• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites served with Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • i like that ditto :D its done very well :D

Thanks. I revamped it for a project ages ago. ^^

So, I did some Valentines Day pixel art. It's just some hearts because I'm lacking imagination I haven't got enough time at the moment.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • the shading is proper awesome :D

Thanks. :D I'm quite proud of them. :) Especially considering I didn't spend much time on them.

I've finally got round to finishing the duck with the afro. I'm not to proud of the final product, but meh. It'll have to do.

Dafro
    Normal/Water
    "Dafro has a hypnotic dance that it uses to escape difficult situations. Healthier Dafros have larger afros."

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It's Ludicolo version 2. XD
    Here's an edited version. I haven't changed much, just tweaked some things.

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    you changed the hair color and shape a bit :D it took me ages to notice :O

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    Far out these are really good, wait, yep, i just got bit by the jealousy bug :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Something seems a little off with the eye that's farther away. It might be better if it was omitted.
    While I appreciate your comment, I personally find that when the eye is omitted, it makes the duck look a bit like an cyclops. :\ Here's a comparison:

Far out these are really good, wait, yep, i just got bit by the jealousy bug :)

Thanks. ^^

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • A new sprite! :)

Teekee (based on tiki, also may sound like a noise a ghost makes, referring to its ghost type.)
    Fire/Ghost
    "Teekee is said to live for hundreds of years. No-one has seen its real face."

It's based on a tiki torch (the flame) and a tiki mask. The fire is completely scratch, and is the first fully scratched fire I've created. Enjoy~ :)

Why did I quote this? I've been wanting to create an evolution of it for ages, but couldn't really get anything to look right. I was originally going to create something similar to a totem pole, with three Pokemon in one, but I decided on just one as it was going to be a massive sprite which wouldn't be 64 pixels in height and width. Even this one is nearly running over the limit, but meh. I also probably used too many colours, but I'm just glad I got it out of the way. I'm still not that proud of it (*cough* the hands*cough*), although I like the "aura" around them. The fire came out okay (not as good as Teekee's imo). I now give you Totorch.

Totorch
    Fire/Ghost
    The ancient Pokemon
    "This Pokemon has been around for thousands of years. The more angrier it gets, the more intense its lame burns."

Evolves from Teekee with a Fire Stone.
    And here's a rough version, without the shading, hands and outline.

Fun fact: It looks quite nice on a dark background, due to its hands. It's a shame I didn't make it transparent. :<

----------
    Some changes~

Last edited:
    Years
  • The shades' contrast needs to be lowered, and the shading needs to be more curved. Also, remember the light source is top-left, you seem to have done both the top and the left, there's a slight difference. The hands look flipped, and don't really look like hands, and dont seem to really appear related to the body - perhaps connect the arms with a Rotom-esque ghost glow thing. The iris could do with some anti-aliasing, too.

In fact, in general the sprite could do with some aa. Good job on the fire though.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The shade's contrast needs to be lowered, and the shading needs to be more curved. Also, remember the light source is top-left, you seem to have done both the top and the left, there's a slight difference. The hands look flipped, and don't really look like hands, and dont seem to really appear related to the body - perhaps connect the arms with a Rotom-esque ghost glow thing. The iris could do with some anti-aliasing, too.

In fact, in general the sprite could do with some aa. Good job on the fire though.

Probably my worst sprite, but I'll try and fix it. Thanks about the fire though. Honestly, I thought I was going to suck at the fire. XD Oh, and I was kind of going for Haunter-style hands, where they aren't actually connected to the body, but I'll try Rotom-style hands. I definitely agree with the rest of your comments, though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know what you were trying, but it didn't turn out well is what I'm saying. And the fire isn't perfect, as it doesn't show any real sign of depth. In comparison to the rest of the sprite, though, it's good, and it's a smooth, natural shape.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I know what you were trying, but it didn't turn out well is what I'm saying. And the fire isn't perfect, as it doesn't show any real sign of depth. In comparison to the rest of the sprite, though, it's good, and it's a smooth, natural shape.

Yeah, I understand. it is probably my dodgiest sprite. XD Especially the hands. Anyway, here's an updated version. I'll try and fix more stuff on it a bit later.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Nice revamp, it gave me a good idea for my game ^^

Thanks, and good luck with your game. ^^

Anyway, so years ago I created this:

Dreadful? I know. Anyway, I'm revamping it and here is what I've done so far.

It still needs to be shaded, given an proper outline and I need to fix some flaws and add some stuff. But I like what I've done so far. :)

EDIT: Wow, I finished it...? I'm amazed by it; I didn't think it'd turn out so good (if I say so myself. XD)

EDIT2: Here it is with the shiny version. I don't know why I chose grey. XD

Last edited:

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    WOW! The finished ones look great!
    <---- This one looks a bit weird xD

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I think it could use a little more anti-aliasing. And some of the lines are a little too dark in color, imo. I have to really look at it to tell they aren't black.

And I every time I look at it, I think of Huntail. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back