• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Spyro Reignited Trilogy officially announced!

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's been rumoured for weeks now but Activision & Toys for Bob have finally revealed that the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy will be remastered for the PS4 & Xbox One (so far). Release date is 21st September 2018!

I've honestly waited so long for this hnggggg

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
    Loved the first game but I never got around to buying another Spyro game until Dawn of the Dragon came out. I'll consider getting it.

pkmin3033

The entire announcement - or lack thereof - of this turned into an absolute joke at the end. xD

All I ask is that this is nothing like the Crash N. Sane Trilogy, which made a lot of unwanted minor changes that made playing the games feel like a terrible chore at times. It played almost completely differently, and I'd like it if this trilogy stayed a little more true to the originals.

...now, remaster Croc and Croc 2, please.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    This looks really promising. I thought Spyro the Dragon was awesome, so I'm thrilled to hear the trilogy is being remastered! I'm a sucker for old platform games.

Adding this to my wish-list!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    It's on Xbox One as well. Very welcome news. :)

The first Spyro game was one I played a lot when it first came out and I played the second one quite a bit too. Never played the third game.

With the Crash remake coming out on the Xbox One this year I will be able to revisit my old favourites.

And yes to a Croc remaster. I loved Croc 2. It may be unlikely though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yay can't wait! I've seen people wishing for this since back when crash was announced. I super enjoyed the nostalgia of the N Sane remaster and this will be even better just for the actual story perks and wacky/cute characters! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A bit of bummer; I no longer have either one of these consoles.

Years
    Very fitting this game comes out in September, considering that it was the same month the very first Spyro game came out 20 years ago. Heck, this remake's release day comes exactly 10 days after the first game's release, so it's clever planning.

I was expecting this remake to happen after Crash N. Sane Trilogy did so well sales-wise (even Activision were surprised the sales exceeded expectations) and it's definitely a sign that bringing back old-school gaming icons for a new generation is a smart business strategy.

Years
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon was first game I got on my PlayStation. It was also one of the first game that I completed on 100 % and I loved it. I quickly got another two games in the original trilogy and completed them on 100 % too. I hope this will get released on PC soon after the PS4 and Xbox One.

Also +1 to Croc remake.

Years
    I spent more time than I'd like to admit playing the original Spyro, and while it's completely unrelated to the game itself, one of my favorite memories was always being in awe of being able to play certain areas of the game even after taking the disc out of my PS1. Don't know how I found out about it, but I loved it, haha. I played the other 2 games in the trilogy, but only ever rented them, so I never got the chance to finish either. Looking forward to when this comes out so I can fix that!

Back