• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Start Here

Years
  • kitty was here|Janp too

The PokeCommunity Presents: GT 2018!

If you can see this, then congratulations, you're going to be a part of making the PokeCommunity Get-Together of 2018 a success by hosting an event or events. This section is where you will plan your events and prepare them ready to be posted to the main Get-Together forum when that is created and made public. Hosting an event for the Get Together is a lot of fun, but there's a lot of responsibility too because we're counting on you to have your events ready on time and well-managed during the GT itself.

So What Do We Do?
    To start with, you or your co-host (if you have one), need to set up a thread in this forum. You use that thread to plan exactly what your events will entail, the rules, how you determine the winner etc etc. You'll have until the fifteenth of July to finish your planning and let us know you're read to go. We'll spend the week up to the twenty-second reviewing anything that we think needs tweaking and deciding on the point value for winning the events.

If you have any questions, you can contact gimmepie, Kitty, Fairy, Colours, Janp or Tokyodrift.

Image Credit © logancure x

Years
  • Ping

Spoiler:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Hey guys! o/

So I'm hearing about legendaries and points. How far off am I if I'm guessing everyone will join a team of one of the Tapus and has to try to score as many points for it? Would be nice to hear a bit more on the general theme and setup of the GT. :)

Years
  • Hey guys! o/

So I'm hearing about legendaries and points. How far off am I if I'm guessing everyone will join a team of one of the Tapus and has to try to score as many points for it? Would be nice to hear a bit more on the general theme and setup of the GT. :)

That's pretty much it. Just like last year, people will be sorted to different teams, this time based on 4 Tapus of Alola and then compete in Island Challenge (events) for the Z-Crystals (points). It's up to you if you decide to do a little bit of RP and incorporate this theme or not. But you have to decide if your challenge will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place like or everyone who do X is winner. For example, my events (Challenge, CAH and movie nights) are all the later. And to make the event of course.

Years
  • Worth noting that an option for events that would otherwise be non-competitive is to decide which team wins based on which team has the highest participation rate. In case anyone had concerns there.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    What is the maximum amount of total points we can give away in our events? Or is there a set first/second/third amount to give away?

Years
  • We decided to do small change - originally we wanted to give points only to the 1st place to avoid mess with points (something that happened last year), but after seeing a lot of people wanting to have more that one place awarded, we decided to change it so 3 places will get points.

I know GT starts in 2 days, but if you want to change your awards to fit this, do so. I'll try and bump threads where it could matter.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    When does thread approval begin?

I'd say we'll go through them either tonight or early tomorrow. I'm hoping tonight though so we can notify anyone if there are any issues.

Last edited:
    Back