• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    On Custom Characters (Mii's) and Equipment: Which stats are more important?

Speed seems to give me the best results. Even at -50 attack it doesn't feel like you are loosing a lot. And having +50~ speed is insane. Your jumps are higher, and you can sprint the entire stage in seconds.

What can of set-up to use on your Miis?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    On the paths in Classic - you can pause while walking up to a crossroads (not that it goes fast anyways) to see which opponent's on each path, AND - if there's trophies on any particular path. Which, there will be trophies on some paths on occasion. More coins too. Some paths get more coins.

On juggling, yeah kinda - smash has always had chain moves / combos though, even since 64 + Melee days. I just thank the lord there's not a launch delay on hits like Brawl. It bothered me so much you could hit someone after hitting them but before a launch from the first attack. :I And slipping. Lol thank you Inkay for the brawl jokes.

Reactions: Nah

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I got the 3DS version of Smash Bros. for me and my cousin and we've been enjoying it. I mainly use Greninja and Meta Knight, but I use Little Mac, the Mii Swordfighter and Captain Falcon sometimes. I play Solo on random to try out the different characters.

So far, I've unlocked Ness, Falco, Wario, Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. I had to get my cousin to help me unlock Dark Pit earlier, though.

As for the Mii fighters, me and my cousin agreed to make fighters based on South Park characters. I made Cartman and Stan as the gunner and sword fighter, respectively, while my cousin made Kenny and Kyle gunners.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    What does everyone think of the character customization? On one hand, I think it's a great idea to spice up all the characters a bit and even have a chance at patching up their weaknesses, but on the other, I kinda don't wanna use it too much because I don't wanna get too used to my characters being customized and then having that screw me up in a fight where you can't use custom stuff.

Also, I had a question. Do the different colors for the paths in Classic mode mean anything? Or are they literally just different colored paths?

The colored paths are difficulty levels within a difficulty level. Green is easy fights, blue is medium, red is hard.
    Wether you encounter Master core depends on level and paths taken.

Also, I suggest you try sonic with 3 rare agility badges, lots of speed powerups in Smash Run.
    It's too funny to see his legs just jerk up and down xD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I haven't unlocked many things, I've just been focusing on practicing the character I've liked the most: Toon Link. I've beaten Classic on 7.0 difficulty with Toon Link, my best yet.

Anyone know if customization can affect Classic mode? I see it has the wrench option, but it doesn't use my custom moveset and stuff.

edit: I don't know how I did it..but I randomly scored 201k in Target Blast...

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I haven't unlocked many things, I've just been focusing on practicing the character I've liked the most: Toon Link. I've beaten Classic on 7.0 difficulty with Toon Link, my best yet.

Anyone know if customization can affect Classic mode? I see it has the wrench option, but it doesn't use my custom moveset and stuff.

edit: I don't know how I did it..but I randomly scored 201k in Target Blast...
    You can use custom stuff for Classic. You have to tap the wrench first to enable customs, then select your character.

I don't understand Target Blast. Did it twice and was like "it looks like a mix of Home Run Contest and Angry Birds". But it seems kinda luck based; just slam the bomb and hope for the best?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    You can use custom stuff for Classic. You have to tap the wrench first to enable customs, then select your character.

I don't understand Target Blast. Did it twice and was like "it looks like a mix of Home Run Contest and Angry Birds". But it seems kinda luck based; just slam the bomb and hope for the best?

So you simply just need to click custom before you choose your character? That's weird, but thanks. Haha.

Yeah..it seems completely random..most of the times the bomb goes straight for the bottom..but when I got 201k it flew at a 90 degree angle and hit a bomb box.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I admit that last night, for the unlockable characters I have left to obtain, two of them switched around on me. After failing again for getting R.O.B., I decided to do Classic mode again, so I could attempt to beat him again after clearing it. That was not what happened, instead I ended up doing my first attempt to get Ganondorf.

