• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I love that Lucina is in the game. It would be nice if she had some unique attacks, or a unique final smash. (Time Portal opens up and a dozen Lucinas jump out to attack.)

The alternative would be Chrom, because there aren't enough Male Swordsmen with Blue Hair in Smash yet. (In Fire Emblem you only have one at a time)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I wholeheartedly disagree sir. Link is (not by far) the worst character in the demo. The autoblock with the shield? Yeah that was in Brawl as well and guess where Link was on the tier list? The literal bottom. They didn't change much about him aside from his now laggy, but kill-potent dash attack as well as faster rolls. His recovery isn't much better at all and the grab on whiff is still the worst in the game. Link should have his own tier because it's always "linked" to the bottom of the tier listing....

He's actually the second best character in the demo (the first being Mario). I tried him out myself, and I tend to win battles against 9 CPUs most of the time.

The alternative would be Chrom, because there aren't enough Male Swordsmen with Blue Hair in Smash yet. (In Fire Emblem you only have one at a time)

And yet Fire Emblem fans in the Smash community don't want Chrom, because there would be too many blue-haired swordsmen in the roster and would wrongly represent their series as a whole to casual audiences.

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    Eh like I said, I didn't play brawl much, so I wouldn't know. I somehow manage to come out first even against level 8 CPU's when it comes to link, but never with anyone else but the villager, so either I lucked out or I know what I'm doing.
    Unfortunately, ranking against CPUs isn't a standard for the potential of a character. I 1v1 a lot at school and my friends and I have put together a little tier listing of our own (tourneyfags, what do you expect haha) and concluded that Villager is god tier and Link is.... Link tier.

Anyone can do awesome against CPUs.

He's actually the second best character in the demo (the first being Mario). I tried him out myself, and I tend to win battles against 9 CPUs most of the time.
    Yeah Mario is definitely up there in the tier, but Villager still beats him pretty bad. That Gyroid rocket and slingshot just shut Mario down. It's difficult to get close to Villager when he's in the right hands.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

And yet Fire Emblem fans in the Smash community don't want Chrom, because there would be too many blue-haired swordsmen in the roster and would wrongly represent their series as a whole to casual audiences.

I really wish that the included a Pegasus Knight (Cordelia or Sumia) as well as Lucina and Robin, but people are already complaining that there are too many Fire Emblem characters in the game. I think having a character that used a lance would be really cool and interesting, and their final smash could be really different too. Like you said, it would represent the series better.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ya know, I went and played a couple rounds of Brawl yesterday....and holy **** does it feel so much different from Smash 4.

Also, does anyone know what Arceus does? I've had one pop out of a PokeBall/Master Ball like 5 times now and I don't get what it does.

And the game's NA release is less than a week away and I'm starting to have a hard time waiting!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Ya know, I went and played a couple rounds of Brawl yesterday....and holy **** does it feel so much different from Smash 4.

Also, does anyone know what Arceus does? I've had one pop out of a PokeBall/Master Ball like 5 times now and I don't get what it does.

And the game's NA release is less than a week away and I'm starting to have a hard time waiting!

lol, I actually played Brawl on Thursday with some friends, and I failed so much since I was so used to Smash 4's mechanics. xD

And Arceus uses Gravity, which is basically a free meteor smash. Throw someone off the stage while Arceus is out, and they'll plummet to the bottom. Easy kill. :D

Something silly: Arceus was the first Poke Ball Pokemon I encountered. xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    And Arceus uses Gravity, which is basically a free meteor smash. Throw someone off the stage while Arceus is out, and they'll plummet to the bottom. Easy kill. :D

Something silly: Arceus was the first Poke Ball Pokemon I encountered. xD
    Ooooooh, that's what it does. I thought that they'd make it use Judgment or something, not Gravity.

Arceus was my first PokeBall Pokemon too. It's actually appeared more than any other Pokemon in the demo so far. Kinda wonder if that was done on purpose or if I have strange ass luck....

