• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Matt from YoVideogames posted a video about his impressions from Smash Bros. based on the demo (May contain language, just to be safe):

Do you happen to agree with him, or is he making a fool of himself?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Looks like I may have to wake up early to watch the reveal next Monday. Here's what I'm expecting the newcomer may be:

75% - 1/3 of the newcomers from the Gematsu Leak (Shulk, Chorus Kids, and Chrom)

20% - a newcomer that wasn't from the Gematsu Leak (crosses fingers for King K. Rool)

5% - Mewtwo (even though he's a cut veteran)

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Looks like I may have to wake up early to watch the reveal next Monday. Here's what I'm expecting the newcomer may be:

75% - 1/3 of the newcomers from the Gematsu Leak (Shulk, Chorus Kids, and Chrom)

20% - a newcomer that wasn't from the Gematsu Leak (crosses fingers for King K. Rool)

5% - Mewtwo (even though he's a cut veteran)
    Please be Chrom!

BOO! K.rool K.DROOLS!
    EDITED IN:
    Just being PUNny!

& I have been waiting for my invitation to join the roster...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm fairly certain it won't be Chrom since there's already the usual two token Fire Emblem characters.
    He's probably in what with the leak that's yet to be wrong. (And the Awakening stage and "hint" if you will.)

And lots of people that worked on Xenoblade (including one of the script writers) retweeted that announcement. Yeah, I'm betting on Shulk lol.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    He's probably in what with the leak that's yet to be wrong. (And the Awakening stage and "hint" if you will.)

And lots of people that worked on Xenoblade (including one of the script writers) retweeted that announcement. Yeah, I'm betting on Shulk lol.

I'm betting on Shulk as well, especially because of those retweets. I've wanted him in Smash 4 since its announcement, and I will be a happy camper if they reveal him.

still wishing for Ghirahim too

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I never played Xenoblade before, but I think Shulk might be a possibility, hearing from some cue from Xenoblade staff retweets and all. And is it just me, or I see that in the eShop in 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is shortened into just Super Smash Bros., I just noticed this yesterday. Could this mean that the announcement will reveal the revised name of the 4th Smash game too? (fingers crossed)

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    I never played Xenoblade before, but I think Shulk might be a possibility. And is it just me, or I see that in the eShop in 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is shortened into just Super Smash Bros., I just noticed this yesterday. Could this mean that the announcement will reveal the revised name of the 4th Smash game too? (fingers crossed)

I actually think what we have now is the final name.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS
    Super Smash Bros for Wii U

"Super Smash Bros 4 3DS"
    "Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U"

It's a play on words. xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh.....but that's so dumb, a play on words. And a bit of a mouthful. SSBM and SSBB were easy because you could just call them Melee and Brawl. What're we gonna call this one?

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Oh.....but that's so dumb, a play on words. And a bit of a mouthful. SSBM and SSBB were easy because you could just call them Melee and Brawl. What're we gonna call this one?

Smash 4? but i agree, it was a lot more fun with them having fight names like Melee and Brawl and i'm sad they didn't continue the theme.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Smash 4? but i agree, it was a lot more fun with them having fight names like Melee and Brawl and i'm sad they didn't continue the theme.

Smash 4 sounds pretty catchy, in my opinion! I'm on the same boat here; it's indeed sad to see that go. There aren't much fighting terms out there, though, so I could see why they would decide to drop it. Might be a little early, but still understandable.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I could roll with calling it Smash 4 though. Better than saying "Smash Bros for the 3DS/WiiU" all the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I could roll with calling it Smash 4 though. Better than saying "Smash Bros for the 3DS/WiiU" all the time.

At some point, I could see people calling Wii U version something along the lines of "Smash 4 U."

… Okay, that sounds pretty terrible. Maybe I should stop giving them ideas, haha.

MisterD

Heeey, Nathaaaan. I finally got my...Inclement Wea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Anybody play some Smash Bros. here? I usually play Melee and I main as Ganon, Young Link, Pichu, Zelda, Ness, Donkey Kong and Roy. Back when I played Brawl it was Ness, Snake, Jigglypuff and Waro.

this was bumped to the smash thread so me asking that question is kinda weird lol.

But yeah, I kinda thought Rayman was going to be announced as a newcomer when it was revealed that he was a trophy but that would ruin the surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Nah

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Really loving the whole roster right now. A lot of awesome, new additions I'm excited to play as.

The Villager, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mega-Man, Lucina. Gonna be an awesome game and we're still a few months away from a release, so I guarantee there's a few more surprises for the fans coming up.

Back