• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Pokémon Hangman!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
Mart, Mark, or Mary. Probably the second one. Hm. Thought of a word for the first blank. May or may not be an actual mark, though.

'K', please.

Years
'T', please.

two hits, but...

I guess "Jittery Mark" as the word.

correct!
A mark that grants a Pokemon the 'the Anxious' title.

(by the way are we allowed to use Bulbapedia/hangman tools to help, I've been using them because I didn't see them banned but I figured I should make sure)

There's no rules against it no. It can feel a bit cheap perhaps depending on your feelings towards the matter, but I'm personally fine with it.

Speaking of rules though, I just copied the original rules without a change when re-posting this to get rid of the lag back then, and feel like one of them needs a tweak:
"If the current host is inactive for at least two weeks, a new puzzle may be created. The first person who wishes to step in can become the new host."

Two weeks is too long of a wait imo. I feel like 1 week would be better? Dunno if there would be any objections to that change.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
Using Bulbapedia / Hangman tools: Does not mind if people use those. Personally avoids looking through Bulbapedia/Serebii too much. Relied on them heavily initially. Scrolled though all the items, abilities, moves, and so on looking for an answer. Proved effective, but not very fun. Checks specific guesses or spelling sometimes now, but not much beyond that.

Inactivity rule: Would be fine with a change to 1 week also.

Days
i don't have problem with hangman tools. Doesn't look to effect the game in bad way

i do think 2 week wait is good as is. Something unexpected could come up that takes a week to do. And other hosts could be too busy too.

Tho as thread owner you have final say i guess...

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I'm also for the rule being changed to 1 week. No opinion on using lookup stuff for the game. I just do like Devalue and do spellchecks and such, the one exception being if I think the answer is from something I know literally nothing about like the TCG, then I'll consider it, though I still rarely look stuff up even then out of laziness lol.

Days
I don't mind as such, but as everyone else had also stated, so the reason will be same. But I feel another thing here:

Scrolled though all the items, abilities, moves, and so on looking for an answer.

It seems too much of a work to me, where we only need to make an educated guess considering the length and bits of word-formation. And in my case searching on web is quite slower; old laptop + internet in forest !! 😅

I guess in one week rule, it should be adjusted to something middle ground; i.e 10 days. Because it might be possible someone may not be able to visit forum due to some personal issue or health condition. So keeping that in mind, 10-days looks somewhat optimal, although 1 week also looks good.

Years
Personally, I support keeping the 2 week rule, it doesn't seem to have caused many problems in the past and a week is a bit strict for my taste. I don't think someone should have their game taken away because they forgot to post for just 7 days. In any case, since I'm the new host, here's the new hangman!

_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _

Strikes: 0/8

Guesses: N/A

Back