• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Star Wars VII

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    I saw it a couple days after the release, and was quite satisfied (a lot more than expected). I'll keep it brief, but the main thing I was worried about was it being in the hands of disney. Personally, I like nothing about disney films, so I was worried that they would ruin it. However, they only own the franchise, they weren't writing/directing any of it, so that pleased me. I was also relieved that there was no disney logo in the beginning xD. Another aspect that I DID like was the similiarity it had to 4 and 5. You can't really go wrong with a 4 and 5 styled Star Wars but with a completely new adventure IMO. :P Also, it was definitely worth the effort to use original camera lenses from 4, 5 and 6.

It was also a nice feeling to see the star wars opening in the beginning at a theater. :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Is anyone worried about Star Wars flopping at China's box office? I've seen numerous threads outside of PC laughing at the movie's failure at dethroning James Cameron's films.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Is anyone worried about Star Wars flopping at China's box office? I've seen numerous threads outside of PC laughing at the movie's failure at dethroning James Cameron's films.
    not worried at all -- don't think it makes much of a difference either way. REGARDLESS, it's already made so much money that it's an unbelievable financial success, so it's okay. not like it even matters.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It was also a nice feeling to see the star wars opening in the beginning at a theater. :)

Oh man, I forgot to mention that. I can't stress this enough. There's a lot of great feelings in this world and seeing a Star Wars opening with the theme playing on a big screen like that is definitely one of those great feelings.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    not worried at all -- don't think it makes much of a difference either way. REGARDLESS, it's already made so much money that it's an unbelievable financial success, so it's okay. not like it even matters.

It definitely matters to a lot of film enthusiasts and Star Wars fans, because many thought TFA would soon become the #1 highest grossing film in the world due to how much of an influence the franchise has become over the past 39 years. The fact that a sequel to one of the most popular franchises is failing to beat an original IP that has failed to reach pop culture status is considered to be embarrassing to some, including the haters.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I went to see Star Wars the day after it came out, I think. I don't plan on spoiling anything in my post.

I think for fans, it was a real disappointment. Personally, this is the first SW movie I've watched in over a decade. I saw them when I was young, was obsessed for a short time and moved on to other things. Never really thought about them again. So, I wasn't going into this movie hoping for an amazing, beautiful reboot to one of my favourite series ever. And, in fact, if you were, you were bound to be disappointed. Disney did exactly what Disney should've done: play it safe. The movie is a classic coming of age, good-will-always-prevail film. Everybody can get on board with that. No one was supposed to not like it. The last thing Disney wanted was an outcry over social media about how awful SW:TFA was.

No, instead, Disney played its cards very well, and look what it got: highest grossing SW film, highest grossing film of 2015 and highest grossing Disney release (among other box office records). Not a bad track record if you ask me.

Back