• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter V

DaHatMan

The Mad Hatter Extraordinaire
Years
  • There are only 2 spots left now and they're for normal returning characters I.E. Balrog, Vega, Sagat, etc. Any hope for Alex and Urien are for DLC. Currently the only person left on the Alpha roster that hasn't been in SF4 and now SF5 is Sodom and even then I'm guessing he will be DLC. See the chart here.

lKe1FNi.jpg

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There are only 2 spots left now and they're for normal returning characters I.E. Balrog, Vega, Sagat, etc. Any hope for Alex and Urien are for DLC. Currently the only person left on the Alpha roster that hasn't been in SF4 and now SF5 is Sodom and even then I'm guessing he will be DLC. See the chart here.

lKe1FNi.jpg

But according to the Siliconera rumor, which has been proven right twice as of now, Alex and Urien are going to be in the initial roster as the last two veterans. With the New York Comic Con on the horizon, they may reveal Alex there, since he's from New York as well, after they reveal the mysterious Brazilian character this October.

DaHatMan

The Mad Hatter Extraordinaire
    Years
  • But according to the Siliconera rumor, which has been proven right twice as of now, Alex and Urien are going to be in the initial roster as the last two veterans. With the New York Comic Con on the horizon, they may reveal Alex there, since he's from New York as well, after they reveal the mysterious Brazilian character this October.

You could be right though honestly they don't really fit in the Classic Character category as much as they would the "Where have you been" category. However, knowing Capcom and Ono especially. They always like to do things like that.

Years
  • I'm going to guess who's the last 2 classic characters are. Dhalsim, and Sagat. I could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm excited about this game, since my characters are in the game. I'm still waiting for Ingrid and Maki (fingers crossed). I like the direction Capcom is going. Not adding clones, and making the characters unique.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm satisfied since Ken is one of my characters to use. If they add Guy or Cody then I'm even more happy lol.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • "Classic characters" doesn't really fit the description of any Street Fighter III characters, in my opinion. That game always felt like the "odd man out". I can see maybe Ibuki, Alex, or maybe Yun or Yang but none of the others. With Alpha 3 getting so much love, it would seem only fair to include a few SFIII characters but I think it's doubtful. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but with R. Mika's appearance, it would only seem logical that Zangief will be included in the starting roster as a "classic character".

I'm super excited about Mika's and Karin's appearance. I honestly thought they were "dead" characters that would never see the light of day again. I just hope they both play the same like they did in Alpha 3.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • RIP Green Hand.

But in return, the protector of the Russian skies gets super-armour, a focus attack, basically EX-Lariat, parry thing, and an air SPD. Gief is looking fine.

Arc

Years
  • So, I'm going to double post because y'know, news. About Ken Bogard's leak - which revealed sixteen characters, spring 2016 release, V-Trigger, and the four new characters (Zen, Rashid, Laura, and unknown boss = Necalli) - is confirmed true.

Spoiler:

Meet Laura!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Oh so she's the Brazilian character?

Disappointed that Zangief's appearance didn't change at all. Not even slightly.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So, I'm going to double post because y'know, news. About Ken Bogard's leak - which revealed sixteen characters, spring 2016 release, V-Trigger, and the four new characters (Zen, Rashid, Laura, and unknown boss = Necalli) - is confirmed true.

Spoiler:

Meet Laura!

If you're talking about this leak, then you should take it with a grain of salt, because 1) it's lacking Vega, who is in the roster, and 2) it has more than 16 fighters, which is the limit of the initial roster.

Arc

Years
  • If you're talking about this leak, then you should take it with a grain of salt, because 1) it's lacking Vega, who is in the roster, and 2) it has more than 16 fighters, which is the limit of the initial roster.
    That's not Ken Bogard's leak. He even said that one was fake.

- Time / Weather effects in stages
    - Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
    - Unreal Engine 4
    - The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
    - 16 characters
    - No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
    - The story mode will be way much better, they know they f***** up with sf4.
    - The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...
    This is his leak plus Zen, Laura, Rashid, and Necalli (well, he never mentioned Necalli, but whatever).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I never understood the belief that Necalli will be this game's final boss, because since SFII onwards, all of the final bosses (Bison, Gill, Seth) are fighters with unknown nationality, whereas Necalli has a known nationality (he's from an Aztec lineage, so he's from Central America).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Really wondering who's gonna be the last classic character. I'd like to say Sagat or Honda but iunno.

#WhensAkuma

It's most likely Balrog, because 1) he and Vega are always in the same roster together, and 2) we have yet to have a token boxer archetype in the game.

Anyways, the Laura trailer is finally out today:

What's up with Brazilians having the power of electricity?

Edit: And it got deleted...

Last edited:

Arc

Years

• I'm really liking at how the major tournaments are getting sound clips. It's not much, but it's cool that CPT is getting acknowledgement from the game itself.

Anyways, at this point, there isn't any surprises with the roster. If leaked files weren't enough, the sound clips pretty much cemented the character roster and future DLC. So, we're going to be seeing Mr. Banana Hammock again :D

Voice clips for the DLC characters (Urien, Alex, Guile, Boxer, Ibuki, and Juri) are at the end of the video.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm wondering why the audio files didn't say "Tut" despite being on the character data files.

Time to predict the next 6 DLC fighters (assuming that 6 is the maximum number). Akuma, Sakura, and Sean have to be obvious picks because of Ryu, Karin, and Laura respectively. The next three I'm guessing are Sagat, Q, and a newcomer.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Thank god for Guile and Balrog

Now we have the best charge characters. Poor Bipson was lonely. Frauds like Vega can stay motion, he's more fun now anyway.

Back