• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I saw it, and I must say it was an awsome movie. The only thing bad was that it was a depressing movie, most of my favorite characters died(Kit Fisto mainly ;_; ). And seeing Yoda fight for the last time was sad too, we only see him a few more times in the originals and he's just an old hermit then. Great effects though just sorta depressing.

9/10

Last edited:

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
  • Mihara said:
    How was it cheesey? I mean, the "No" part was good, he just lost padme and that was the ONLY reason he turned to the dark side, to protect her.

i dont know it just was, i guess just starange to see Darth have that much.. ahhh emotion

yes it was vquite depressing, im a die hard fan so when they began killing off all the jedi my heart sank it was so sad to see all the jedi go like that

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I didn't, I thought it was the best out of the new ones!!! I saw it at 12:01 AM on may 19th I waited two hours in the theatre just to get a good seat and it was awesome..i am going see it again this weekend and then again next week!

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
  • The movie sucked, I was bored out of my mind with the stupid scenes. I fell asleep near during the end. Wow, was I the only one who hated this movie? The action scenes were totally stupid except for Yoda and Sith. Skywalker's face pissed me off because it was so different from episode 2, obviously not the same actor. The girl's voice also pissed me off because it was so annoyingly high-pitched. The only decent thing of this movie was when Skywalker was burning in the fire lol that **** was crazy. I also liked where the wife died, it gave me a sense of happiness. Sith is mad smart he's my favorite character along with that Jedi Chick that looked like Medusa.

Sylver

Peacekeeper.
    Years
  • I saw the movie today and I can say that this movie rocks! The most funny thing was R2 and I liked a lot the fighting style of Yoda, but I can't believe that it's the last episode... I hope someone will continue the star wars saga.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • Cries, It was AWSOME! but sad, all the movie end in a happy ending, one way or another.
    1 - Anikan is accepted to become a trainer, they kill darth maul yadayadyada....
    2 - Anikan and Padm? get married
    3 - None
    4 - They destroy the DeathStar
    5 - They end it with a nice scene with, Lea and Luke together.
    6 - It all ends celebrations, etc.

The only happy thing about this was, that Luke and Lea get a home, you see their new families all happy that they have them.

Anyway, I saw it last night, 10:50 PM xD in line for 4 hours, 1st in line, Digital, it was all good xD

!!SPOILER Below!!
    One thing I have a bone to pick about is though that, Lea says that she remembers her mom, "beautiful, loving, but sad" or something like that. Well Lea only see's her mom in her last few seconds, how does she remember, she was JUST born (and I REALLY mean JUST born).

also, the morning the movie came out I found the script xD
    https://scripts.cgispy.com/newsboard.cgi?action=view&num=2&user=script
    There it is, It IS the actual script, I wonder how they got it before the movie?

Anyway in all the movie was AWSOME!

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I loved this movie so much. I do wish some of my favorite Jedi would have survived though. Like Plo Koon. R.I.P Plo Koon. Also my favorite part was when Yoda fought Darth Sideous.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • TeNk said:
    The movie sucked, I was bored out of my mind with the stupid scenes. I fell asleep near during the end. Wow, was I the only one who hated this movie? The action scenes were totally stupid except for Yoda and Sith. Skywalker's face pissed me off because it was so different from episode 2, obviously not the same actor. The girl's voice also pissed me off because it was so annoyingly high-pitched. The only decent thing of this movie was when Skywalker was burning in the fire lol that **** was crazy. I also liked where the wife died, it gave me a sense of happiness. Sith is mad smart he's my favorite character along with that Jedi Chick that looked like Medusa.
    First of all you are a dumb @ss his name is not sith, he is a sith lord. His name is Palpatine/Darth Sidieous. And Anakin was played by the same exact actor as in episod II. But you were right about natalie portman. She didnt do a good job in this movie. But the fight scene were good, no matter what you say. The fight between anakin and obi was was better than yoda and sidious.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    How was that stupid? It's supposed to give an overall ironic feeling to the movie, betraying the Jedi he had been with since he was a child just to save his love, and end up being the one that kills her. It was perfect irony.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Thomas-san said:
    First of all you are a dumb @ss his name is not sith, he is a sith lord. His name is Palpatine/Darth Sidieous. And Anakin was played by the same exact actor as in episod II. But you were right about natalie portman. She didnt do a good job in this movie. But the fight scene were good, no matter what you say. The fight between anakin and obi was was better than yoda and sidious.

