• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    No, because someone noticed an indent in a wall in a early trailer, which confirmed there were secret bases. But we didn't know how they would work this time around, and it seems they've been filled with stuff (not just of the decoration sort!).

Not that it won't happen (because it's a common trend), but... why is that relevant? Because all those games still comfortably sold in the millions. ORAS selling a few million less than the 1st set of new-gen games isn't really much to worry about or really remark upon, imo. =/ Sales don't always reflect if a game is better...? I'm just confused.

That's true. Emerald and Platinum sold less than their primary pairs too yet are rated higher by fans (though not necessary official critics).

Of course, this is generation VI, they introduced wi-fi in Gen IV and since we haven't seen Hoenn since Emerald it's to be expected that they'll have large improvements since then. Now to see what they do with contests, and berry blending (the Pokeblock machine).

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    You could take all the stuff for Secret Bases and make PLAYER GYMs.

You choose the battle type, your LEADER Team of Pokemon. You recruit gym trainers with QR-codes and StreetPass - Cleverly arranging them in your Gym Space. All Battle could be set to Lv50 (as an option) so you can't out level the PLAYER GYM.

(not going to be in ORAS, but a level editor to design a gym puzzle)

Years
    I might use mine to help with EV training. If we're given the option to have Triples (which I assume we would), then I could catch six of the same Pokemon and use them for the gym. It reminds me of how someone I mixed records with in my Ruby had a team consisting of six Skitty. I wondered why they had such a team back then, but now I realized they likely used it for EV training, haha.

Years
    You could take all the stuff for Secret Bases and make PLAYER GYMs.

You choose the battle type, your LEADER Team of Pokemon. You recruit gym trainers with QR-codes and StreetPass - Cleverly arranging them in your Gym Space. All Battle could be set to Lv50 (as an option) so you can't out level the PLAYER GYM.

(not going to be in ORAS, but a level editor to design a gym puzzle)

I liked to pretend that I was a gym leader in Emerald with my secret base. I remember the Pokemon were the levels of our team at the time, meaning we could battle level 100 Pokemon. Wonder if they'll be like that, or have a limit, or even just a set level.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Eeeh I'm not really that fussed over Secret Bases, I found their presence in the originals to be quite boring and unnecessary imo. But now that we can properly visit others people's bases and battle them and such is a nice feature.

Not to mention the bonus's we get like faster egg hatching sounds brilliant. <3

Years
    Eeeh I'm not really that fussed over Secret Bases, I found their presence in the originals to be quite boring and unnecessary imo. But now that we can properly visit others people's bases and battle them and such is a nice feature.

Not to mention the bonus's we get like faster egg hatching sounds brilliant. <3

We could visit and battle them in the originals too, but given the limit that was the era without wi-fi it's sure to be used and known more this generation than in the original Gen III.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    We could visit and battle them in the originals too, but given the limit that was the era without wi-fi it's sure to be used and known more this generation than in the original Gen III.

We could? Oh well lol. I didn't really have a lot of people to link with so I didn't bother with it.

I'm just waiting for the Battle Frontier and Contest announcements tbh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Not that it won't happen (because it's a common trend), but... why is that relevant? Because all those games still comfortably sold in the millions. ORAS selling a few million less than the 1st set of new-gen games isn't really much to worry about or really remark upon, imo. =/ Sales don't always reflect if a game is better...? I'm just confused.
    Yeah. And besides the remakes are cheaper to produce since they have a large percentage of the leg work already done for them. They don't have to come up with as much new dialogue, the Pokemon models (Save for a few) are already done and rarin' to go, and the level building program they probably have is functioning. So the return in profits might be about the same as X and Y.

Years
    I have 4 questions. 1:What are those tent things in the secret bases?
    2:Why does the one secret base look like a Gym?
    3:How would you make a gym in your base?
    4: Can someone explain the QR code thing to me?

