• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Story speculation

Years
  • So as we know, there is still a lot of mystery surrounding this game in regards to the plot. That's where this thread asks, what do hope to see for the storyline for Sun & Moon? What events would you like to see happen regarding Solgaleo and Lunala?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I couldn't agree more.

ORAS generally went in the right direction with the Delta Episode, but if it doesn't hurt too much, I'd like to see more, or that's asking too much, at least something similar to the Delta Episode as some sort of expansion after the main story.

I'm kind of pessimistic in regards to bigger post-game content aside from that, though. It seems the biggest we've got so far is like...Battle Frontier in HGSS, and after that, the amount of post-game content has been dwindling, which I think is a shame. Even if we don't get something similar to BF, at least something more expansive would do.
    Yeah, HgSs have the biggest post game with the 5 facility BF and the return to Kanto. After them comes FrLg with the Sevii plot, followed by Platinum with the same 5 facility BF as HgSs and the Battle areas, the Emerald with it's 7 facility BF.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Feel like Zygarde is defiantly going to be part of it, if not post-game. The big tree on the lower left island, top right/top left of it, seems like the tree in Norse mythology (Gen 6).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Feel like Zygarde is defiantly going to be part of it, if not post-game. The big tree on the lower left island, top right/top left of it, seems like the tree in Norse mythology (Gen 6).

Perhaps the events in Alola cause damage to the tree which could possibly have roots stretching down to Terminal cave.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I get the feeling that there IS something in the post game, like a battle facility or a trip to a previous region, like Kalos.

And for the main story line, I wouldn't mind a darker story... That fortress town seems like it could hide something...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As Lillie will play an important role in the story, I'm guessing she's either the champion, one of the villainous team's admins working undercover, or the evil team's leader.

Edit: A bigger postgame is what I'd wish for, too; something similar to the Delta Episode is what I'm thinking of.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I couldn't help but notice something on the official site. In the character biographies and the descriptions for Solgaleo and Lunala, they're putting emphasis on the story in the games. Much like how they did with the pre-release info of BW/BW2, it's almost reminiscent of that. Perhaps we'll be getting story-driven games again like what we got in Gen 5?

Years
  • I couldn't help but notice something on the official site. In the character biographies and the descriptions for Solgaleo and Lunala, they're putting emphasis on the story in the games. Much like how they did with the pre-release info of BW/BW2, it's almost reminiscent of that. Perhaps we'll be getting story-driven games again like what we got in Gen 5?

I think you have a point, because we haven't had a well-fleshed out story in Pokemon since 5th Gen (as if I already make a lot of connections to Unova with this generation) and I think that based on the origin of Solgaleo and Lunala's types I could see alchemy being a present theme.

6th Gen mainly fell flat because of the focus on the competitive community, so hopefully Game Freak have gone back to fleshing out the story more and given 20th anniversary they need to go all-out with this generation.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Lillie is the storyline aspect that intrigues me the most. As others have said before me, perhaps she is linked to the villainous team (either as the leader or second-in-command). Maybe she is the Champion, but I am personally speculating that perhaps she is some sort of Lorekeeper, similar to Zinnia, who has a rare connection with the games' legendary mascots.

Years
  • No, 6th Gen fell flat because it (Kalos) was just a poorly executed region in general, it has nothing to do with any "focus" on the "competitive community". ORAS didn't put any more emphasis on competitive than X/Y did (ORAS brought back Battle Maison which is a ****ty excuse to appeal to the competitive base) and was ok at best, but ultimately wasn't enough to really mitigate any sour taste people already experienced from X/Y.

I knew about Kalos being a badly executed region, and the easy Exp. Share was likely a way to get people to finish the story quickly so they could focus on breeding a competitive team. There was also a lot of changes to features that greatly favoured competitive.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • I really hope for a bigger post-game. It appears that we won't have a Battle Frontier, at least its not seen on the map, unless its underwater haha

Anyways, I hate bringing this back like so many speculated, but that Lillie girl might have something to do with Zygarde. She might even come originally from Kalos, her appearance is rather, refined? I don't know...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I really hope for a bigger post-game. It appears that we won't have a Battle Frontier, at least its not seen on the map, unless its underwater haha

Anyways, I hate bringing this back like so many speculated, but that Lillie girl might have something to do with Zygarde. She might even come originally from Kalos, her appearance is rather, refined? I don't know...

You have a point, she doesn't have the Alolian look.
    Hope she does have somthing to do with Kalos .

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Lillie is the storyline aspect that intrigues me the most. As others have said before me, perhaps she is linked to the villainous team (either as the leader or second-in-command). Maybe she is the Champion, but I am personally speculating that perhaps she is some sort of Lorekeeper, similar to Zinnia, who has a rare connection with the ' legendary mascots.

This. Just this. She doesn't like to battle with pokémon, so it would be weird for her to be the champion. Her being from the villainous team is also possible, but I doubt that too.

Years
  • I'm kinda hoping Lillie will end up being the mastermind behind the game's evil team and it turns out that she's been manipulating your character throughout their journey.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • This. Just this. She doesn't like to battle with pokémon, so it would be weird for her to be the champion. Her being from the villainous team is also possible, but I doubt that too.

I do think there's some possibility of her being from one of a villanous team, spying on the proffessor for some or the other reason, probably to obtain more information about the leggies. It is said she's mysterious, means she does not speak much. Maybe this is to hide her identity, to prevent the people from getting the slightest hint about who she really is. I mean, she tries not to speak so that not a word revealing her is uttered from her mouth, even by mistake. Maybe, in the later part of the game, she is found to be the boss of the game's evil team..

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    You progress through the game, gathering Gym Badges and fending off the evil team, as per usual. You even succeed in defeating the region's Champion! ...But something's not right. You hear a chuckle from inside your bag...

It's your Rotom PokéDex.

"Oh Player, how foolish you've been!" it sneers.

Technology has become too powerful. "I'm going to defeat you, and using your body as a host, I shall begin my plan towards A.I. world domination!

"And don't think you can defeat me," it adds, "for I know everything about every Pokémon in the world--thanks to you, of course.

"So, whaddaya say? Do you really think you can defeat me? Or rather, do you think you can defeat yourself?" it challenges, sending out completely optimized versions of each member in your own party.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • The points brought up about Lillie are very interesting. I do think that her role in the story will be a connection with the Legendaries, she doesn't come off as the "evil team" type to me. And her character design does remind me of Kalos, because of the clothes she's wearing. Even if she's not from Kalos, she looks like she's not originally from Alola. A connection to Zygarde in the post-game would be a surprising twist, because she doesn't look like she's connected to it either. If I were to peg somebody to have an obvious connection with Zygarde, it would be Zinnia.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I don't care - I just don't want it to be the same old "evil teams tries to obtain legendary Pokemon to put master plan into action" scenario, because it's old by now. I want it to go back to like how Gen 1 (and to an extent, Gen 2) was, just having the evil team be evil, without the connotation of the legendary Pokemon attached. Even with the new formula, they could easily do that, whilst still giving a good amount of focus to the legendary Pokemon.
    But given the amount of focus on Solgaleo and Lunala so far, I don't see this happening.

Main things I just want are:
    1) no boring SL's
    2) no predictable team leader
    3) more plot twists and sub plots

Back