• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

STOP TALKING!!!

Years
    It depends on the circumstances really. If I'm with people I know and the conversation is of interest then I can ramble on for quite a while. Usually when I encounter new people I tend to keep on the back foot and let them make the opening move.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2011
    Depends. If I am with people -- friends and family -- I am comfortable with, then I can talk, even ramble, to perpetuity. I also find myself talkative around total strangers who resemble me in character, personality, and to an extent, demeanor.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I hardly talk if I'm not very acquainted with the people I'm around. And I don't talk when I have nothing to say, small talk is really annoying in my opinion. I don't go much past the "Hey, how are you?" unless we have something genuine to talk about.

As for friends of mine, I talk a lot more. A lot of our conversations are absolutely mindless and without purpose. I think I'm like most people where I stay reserved in public but outgoing with my friends.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I rarely talk IRL, to the point where I can go at least 15 hours without talking. In school/college, I talk when it's necessary for me to talk.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Do you like to talk?
    YES! Talking is amazing, I absolutely love it.

Do you like to talk a lot?
    Yes. A lot. Very a lot.

Do you talk so much that people tell you to shut up even when you're not talking to them?
    Hahaha, yes I've had that happen I few times, I'm sure a lot of people think that and just don't say anything - I talk non stop, I go on and on about the most trivial of things and generally end up having a conversation with myself.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm a pretty awkward person. I do like getting involved in conversations, but I do get quite a lot, or rather just say something awkward. That's just me. :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No to all. That's why I'm here of course; on the Internet, I don't need to talk to communicate. I'm far more articulate in writing and can actually enjoy posting on boards or an IM client. I still hate pleasantries like 'how are you' in any case, though — unless one is honestly concerned about my welfare, they'd do better to say something worthwhile instead.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I love being part of conversations, but I prefer the listening side of a conversation to the talking one. People often use me as a sounding board for their problems, and while I interject occasionally to further probe their inner psyches, I'm more than happy to let other people talk. Small talk and other stuff like that I'm normally fine with, but I do find it a lot easier if the other person in the conversation likes to talk a lot.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I like talking, but I dislike talking a lot. I'm usually quiet, and no one has ever told me to shut up (as far as I remember), so yeah.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Ugh I talk so much it's not even funny. I get in trouble for talking a lot during school as well. But never too bad. And yes people tell me to shut up all the time.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I don't talk much in public; I'm a generally quiet person.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
    im the one of my "group" that sits in the shadows with a hoodie covering my face as they laugh and talk, i'll just sit quietly... eating my chips =3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't really talk much in real life, but I talk a bit more online. That's because I feel that whatever I say might not be important.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I talk a lot. Everyone in my family-except my dad-does, so it's learned and inherited. I used to be introverted during middle school, but I spontaneously because extraverted. Actually, I'm not sure if I was introverted. But anyway, yes, I talk a lot. And I hear myself talk mostly. But I do listen, especially if the person is interesting. xD

Years
    It depends on who I'm around. If it's people I'm comfortable with and I have something to say, I will talk my face off. If it's people I don't know too well or aren't very talkative, I'll stay quiet. Like this new guy we have at work; he doesn't say anything to me so I feel too awkward to start a conversation with him.

On the whole, I like talking! Maybe it's because I don't do it too often... once I go home I'm stuck alone. :p

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I prefer to stay quiet until I have something interesting to say, even if it's something irrelevant and random to the conversation and what's going on. A lot of people think I'm shy because I'm usually that guy in the classroom that keeps to himself, stays quiet unless spoken to, speaks to very few people in the class (those who I find interesting enough to hold a conversation with), and yet somehow knows everything going on. And when they do say something, others around them usually don't really quite understand. I don't want to say I'm a wallflower, though. Like a lot of others, I don't really like small talk. In fact, it's one of those social things that kind of make me uncomfortable. I can be extremely awkward to people, which is something I actually enjoy because awkward people are those who draw me in. I love quirky, awkward, interesting people and those are usually the people I converse with offline.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I'm very talkative but sometimes tell people to shut up if they talk too much XC. I'm very weird.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I feel like I talk an average amount but people tend to tell me that I barely talk. I remember meeting my boyfriend's family and they were afraid that I didn't like them because I didn't talk a lot, but I felt like I had talked quite a bit, lol. I guess I'm just bad at judging that kind of thing :(

Back