• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Steven = Annoying.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
Years
  • Yeah, ya know, you walk up the usually bigger hall, up the stairs, into the lair of the Champion.

Now, you talk to him, he tells you some sappy crap like in the other games, and you engage a battle with him.

Which Pokémon do you find most annoying?

I found Cradily a pain in the backside because I started with a Swampert, and my Salamence hardly cut it.

Metagross was the most easiest out of all. With my Swampert's Earthquake, it sunk into the floor within seconds..​

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Ohh I hate that CLAYDOL !!!! It almost PWNed my Blaziken with Psychic !!!
    Metagross was also the easiest for me , bcuz a Critical Blaze Kick killed him in a second .

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I couldn't stand his Cradily because of the fact of it having somewhat of a high Defense as well as Special Defense. It was also hard to KO since it didn't have any weakness that my Pokemon were strong aganist cradily

:t354:TG

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I had no problems in the original, although in Emerald his Cradily annoyed the hell out of me, but I beat it within 3 minutes.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The only one that was annoying was Metagross, but my brothers blaziken had little trouble with it; however, mono-type teams are horrid battle ideas, but then again this is STEVEN we are talking about. The same Steven that had a special sweeping Aggron.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2009
    Steven's a tough one. My Delcatty had a lot of trouble abainst his Pokemon, for obvious reasons. Fortunately, just before the battle, I taught it Rock Smash. His Metagross knocked me out, but I used Thunderwave on it and just kept on using dig with my Pikachu.

xXI JOE IXx

Claydol is without a doubt the single most annoying pokemon in the universe, so yeah. Claydol was hardest

xXI JOE IXx

Thats what makes steven so easy on sapphire though, Kyogre tears through his team

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • His Aggron is a push over. Seriously? Who makes Aggron a special sweeper, let alone a special sweeper without any STAB moves. But back then, there weren't any special STAB moves. Sorry for you competitive people thinking I'm stupid if there actually are people that make Aggron a special sweeper, but...in RSE? Just no.

I haven't battled that guy in so long, but I had more trouble with Armaldo than anything else, if I remember correctly. Gee, I can't even remember why, though.

NatureKeeper

Steven is not annoying. Just bring over Groudon\Rayquaza and unleash your evil.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I found him easy when i played Sapphire on an Emulator.

But the sheer levels on Emerald, plus his Metagross's Meteor Mash got 6 attack boosts in a row, 6HKOing my lv.100 Wailord, then sweeping the rest of my team. Stopped it with Kyogre though.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I actually haven't versed Seven before, at least not to my knowledge. But when I do verse him, I'd imagine that his Skarmory that would cause me most trouble, seeing as I'm completing a Grass-type challenge.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • skarmory, I was winning, but since I lost my fire lead, his metal team starting giving me crap, and then it used spikes, I was wtf never heard of an entry hazard before so after my second to last pokemon got KO'd I switch in my blazican with 4 hp left to get the ko with blaze kick and finish this battle FTW! and he dies switching in....

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Truth be told, His Metagross was a Frigging Pain! My Blaziken should have been able to take it out fairly easy but it just killed me with Psychic and Earthquake, Aughh!

Back