As for my Mii Fighters, I have them set up with the following:
    Mii Brawler - Defense and Speed
    Mii Gunner - Attack and Defense
    Mii Swordfighter - Speed

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I haven't customized my Mii Fighters' stats, but I do so to some of my mains, like Link, Kirby and Lucina. Usually I prioritize to more Attacks, or even Defense, because Speed doesn't quite matter for me atm.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I'm probably the only one, but I don't feel right playing as Mii characters in this game.

It feels like playing a DBZ game as a random guy with a gun.

By the way, anyone know if the villager can pocket a fire blast from mega charizard? I've been meaning to try it against my friend who mains charizard, but I always wimp out in the end.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm probably the only one, but I don't feel right playing as Mii characters in this game.

This. Even though I have tried to use some of my favorite characters of a certain action show to become my Mii Fighter, I feel like it's not quite right too, so it's not just you.

By the way, anyone know if the villager can pocket a fire blast from mega charizard? I've been meaning to try it against my friend who mains charizard, but I always wimp out in the end.

And I have tried using Villager to test it out in Training mode, and apparently he can't pocket the Mega Charizard's Fire Blast. It's just too powerful to be pocketed :(

EDIT: Recently I upped my Classic mode's intensity to 2.1, and I beat Master Hand successfully without losing a life as Lucina. (I do ante up her attack and defense stats for this) I think it's quite good, considering I was always losing one when battling against him (even at Intensity 0.0) until now.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    EDIT: Recently I upped my Classic mode's intensity to 2.1, and I beat Master Hand successfully without losing a life as Lucina. (I do ante up her attack and defense stats for this) I think it's quite good, considering I was always losing one when battling against him (even at Intensity 0.0) until now.

Ok, I find losing a life against Master Hand at Intensity 0.0 to be embarrassing. Intensity 0.0. is the easiest difficulty of Classic mode. As for myself, when it comes to Classic Mode, I never go higher than Intensity 3.0. The reason why I did it at Intensity 3.0 at least once is because one of the challenges required doing Classic Mode at that Intensity.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    And here I thought regularly doing Classic on ~7.0 wasn't all that amazing....

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Intensity 5.8 is the best I could do at the moment. I unlocked everything so I'm no longer touching classic mode.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    I'm in the process of beating Classic Mode with every character, and I'm playing on Intensity 7.0. It's started to become pretty easy to beat on 7.0, so I'm thinking of upping it to 8.0 later on, and then 9.0, since apparently there's a challenge for doing that.

Also, does anyone know if I have to beat Classic Mode as the 7 Koopalings and Alph also to get their trophies?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Also, does anyone know if I have to beat Classic Mode as the 7 Koopalings and Alph also to get their trophies?
    Probably not, since there's no separate trophies for male and female Robin. When you beat Classic with Robin, it's a trophy of the male one you get, regardless of which gender you played as. Although the Koopalings and Alph are technically their own characters and not just a different gender of the same character. Might as well try clearing Classic with a Koopaling and see what happens.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I beat Master Core at 5.6 today. Didn't lose once. It was glorious! Anyone else hate the difficulty drop when you lose?

Oh I was using Link btw. And I won a Smash Run as Falco. They're both awesome!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The lag online mode has is getting really annoying.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Probably not, since there's no separate trophies for male and female Robin. When you beat Classic with Robin, it's a trophy of the male one you get, regardless of which gender you played as. Although the Koopalings and Alph are technically their own characters and not just a different gender of the same character. Might as well try clearing Classic with a Koopaling and see what happens.

And just this morning, I found both a Ludwig and Alph trophy in the shop. Mystery solved. xD

And you get a trophy of the female Robin when you beat All-Star. Not sure about other characters with alts like Wii Fit Trainer, but I guess it happens for them too.

I beat Master Core at 5.6 today. Didn't lose once. It was glorious! Anyone else hate the difficulty drop when you lose?

Oh I was using Link btw. And I won a Smash Run as Falco. They're both awesome!

Hey, same here! He usually takes a life from me, most often during his clone form. I was using Toon Link though. xD

Back