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Man oh man can't I wait.
    Basically, this is a dream coming true;

Portable smash bros.
    Portable. Freaking. Smash bros.

Played the Demo (got the special demo) and already plunged 10 hours into it (with reboots and all)
    I'm hooked to this game, even if 5 characters are unlocked XD

Should I make a thread for people to exchange friend codes and play with each other on release day?

Years
    Man oh man can't I wait.
    Basically, this is a dream coming true;

Portable smash bros.
    Portable. Freaking. Smash bros.

Played the Demo (got the special demo) and already plunged 10 hours into it (with reboots and all)
    I'm hooked to this game, even if 5 characters are unlocked XD

Should I make a thread for people to exchange friend codes and play with each other on release day?

Don't worry there will for sure be events/tournaments and the sort :)

I would love to do a Mii tournament...or at the very least a Mii design contest(s).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Has anyone ran across this rumor before? Apparently it's given a bit of credibility, because one of the stages it listed was a Game & Wario stage, and we've got a Game & Wario stage, which is currently being called "Gamer" possibly because Wario hasn't been officially revealed yet, on Friday's Pic of the Day.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Has anyone ran across this rumor before? Apparently it's given a bit of credibility, because one of the stages it listed was a Game & Wario stage, and we've got a Game & Wario stage, which is currently being called "Gamer" possibly because Wario hasn't been officially revealed yet, on Friday's Pic of the Day.

When I first saw it, I wanted it to be true so bad. I mean, I still do, but the one thing that stands out is the Wii U version having all characters and stages unlocked from the beginning, which I find weird. Everything else is something I definitely want, especially Ridley that Tower of Smash mode. And that Game & Wario stage picture from Friday most definitely gives the rumor a little more legitimacy.

eh, I'm still on the fence about this one. xD

Years
    Ooh, I like the idea of Nimbasa City...
    And Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo and Ridley!

I will just assume it is not true so I don't get my hopes up.

(and Impa doesn't seem like a realistic choice, though I'd love to see here on the roster.)

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Those rumours sound really cool, however I'm not sure if they're legit or not. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I dunno, I kinda find the rumors unlikely to be true. Why would the WiiU version have all the stages and characters unlocked from the very beginning? Part of the fun of Smash is unlocking all the characters and stages, and we do have a pretty good starting roster for both characters and stages this time around. Not to mention it's a slap in the face to the people who get the 3DS version of the game who have to unlock stuff.

Some of the stuff I can believe, like the Tower of Smash thing or how linking between the 3DS and WiiU versions allows transfer custom part/characters and stuff. I know we've had a couple of times where these rumors turn out to be spot on, but you can't really assume that for all of them. Some of them have to crap. I think it's just some people desperately hoping for something that's probably not gonna happen.

Though maybe Nintendo could hurry up a bit and confirm some more things for us, since the 3DS version's release is just 5 days away.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The rumor sounds pretty sweet but I won't get my hopes up. I'm more impatient about the 5 remaining days till Smash! x.x

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ooh, I like the idea of Nimbasa City...
    And Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo and Ridley!
    Excuse me you left out the best character.
    Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Well, since I already watched a couple of livestreams from people who have the japanese game I already know what's coming.

Of course I won't spoil what's gonna happen >: D

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    Well, since I already watched a couple of livestreams from people who have the japanese game I already know what's coming.

Of course I won't spoil what's gonna happen >: D

I spoiled my self but I'm happy to finally play as my favorite pokemon!! Lucario!

Years
    5 days left!

I can't wait to go mii crazy. I just wish there was a spellcasting class but it looks like the gunner projectiles have certain custom attacks that look spell based so I might be able to do a Buffy ensemble with Willow.

Buffy can be all three, Willow/Giles can be gunners depending upon the outfit of the weapon, Angel is definitely a sword fighter, Spike is a brawler, and I will throw in Cordelia, uh she can...not sure.

Okay, so which mii fighter class would you like to add, if you were able to?

I will go with spellcaster/summoner.

I'd also like to see a dancer sort of class.

Back