I agree with Thomas-San. Thomas-San actually knows what he is talking about. But anyway I give the movie a 8.75/10.It could have been alot better.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The biggest disappointment in movie history, I think. The story was almost non-existent. Yeah, we all knew that it would be anti-climatic, but at least make it interesting. Add something fresh. Oh my God the dialog was repulsive.

For example:

"Oh Ani, hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo"
    or how about
    "Obi-wan's worried about you. He says you're stressed."
    or, better yet
    "Is it a girl or a guy?"

Can you just make it a tad bit interesting. The actors had nothing to them at all, everything they said was monotone. Padme has to be the stupidest person ever. Ladies, if your husband just tried to choke you to death would the first thing you say when you come to is ask how he's feeling? C'mon!

Not even the overly hyped special effects could save the movie. How much of it was on a continuous loop with the only movement coming from those annoying floating dust particles? Personally, I like Star Wars when it was all props and puppets. Sure, now it looks real, but does it make it better. You can tell they aren't where they are or looking at what they're looking at. In the originals, although it looked fake, it looked better.

Where's the always welcomed and loved droid bickering of 3PO and R2? Where's anything that made it feel like a Star Wars film aside from the obvious factors (characters, weapons, opening crawl). Star Wars movies are supposed to be fast and fun. This movie was slow, with no story and awful dialog and acting (watching Vader scream out a cliched "No!" and walk around like Frakenstein made me loose all respect for Lucas).

The best thing about this movie is the absence of speech from Jar Jar.

To those who haven't seen any Star Wars (I'm writing this mostly for Erica, who I wish watches these films some day). Don't start chronologically at Episode I. You'll be bored and have an immediate distaste for the series if you open up with people talking about politics and trading. Start like the rest of us did, and the way it was intended. With Episode IV. Fast paced and fun the original trilogy is. Slow and boring the new films are.

For the record, Episode II is the best of the new films and Episode V the best of the original trilogy IMO.

Lots of Jedi and children die. You watch the fall of democracy and (won't say who, but you can guess) be burnt alive in detail. It's the feel good movie of the year.

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
  • I am a dumbass for calling him sith? I'm sorry, I don't watch Starwars 2 times a day like you do. The fight scenes sucked, its the same thing over and over again. Jump, duck, light saber slash, and jump. They should've had cooler moves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I don't get how Episode one was bad at all. It was supposed to show a time when things weren't as bad and as dark as they were going to be, so the mood of the movie actually fit quite well with what was going on.

Episode three, while no the best acting (then again who can blame them with Lucas writing it) , did tie a lot of movies togeter. Plus it made the movies Anakin's and not Luke's, from now on people probably feel for Anakin more after seeing what he had to go through.

As for Padme's lines, they weren't all that bad, look at the context they were being used it, it fits what's going on good enough. As for the droids, I'm glad they didn't get as much screen time, in the last movie and in all of them really C3P0 had some really bad one liners. People are forgetting that hte first two movies are cheesey and corney as well as these three.

Special effects, well let's see....It's outer space, deals with aliens, deals with a lot of other stuff that hasn't happened yet. Of course it's going to over hyped because they need them. Props and puppets were the best that could be used back then, the movies wouldn't sell if all they had were 30 year old props and puppets. If these FX were usable back then, they would have been used. It's just showing how much the world has come since then.

As for the story itself, it's actually great. The Jedi you find out are to arrogant for their own good and and that is part of what causes their downfall. Palpentine himself was smart cunning and knew how to twist Anakin's mind so well, and it was ironic that he turned to the dark side to save Padme only to be the one the kills her in the end.

The lines that Obi-Wan shouted were great and really good mood setting "You were the chosen one, you were supposed to bring balance to the force, not cast it in darkness. You were supposed destroy the Sith, not join them." It really shows you just how bad things are and just how good things could have been. Mace could have stopped it all at once with killing Palpentine, but Anaking wasn't sure of himself, or of the Jedi so he cut his hand off in a moment of weakness which is what caused Mace to die and started the end of the jedi.

