• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    Wouldn't it of been cool if they put a older pokemon in as an additional trophy that mega evolved that hasn't been confirmed yet?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I spoiled my self but I'm happy to finally play as my favorite pokemon!! Lucario!

I'm personally curious how Shulk or Robin would play.
    Lucina will probably be one of my best, seeing as Marth's range got decreased, which is what made Marth so strong.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    I'm personally curious how Shulk or Robin would play.
    Lucina will probably be one of my best, seeing as Marth's range got decreased, which is what made Marth so strong.

Sadly I'm not into Fire Emblem I tried it and it was fun but I guess I couldn't really get into it, but I do love Marth from Super Smash Bros Melee.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It appears that Mii Spellcaster is the ideal Mii Fighter Class to be added, and I can see why. There aren't that many fighter classes with their own categories, because they still fall under Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    3 days guys! I can almost taste it...

Anybody going to a midnight release? The GameStop I preordered from isn't sure they're doing one yet. What about you guys?

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Nah, I'm not gonna go a midnight release. I need my beauty sleep IDK if our local Gamestop is even doing that, and I'm sure that there'll be copies left for me to grab later in the day. As excited as I am for this, I can wait a few extra hours to get it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    When I just pre-ordered OmegaRuby at my retailer, the cassier mistook my order for Smash Bros. She said: "I think we already have that game in stock, its release date is October right?". I said no it's November.
    She then checked the drawer with all the game cd's. She then said: "Oh I mistook your order for Smash Bros. We already have those."

So I could actually buy Smash Bros 3DS 2 days prior its release date, but since I don't want to throw away all my money I didn't buy it. Retailers are already selling these games before the official street release date. I actually felt kind off special I could buy a game early and be that guy who posts pictures of gameplay on post them and Reddit :p

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I believe my brother already preordered the game at Gamestop, and he wants us to drive over there Friday morning. I'm still deciding on whether I should buy a physical copy or a digital copy, because I don't know how many blocks the digital copy will take on my SD card, which isn't that much. I also want to know if the coins you've obtained from the demo will be transferred to the full game.

Oh, and some guys were able to create an unofficial tier list of the full roster; you'll be quite surprised with the positions: https://i.imgur.com/xbJcEkq.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Over here it's technically 2 more days seeing as it gets released at around midday on friday, and no doesn't count as a day anymore, as it's 1 hour until midnight XD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, and some guys were able to create an unofficial tier list of the full roster; you'll be quite surprised with the positions: https://i.imgur.com/xbJcEkq.png
    Huh, would you look at that. I'm rather surprised that Yoshi of all characters made it to the top of the list. And I gotta love how all but 2 of the characters I wanna play as the most are D or E rank. Also lol @ Meta Knight dropping from top tier to mid-tier.

But I never really understood tiering in fighting games.....

BrandoSheriff

Years
    I believe my brother already preordered the game at Gamestop, and he wants us to drive over there Friday morning. I'm still deciding on whether I should buy a physical copy or a digital copy, because I don't know how many blocks the digital copy will take on my SD card, which isn't that much. I also want to know if the coins you've obtained from the demo will be transferred to the full game.

I heard that the game is 2.1 GB, so you'd definitely need a big SD card to store that. And from what I've been gathering, you can transfer gold from the demo, but only 500G worth of it. Anything else is a no-go.

Tier lists always confuse me, as I usually find characters in lower tiers to be pretty good, like Samus (my main), R.O.B, and Luigi. But I guess it's cool, as I have been wanting to attempt maining Greninja and Duck Hunt Dog.

Also: 2 DAYS LEFT!!! :D

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's the closest thing to an official tier list since it's actually based on tournament results lol.

Based on impressions I read about this tier list from people who did play the game though, it doesn't seem that inaccurate...for now, that is. I do feel like Falco, Bowser Jr, WFT and Mario are un explored and underrated, though.
    But I never really understood tiering in fighting games.....
    They're not rankings based on how good a character is, they're rankings based on a character's tournament results. The better the results, the higher the character. Of course you could look at it as a ranking of characters' strengths, but there's a significant difference. Tier lists are important in the tournament scene as a result.

Either way, we don't have that much sufficient tournament data right now. The tier list imo isn't too OFF for now though. Yoshi is actually pretty safe as hell and his major problems from previous game (TERRIBLE out of shield options, no shield jump, bad KO power and laggy moves) are all fixed. Robin on the other hand I heard is actually really slow and has no options up close, which is a big disadvantage.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I
    They're not rankings based on how good a character is, they're rankings based on a character's tournament results. The better the results, the higher the character. Of course you could look at it as a ranking of characters' strengths, but there's a significant difference. Tier lists are important in the tournament scene as a result.
    I'm sorry, but....I still don't quite get it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I heard that the game is 2.1 GB, so you'd definitely need a big SD card to store that. And from what I've been gathering, you can transfer gold from the demo, but only 500G worth of it. Anything else is a no-go.
    My SD Card currently has 3,287 blocks left; would that still be enough for a digital download?

Tier lists always confuse me, as I usually find characters in lower tiers to be pretty good, like Samus (my main), R.O.B, and Luigi. But I guess it's cool, as I have been wanting to attempt maining Greninja and Duck Hunt Dog.

It's ironic that Palutena, a goddess mind you, is worse than Pit, who is her errand boy. Maybe that's suppose to reflect the fact that Pit has killed gods before. It saddens me that my Brawl mains are low tier now.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Gah. 1 more day to the release and I still don't have the money to buy this game. Is there no promotion for when you buy one cartridge you get a free full-game code for you to play with a friend? :')

It's interesting on how all 5 of the characters available in the demo are at the mid-low tiers. Also WiiFit Trainer is at the bottom I expected that

I think I have enough blocks to get Smash into my SD card though. I only have Battle Trozei and PokeBank downloaded after all (because getting funds is hard for me), so there's still like 10k blocks left.

BrandoSheriff

Years
    My SD Card currently has 3,287 blocks left; would that still be enough for a digital download?

Ah, I just finished looking that up, and it appears that the game is actually 1.2 GB. However, this is still a large number, which equates to around 9,320 blocks, so you'd have to get another SD card if you want to download digitally.

I think I have enough blocks to get Smash into my SD card though. I only have Battle Trozei and PokeBank downloaded after all (because getting funds is hard for me), so there's still like 10k blocks left.

Yep, you still have a good amount of space for Smash. :D
    Though you'll most likely need another SD card after a while when you download it.

Also:

(...or however many hours until midnight for you guys xD)

Back