• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Well, I see several playthroughs of 3DS Smash before I bought it, and I see that some players in the YouTube already got intensity 7.0-8.0 chosen by default instead of 2.0 in my case, that's why I was wondering. And recently I make my highest score at Target Blast yet (I think 203700 is high enough), when using Kirby.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    So I just my copy of the game, and it made me download an update. But....what exactly is the update for?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    For better online play, or to play online in general.
    An update was needed so I have the ability to play online? Eh, whatever.

Anyway, been playing and....I think it's gonna take me a while to get used to the game. Or I played to much Mario in the demo. Robin is pretty slow. Not like I was expecting her to be fast, since Marth and Lucina are the speedy FE characters here. And the problem isn't so much that she's slow, it's that she's slow AND is short-ranged outside of magic. I was expecting the swords to reach a little farther. But whatever, I'LL MAKE IT ****ING WORK. At least the Thunder spells charge in the same manner as Lucario's Aura Sphere; I was afraid that they'd be more like Greninja's Water Shuriken. So Thoron is beastly at least.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I was supposed to get my copy by preorder to assure playing on release day.
    Go to the store that presumably has the copy
    "Sorry, something went wrong with the orders. First copy we'll get is next week".
    *RAGE INTENSIFIES*

Thank god there was another store that DID have it on shelves <.<"

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Anyone playing vs battles, can you tell me how to turn off those Caution: "Player" got an Upgrade! prompts that appear in a yellow bar on the bottom screen?

Years
    Finally got my copy! Anyone want to do 1v1 feel free to add me. Lag with anymore then 2 players is unreal. Even just 2 players can get bad. Was hoping it would be better.

Code:
    0103-9264-5483

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My brother and I were first in line at our Gamestop to buy our copies this morning. A lot of my brother's college classmates, as well as one of PC's fellow mods, Megan, were in line as well. I've recently unlocked my Brawl main, R.O.B., but I still need to unlock Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, and Jigglypuff. I have a geometry test coming up next week, but Smash Bros. has been stealing much of my precious time to study.

Starry Windy

Years
    Speaking of being first, I was one of the first to download it via eShop as well.

Anyone playing vs battles, can you tell me how to turn off those Caution: "Player" got an Upgrade! prompts that appear in a yellow bar on the bottom screen?

From what I guess, you must be playing in Find Mii stage, eh? Its Omega mode turns the yellow upgrade notice off, but it gives Final Destination feel to it. I'm not sure how to turn it off without going Omega atm, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Speaking of being first, I was one of the first to download it via eShop as well.

From what I guess, you must be playing in Find Mii stage, eh? Its Omega mode turns the yellow upgrade notice off, but it gives Final Destination feel to it. I'm not sure how to turn it off without going Omega atm, though.

Oh so it was a stage gimmick, gotcha. Now I'm stressing out unlocking Flat Zone 2 cause I have to do all 35 challenges. The last one I need to to unlock Mii outfits which are all randomized drops in Classic Mode and Smash Run and other minigames. >.>

Starry Windy

Years
    I still have 4 challenges left for me to do, like Trophy Rush, Smash Run powers and stuffs.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My brother and I were first in line at our Gamestop to buy our copies this morning. A lot of my brother's college classmates, as well as one of PC's fellow mods, Megan, were in line as well. I've recently unlocked my Brawl main, R.O.B., but I still need to unlock Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, and Jigglypuff. I have a geometry test coming up next week, but Smash Bros. has been stealing much of my precious time to study.

Will confirm this! We both went to the same Gamestop this morning :D

I unlocked Ness earlier today, and I missed out in unlocking Falco. Hopefully I'll get to encounter him soon, because I got distracted and he was really quick for my Pikachu.

Been playing the game all freaking day, and going to play some more because aaaah addicting. <3

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Damn guys, I got too many monetary problems in my hand, and the demo isn't satisfying enough for me to withstand another month before I can finally get the money to buy Smash. ;_;

And I was so looking forward to my first Smash game, since I've never owned a console that any Smash games was released at... :'<

I'm going to run out of demo tries before I'll finally be able to buy this game ahaha.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    After playing Super Smash Bros for 3DS yesterday, I am loving it. For character unlocks, I have unlocked Ness and Falco. Of those two, Ness took me more than one attempt. As for the challenges, I have completed fourteen of them. Of the new Pokeball Pokemon, I have seen at least a dozen of them. Plus Greninja certainly has become my new main.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Unlocking Mii outfits to get a stage is the most tedious and stupid way of unlocking something. Sigh... I wish I hadn't wasted my golden hammers if I knew the other challenges were gonna be so easy to complete. This one is all luck based and I hate luck based stuff.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Unlocking Mii outfits to get a stage is the most tedious and stupid way of unlocking something. Sigh... I wish I hadn't wasted my golden hammers if I knew the other challenges were gonna be so easy to complete. This one is all luck based and I hate luck based stuff.

I actually finished that challenge quite easily when I played Classic Mode. Continuously picking custom parts in the roulette may give Mii outfits.

As for me, I have since completed the roster, found a new main in Duck Hunt, and finished 34/35 challenges on the first board. I just have the one where you have to collect 10 types of Smash Run powers. Speaking of Smash Run, that's definitely one of the most fun modes in the game. Sort of reminds me of SSE's Great Maze. I'm also missing one stage: Flatzone 2. But apparently you get that once you finish the first challenge board.

Also, did anyone else encounter Master Core yet? He's pretty interesting.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I was able to unlock all characters last night, so now I'm trying out the challenges to try unlock Flat Zone 2.
    Also, did anyone else encounter Master Core yet? He's pretty interesting.
    I was only able to beat him once at intensity 7.0, but I but lost to him twice at 7.5 until I quit to restart Classic Mode.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Like I said, it's all luck based. I'm always getting the custom icon in the roulette and even in Smash Run but I keep getting custom moves or Mii equipment instead of outfits. I only ever gotten 1 outfit out of it. x.x

I have everything except Flat Zone 2 unlocked so that's good!

Back