• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Really? It didn't post? Damn.
    [Super]-Secret Bases!
    Okay, so we know that we see the person you are visiting's, secret pal. So do you think we can pick which ones people see when they come to our? This would make it more gym like.

I just read more about this in Pokebeach. You can visit some in their base and invite them back over to your own bases as 'Secret Pals' then they have the power to give you special skills such as allowing you to hatch your eggs faster, or leveling up a Pokemon by one level if your bases' level is high enough.

Years
  • I just read more about this in Pokebeach. You can visit some in their base and invite them back over to your own bases as 'Secret Pals' then they have the power to give you special skills such as allowing you to hatch your eggs faster, or leveling up a Pokemon by one level if your bases' level is high enough.

So I wonder how they will determine what Pokemon they will have. O.O
    I'm stupid tho, so it could be really simple.

Years
  • iirc, when you mixed records with others, the team used in your Secret Base was whatever Pokemon you had on you at the time. I would assume it'd be the same when you initially share information (you'd have to share it again or something for it to update, maybe?), though I can also see the games allowing you to set the Pokemon in your Battle Box as your desired team.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • iirc, when you mixed records with others, the team used in your Secret Base was whatever Pokemon you had on you at the time. I would assume it'd be the same when you initially share information (you'd have to share it again or something for it to update, maybe?), though I can also see the games allowing you to set the Pokemon in your Battle Box as your desired team.

I see the Battle box being used. Or maybe an option for either Current team or Battle Box team for us to put in our options list for secret bases.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Maybe the Secret Base will have a menu like the friend safari showing ll the secret base players that are in the same location.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm going to be cooler and have six Ludicolo. :V
    I could be a dick and have a legendary from each generation.

Or have six Unova legendaries and the other trainers have teams of other Unova Pokémon.

Or something like that for each generation.

I could really be a dick. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm thinking of using my team from the GC11 challenge. So that means Malamar, Seviper, Azumarill, Sceptile, Salamence, and Froslass. I'll have to make sure they maintain their movesets or, if leveled higher and can learn new moves, learn strategic new moves. Of course, if the level is lower (like Lv.50), I can adjust the movesets barring TMs.

Years
  • My initial teams'll probably consist of the ones I have planned for ORAS, though like I said earlier I'll either have a team consisting of six of the same Pokemon to help with EV Training or transfer my flawless IV/EV trained Pokemon and use them. If I go with the latter, it'll be on my OR and consist of Espeon, (Mega) Mawile, Talonflame/Volcarona (dunno which one I wanna use), Noivern, Bisharp, and Milotic.

Years
  • It was recently announced that it will be possible to make your Secret Base into a gym in ORAS. How will you make yours? What type will it be, what kind of obstacle course will it be, etc?

I think I will make a flying type gym, or an electric type gym.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, though there appeared to be some of the traps from the underground in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Never looked that much into the feature in RSE, so maybe those were already in the originals.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • My Gym Team:

My Drizzle Swim Team - Politoed, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Mega-Mawile

Plus - Kyogre, Arceus-Water

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not sure if anyone mentioned it, though there appeared to be some of the traps from the underground in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Never looked that much into the feature in RSE, so maybe those were already in the originals.

The closest things were the musical mats and the glitter mat, jump mat, and spin mat. If you're referring to the mats in this pic:

[Super]-Secret Bases!

The blue ones with the arrow are jump mats, the ones with the purple "x" glitter mats, and the yellow ones are spin mats.

Years
  • The closest things were the musical mats and the glitter mat, jump mat, and spin mat. If you're referring to the mats in this pic:

[Super]-Secret Bases!

The blue ones with the arrow are jump mats, the ones with the purple "x" glitter mats, and the yellow ones are spin mats.

Ah, I forgot about those, they reminded me of the trap, because of the symbols. The move up trap, etc.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gym without a doubt. Finally there will be a Dark-type Gym in a Pokemon game... sort of. ;) Really hope you can set the music for the interior and battles to add to the Gym feel.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    A Fighting Gym for sure! :D Would be great some kind of obstacles that require full determination, obstacles that makes you fall over and over, and, in order to have success, what only you need is your will and determination. Idk if this can be possible, but is great to have it in mind XD

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Fighting type gym baby! As for what I'd like, I think if I remember correctly, you could make secret bases in the side of mountains, so that's what I'll go with for mine. I really want to use trivia based gateways, so I hope they have those. All of my trivia questions will be centered around Dragon Ball Z. If they do this right it will be so much fun.

Years
  • I think I willmake a Ghost Gym. Ghost type Pokémon are my favorite mostly(Then water). This team will definitely need Gengar for focus blast to kill darks. However, since this will be Street pass, and I'm never going to meet the same person again likely, I will wait to do this.
    I might just add in a fighting type. xD

Back