Though, if you think about it, it kind of does balance the force out a bit. Two Jedi are left, two Sith are left. It fits pretty well.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't get how Episode one was bad at all. It was supposed to show a time when things weren't as bad and as dark as they were going to be, so the mood of the movie actually fit quite well with what was going on.
    There's nothing wrong with that. It's all the political speak and the annoying Jar Jar that's a problem. The rest is fine. I enjoy the character of Wato.

Episode three, while no the best acting (then again who can blame them with Lucas writing it) , did tie a lot of movies togeter. Plus it made the movies Anakin's and not Luke's, from now on people probably feel for Anakin more after seeing what he had to go through.
    I like how things were tied together. But you have to admit it did feel rushed. Showing Yoda on Dagobah, or Obi-wan speaking to Qui Gon would've been welcomed. Maybe even showing some of the afterwardsness? Somestuff on the Death Star plans aside from it's small little blueprint cameo in Ep II and it being constructed outside a window in this one.

As for Padme's lines, they weren't all that bad, look at the context they were being used it, it fits what's going on good enough. As for the droids, I'm glad they didn't get as much screen time, in the last movie and in all of them really C3P0 had some really bad one liners. People are forgetting that hte first two movies are cheesey and corney as well as these three.
    The first two movies? By which you mean? I and II or IV and V? R2 and 3PO were always the comedic relief, and I enjoy 3POs oneliners "This is such a drag" and his sense of constant worry. He's like me. But there wasn't any this movie. And if it's been in the last five films, why get rid of it. The droids bickering is something one comes to expect. Since I don't know what you mean by cheesyness, I won't comment.

Special effects, well let's see....It's outer space, deals with aliens, deals with a lot of other stuff that hasn't happened yet. Of course it's going to over hyped because they need them. Props and puppets were the best that could be used back then, the movies wouldn't sell if all they had were 30 year old props and puppets. If these FX were usable back then, they would have been used. It's just showing how much the world has come since then.
    Puppets have come a long way too. Yes the visuals look stunning and everything now, but they don't look real. Back then, everything although whimsical had an organic feeling to it. Now it's just whismsy and doesn't feel real.

As for the story itself, it's actually great. The Jedi you find out are to arrogant for their own good and and that is part of what causes their downfall. Palpentine himself was smart cunning and knew how to twist Anakin's mind so well, and it was ironic that he turned to the dark side to save Padme only to be the one the kills her in the end.
    The story though wasn't noted very well. A lot of it was Ani speaking to Palpatine, saying how he's angry and then fights between people who are equally matched that it gets boring. I think that Ep I's fight was the best. And in Ep II, I enjoyed how it showed the impending evil within Ani a lot more than how it did in this.

The lines that Obi-Wan shouted were great and really good mood setting "You were the chosen one, you were supposed to bring balance to the force, not cast it in darkness. You were supposed destroy the Sith, not join them." It really shows you just how bad things are and just how good things could have been. Mace could have stopped it all at once with killing Palpentine, but Anaking wasn't sure of himself, or of the Jedi so he cut his hand off in a moment of weakness which is what caused Mace to die and started the end of the jedi.

Though, if you think about it, it kind of does balance the force out a bit. Two Jedi are left, two Sith are left. It fits pretty well.

Years
  • I likes it alot. My only problem with it was that Anikin turned to the dark side too fast.You would think he would have a tough time deciding because of Obi-Wan, and how they'd grown so close. Don't you think Anikin would have taken longer to decide if he really wanted to turn. Other wise it was brilliant, sad, but brilliant. I mean, The way he acually became exactly what he was trying to destroy and kill the one person he was trying to protect, so sad.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • TeNk said:
    I am a dumbass for calling him sith? I'm sorry, I don't watch Starwars 2 times a day like you do. The fight scenes sucked, its the same thing over and over again. Jump, duck, light saber slash, and jump. They should've had cooler moves.
    I dont watch starwars two times a day. I have more of an attention span than you. I called you a dumb@ss for not having the intelect to remember a simple name. It really isnt that hard to pay attention to a moive.

Back