png file. XD) While fixing it up, I added some (rubbish) anti-aliasing on the stripe across its body. Not only did the colours got messed up, they went down in hue (that's why they're so dark.) I aso chanegd the shiny's colour.
    So, I reintroduce Eelock.

Eelock
    Water/Electric
    "When confronted, it shocks the foe with electricity from its tail. At night, the stripe across its body glows brightly."

Evolves from Babeel at level 30.

Fun fact: Babeel and its evolutions were originally intended to evolve twice, and to be a starter.

----------
    I have been working on a legendary similar to Jirachi/Mew/Celebi etc. here's what I've come up with so far:

It's still WIP, and I'm not happy with its right (to us, left) hand.
    Also, it's meant to be small. ;D

Edit:
    Soleste
    Psychic
    "Despite its small stature, this Pokemon is able to harness the power of space."

I guess it is like Celebi and Dialga, how they are similar (both utilise time), but in different ways, so I guess Soleste has this type of relationship with Palkia (doesn't control space, but uses it).

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • An animated version of the new Eelock. I know in some frames that the tail needs to be longer, but I'll fix that later.
    eelock_by_superjub-d3cffbv.gif

Years
  • The animation looks decent, but I think it would look better if you moved its body as well consider its weight and everything.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The animation looks decent, but I think it would look better if you moved its body as well consider its weight and everything.
    You're right, I should have done more with it. I'll work on moving its body.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Hi, I really like your Gym Leader, so, I made her a side and back sprite, hope you don't mind...

LeaderNorina.png

Also, the tiles for her gym look great. xx

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Hi, I really like your Gym Leader, so, I made her a side and back sprite, hope you don't mind...

LeaderNorina.png

Also, the tiles for her gym look great. xx

Thanks, and I don't mind. I made side and back sprites ages ago, but I lost them, so I'm kinda glad you made them. :)

Anyway, I've been remaking the image below (spoilered for convenience) into a sprite. The art and concept is by fakemonfrontier. :)
    Spoiler:

Attempt one:
    water_starter_sprite_by_superjub-d3cd7pt.png

Done to see what it would look like as a sprite, and to be familiar with the anatomy. Yes, it's too big. :P

Attempt two:
    water_starter_2_by_superjub-d3cfstp.png

It's smaller (less than 64 x 64), but its still quite big as it's hard to make the sprite small but keep the anatomy accurate and the details visible. I like it. :)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I finally made ancrazy sprite. I wanted to make a grass snake sprite (one with no legs, unlike Smugleaf.) After looking at Logiedan's sprite in the community project, it inspired me to finally make one. So, here it is. The normal one is on the left, and the shiny one is on the right.

snurish_by_superjub-d3cyt44.png

It took me ages to do the leaf, and I'm still not too sure on it. XD

Snurish (Snake + flourish)
    Grass
    "Snurish tend to slither around slyly in grassy areas. Despite its small stature, it is known to grip tightly onto prey."

EDIT: Fixed the colours~

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years

• My newest sprite. Something about it seems a bit... off. Nevertheless, here it is, Squill. It's an evolution of the squid I posted aaaaages ago. XD

Squill (squid + will)
    Water/Psychic
    "It's psychic power is contained within its tentacles. It can move objects using its psychic power."

Evolves from
    squid_sprite_by_superjub-d309fv1.png
    by levelling up.

EDIT: I changed some stuff. :>

Last edited:

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    Huh...Pretty nice. But it would look a bit better if the head was facing forwards :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Huh...Pretty nice. But it would look a bit better if the head was facing forwards :)

I tired to make it look like it was facing left to match the official sprites. :> I probably failed. ^^' I'll tweak it a bit and see if I can improve it. :>

EDIT: I made it look like it was facing left. :>

Last edited:

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    This one is a lot better. Now it actually looks like official one :3

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Long update is long~

Anyway, I fixed up Squill as much as possible, and I'll probably leave it as it is at the moment. I quite like it, I
    squill_by_superjub-d3d4gic.png

-----
    On a different note, I've done Snurish's evolution. I quite like doing snake-like Fakemon. XD I called it Fangrow (fang + grow).

Fangrow
    Grass/Poison
    The Grass Snake Pokémon
    "Fangrow plant their tails into the ground, making them sharper and more poisonous."
    Ability/ies: Run Away or Poison Point

Evolves from Snurish at level 30.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I got rid of Fangrow's roots. :| I didn't really want to, but I thought it'd make it look better. I also changed its PokeDex entry as well, to make it make sense.

fangrow_by_superjub-d3d7t7f.png

Fangrow
    Grass/Poison
    The Grass Snake Pokémon
    "Fangrow sneak slyly in tall grass. They poison their foe, and then they watch them suffer mercilessly."
    Ability/ies: Run Away or Poison Point

Evolves from Snurish at level 30.

Also, something made because I felt random. It's a rainbow dinosaur thing. not to be taken seriously, as I know it's not perfect. Heck, it has loads of flaws. :P
    random_rainbow_dinosaur_by_superjub-d3dacpa.png

I need to get around to working on a Ground/Dragon legendary (it also has a kickass facial horn, but it's not the jedi of the sea ;)), and a legendary that travels through portals. :>

Last edited:

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    Man I dont care what you say I just love this random dinosaur thing and I think its perfect! Also Fangrow looks better now :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Man I dont care what you say I just love this random dinosaur thing and I think its perfect! Also Fangrow looks better now :)
    I'm glad you like it. XD To be honest, it was fun to make. :) And I'm glad you think Fangrow looks better; I do too. :>

---
    Edit: I've started working on the ground/dragon I mentioned earlier. :> I've still got to do the outline and add some arms. Oh, and fix up the eyes as well. :>

Last edited:

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    The bottom of that dragon looks like Diglett xD But he is cool :) I love its horn :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The bottom of that dragon looks like Diglett xD But he is cool :) I love its horn :D

Well, I kinda used the palette and style of the ground in Diglett's sprite, so that's probably why. XD It is scratch, though. :P

Anyway, I finished it:

[Name undecided.] Terragon
    Ground/Dragon
    "Despite it having small hands, it uses its drill to dig holes at high speeds."
    Ability/ies: Pressure

Last edited:

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    He is like awesome :D I wish I could do scratches like you :) I like his hands even tho they're small :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • He is like awesome :D I wish I could do scratches like you :) I like his hands even tho they're small :D

Thanks. :) I still need a name for him/her though. XD

EDIT: Added a lighter outline to its horn, made a colour darker and changed its right (our left) hand.
    it_has_a_kickass_facial_horn___by_superjub-d3ddetk.png

And a comparison:
    groundlegendary.png
    to
    it_has_a_kickass_facial_horn___by_superjub-d3ddetk.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back