• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Hey guys, Sakurai has confirmed in an interview that Roy, Lucas, and Ryu were in development before the smash ballot was started. He also stated that he plans to release several more smash bros characters, and has gotten a lot of votes for the smash ballot.

Speaking of which, who dud you vote for on the smash ballot (if you had). I voted for Isaac (kinda hastily).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I voted for King K. Rool, because we need a new DK rep and a new heavyweight character. I hope the second winner of the ballot is also the Inkling, now that Splatoon content has been added onto Smash.

Years
    There was an article on r/smashbros where Sakurai said the rest of the DLC characters will be fan service, so basically whatever gets the most support on the ballot. If K. Rool does well in the ballot, then it's safe to assume he has a good chance. I have no idea how the ballot is going though. I wonder who has the most votes.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Every character is fanservice, the only exception is WFT. (Who now has a fan following because of Smash) That's the premise of the whole game. Sakurai didn't even mention the ballot in that article. My friends who translated the interview said their estimate is around 2-3 planned characters.

Years
    Then there would be no point to the ballot. Considering it as irrelevant is a ridiculous idea. I don't care about it personally but it's there for a reason.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Then there would be no point to the ballot. Considering it as irrelevant is a ridiculous idea. I don't care about it personally but it's there for a reason.
    Yes. Marketing. It's all a clever way to generate interest into DLC, and no matter which character ends up in we'll never know who really won the ballot since they can just claim whatever character won and they'll buy it.

Look at all the people that thought Ryu and Roy were the ballot winners. It's so easy. lmao

Years
    I think you're being a tad bit too cynical about it. The ballot is to gauge and generate interest in what characters people want the most, that's what voting is all about. If K. Rool gets the most votes then they have no reason to ignore that, he'd at least be heavily considered.

I don't think we're going to agree on this, you think they're just tricking their audience and I think they're finding out what characters are in the highest demand. The people who thought Ryu/Roy were ballot winners are morons, the ballot isn't even over and won't be for another three months.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Pinkie and I had a brief conversation about this over in the Smash Bros Fan Club. Basically my thoughts on the ballot are:

Nah said:
    The decision is still ultimately up to him (Sakurai) and the Smash 4 dev team. Just because 2 particular characters get the most votes/requests doesn't necessarily mean he's obligated to put those 2 in. Like, let's say that King K. Rool and Wolf get the most votes. Sakurai could still be like "lol no I'ma put in these 2 characters instead", and there's nothing anyone can really do about it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's pretty amazing how online play skews characters' strengths and weaknesses.

Wario is god damn terrible with any sort of input latency, despite being a top character. He's a character that capitalizes on small opportunities and turns them into big one, but because of his small range a high degree of precision is required to be any good with him. But what's the point of precise spacing and footsies if input lag makes me one frame off and makes me end up losing? Not to mention one of his best move, waft, is kinda useless when the only way I can hit with it in WiFi is with a hard read.

Meanwhile Yoshi who is mediocre ends up being godlike because his lack of neutral and footsies just don't matter in even the littlest lag. He can spam moves without any repercussions because the input lag makes punishing him just impossible with his air speed on top. He gets away with so much shit it's ridiculous.

I'm trying to justify playing online anymore.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is there always input lag online? I have plenty of matches that don't have any noticeable framerate issues or aren't choppy but sometimes I wonder if there's still always something there. At the very least inputting Dancing Blade seems to usually be less smooth online than it is offline.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Is there always input lag online? I have plenty of matches that don't have any noticeable framerate issues or aren't choppy but sometimes I wonder if there's still always something there. At the very least inputting Dancing Blade seems to usually be less smooth online than it is offline.
    Yeah. There's always input lag regardless of how good the connection is and how smooth it feels, that's how it is for online. It's not framerate issues anywho, it's input latency. It makes punishes and reactions just kinda pointless since the game doesn't register your inputs right as you do them.

1 frame latency can be incredibly noticeable. Often times when I use a move that should punish, it gets PERFECT shielded and I end up screwed. The input lag made the whole thing a few frames off and I got punished for doing what I should be doing.

Online is fine but I pray you're not using Wario, Greninja or Pikachu lol.

Back