• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • Latter is predictable, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

I believe that when Luke says "its time for the jedi to end" at the end of the episode 8 trailer that he is just predicting the future. I dont believe he is saying it as any call to action or a wish. Luke always faces uphill battles... why would he train Rey if he believed the jedi should end? He would train her so they would not end.

Years
  • Geez, I'm hearing from people that there are already spoilers for the movie. This is crap. The movie is like half a year away. Keeping spoiler free is going to be a nightmare.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Geez, I'm hearing from people that there are already spoilers for the movie. This is crap. The movie is like half a year away. Keeping spoiler free is going to be a nightmare.

/disables fb
    /disables twitter
    /throws phone away

No spoilers for me!

DeusPro

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly, here's the thing. I think they are definitely looking to the EU (Now Legends) for inspiration. Kyle Katarn was a Jedi in Legends after Episode 6, and embraced use of both sides of the force and that there was no "light side" and "dark side" force moves, and that the only way to determine the "light/dark" behind moves were the intentions of the people behind said moves. If you can't tell, I was once invested in this type of thing. I'm excited for the movie, and it'll be a hell of a job to stay spoiler free

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • After hearing more information about this movie, I fear it's gonna be ripped apart by fans for being a repeat of Episode V like how TFA was a repeat of Episode IV. One of my friends, who is a Star Wars fan himself, isn't going to watch it because he's already seen it before in the form of ESB.

Years
  • After hearing more information about this movie, I fear it's gonna be ripped apart by fans for being a repeat of Episode V like how TFA was a repeat of Episode IV. One of my friends, who is a Star Wars fan himself, isn't going to watch it because he's already seen it before in the form of ESB.

Ripping off another instalment in the franchise is just utter bullshit. A show or movie ripping off another is a bad thing *cough* The Emoji Movie *cough* but ripping off another part of your own franchise shows that they must have run out of ideas.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    After hearing more information about this movie, I fear it's gonna be ripped apart by fans for being a repeat of Episode V like how TFA was a repeat of Episode IV. One of my friends, who is a Star Wars fan himself, isn't going to watch it because he's already seen it before in the form of ESB.

So he isn't going to watch it because he's already seen it even though he hasn't seen it and therefore doesn't know anything at all? Someone I'd pay attention to, definitely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So he isn't going to watch it because he's already seen it even though he hasn't seen it and therefore doesn't know anything at all? Someone I'd pay attention to, definitely.

He's going have a Star Wars podcast that'll be at least an hour long next Saturday where we'll be talking anything Star Wars related including the upcoming films. He also likes to invite anyone who is a Star Wars fan to come join in podcast, so if you have a Google+ account and wish to have a little talk with him in regards to not planning to watch TLJ because he's already seen ESB and knows what's going to happen beat by beat, then I'll invite you over.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Ripping off another instalment in the franchise is just utter bull****. A show or movie ripping off another is a bad thing *cough* The Emoji Movie *cough* but ripping off another part of your own franchise shows that they must have run out of ideas.

Disney shouldn't ever run out of ideas. They have the entire expanded universe to draw material from. And its non-canon, so its technically not ripping off.

But the fact that they are make a Han Solo movie and an Obi-wan Kenobi movie dont bode well unfortunately. The Han Solo movie will be alright if it includes more info about the enslavement of Wookies to build the first death star and the result of the invasion of Kashyyk. I felt like we have seen enough of Kenobi and that there are other characters to choose from (or new ones) that could reveal more about the universe.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • I don't think it's going to be ESB at all. From watching all the sw news I do, and seeing pictures and hearing what I've heard. Yes, it may be darker than TFW, but it might very well be way better. For one I'm pretty excited for it. Plus there's going to be newer characters in TLJ.

Back