Years

I'm assuming you didn't play the original games as 1-3 were there xD.
    1. Those tents are tents. You get one depending on your game's color (RS) irc, or by choosing one (Emerald).
    2 and 3. You can choose to decorate your secret base as a gym. Those items were in the original. I decorated mine as a gym myself...wish I had more people to battle me...
    4. QR a code that you can use when lining up the camera with the code. I'm assuming they'll have the camera feature turn on and have us align it with the code squares. It'll allow you to copy the data on the code to your game. Thus far EO: Millennium Girl is the only game I've had that has used them, so I'm assuming they'll work like that.

Years

Most of those questions can be answered by reading this article, which introduces super secret bases. QR stands for 'Quick Response' Code and is a type of matrix barcode that efficiently stores data, allowing players to scan their friends codes, connect with each other and visit their bases.

Years
    I'm assuming you didn't play the original games as 1-3 were there xD.
    1. Those tents are tents. You get one depending on your game's color (RS) irc, or by choosing one (Emerald).
    2 and 3. You can choose to decorate your secret base as a gym. Those items were in the original. I decorated mine as a gym myself...wish I had more people to battle me...
    4. QR a code that you can use when lining up the camera with the code. I'm assuming they'll have the camera feature turn on and have us align it with the code squares. It'll allow you to copy the data on the code to your game. Thus far EO: Millennium Girl is the only game I've had that has used them, so I'm assuming they'll work like that.

I have played the original games. I just never seen any of this stuff. But what good is a gym with only one trainer. XD

Years
    I have played the original games. I just never seen any of this stuff. But what good is a gym with only one trainer. XD

Oh, well the Tent you got from the Trick Master, it was the last item you got from him after completing the final puzzle. I enjoyed collecting the items...I probably bought all of them. I'm ready to collect all the new one's now!

Years
    But what good is a gym with only one trainer. XD

Jasmine and Gen. II!Blaine would like to have a word with you.

I loved collecting the decorative items in RSE, and I think I might've even cheated a couple of times to get the Lilycove Dept. Store furniture shop so I could buy all the exclusive furniture from it, haha. I'll probably do the same in ORAS depending on how easily they can be acquired.

Years
    I don't even know how one could cheat to get them, other than hack the game with AR or something.
    I hope they have a lot of them at the department store, and also at the other places. Maybe the returning Pokemarts will sell secret base items :3

Years
    So, does anyone think that we might be able to make bases in new areas?
    I think an underwater base would be awesome.
    They could also possibly add spots on the ground where you cb make them so you have an underground secret base.
    Other than these two, I can't think of many more areas tho. But this would be awesome imo.

Years
    From the screenshots, it looks like there are lots of different terrains, but there wasn't any information regarding how many you could have at once in the article, or any obviously new areas. Would personally love to see an underwater one, that would be rad. *__* Especially because we're able to make them into gyms. This is awesome:

[Super]-Secret Bases!

That looks so authentic. Hats off to Game Freak for these improvements.

Years
    I found this out on Tumblr, but wow for Secret Bases not only returning but also getting improved upon. I guess so many older Pokemon fans will want to come back to the games now given there's even more customization for the Secret Bases this time around.

Still wondering which route I should stick mine in.

Years
    I wonder if they'll add more "traps" (well, special tiles) that can make progressing around Secret Bases more difficult, or have other items with certain effects. It'd be fun to make your own little puzzles to make your Secret Base more gym-like, haha. On a related note, I also wonder if they'll keep the max number of items you can place in your SB (i.e., 16) or if it'll be increased. If anything, I can see going up in rank increasing the number of items you can place, even if just by a little.

Years
    I wonder if they'll add more "traps" (well, special tiles) that can make progressing around Secret Bases more difficult, or have other items with certain effects. It'd be fun to make your own little puzzles to make your Secret Base more gym-like, haha. On a related note, I also wonder if they'll keep the max number of items you can place in your SB (i.e., 16) or if it'll be increased. If anything, I can see going up in rank increasing the number of items you can place, even if just by a little.

I counted and some of the secret bases have more than 16 items.

Back