• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I have no idea how Ryu works. Playing him like a Street Fighter character doesn't work. Playing him like a Smash Bros character doesn't work. A combination of both doesn't work. He's complicated as hell, and too honest of a character.

Also I wish Smash 4 had a better "best player". ZeRo's character knowledge is bizarre.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have no idea how Ryu works. Playing him like a Street Fighter character doesn't work. Playing him like a Smash Bros character doesn't work. A combination of both doesn't work. He's complicated as hell, and too honest of a character.
    It's probably gonna take a loooooong time for anyone to really figure Ryu out

Also I wish Smash 4 had a better "best player". ZeRo's character knowledge is bizarre.
    You talkin' about that video where he said that he thinks that Marth and Link need buffs?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    And by that logic, we can't have Sheik and Zelda separately, nor Samus and ZSS.

Wait.

Spoiler:
    You do realize that there's more than one Zelda right? And they can pull a Fusion by saying that Samus' power suit was stolen from her again.

I'd be more interested in new Pokemon. Infernape plz.

Infernape is a background character in the Kalos League stage, so that's not going to happen.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    You talkin' about that video where he said that he thinks that Marth and Link need buffs?
    Yeah. He's practically asking to invalidate more than half the cast considering Marth and Link have a polarizing design relative to the rest of the cast. Marth's current buffs he got are already borderline stupid, but he's fine only because he's still not top tier so he won't get as much usage to be abused.

Buffing Bowser would probably be stupid too. :V

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah. He's practically asking to invalidate more than half the cast considering Marth and Link have a polarizing design relative to the rest of the cast. Marth's current buffs he got are already borderline stupid, but he's fine only because he's still not top tier so he won't get as much usage to be abused.

Buffing Bowser would probably be stupid too. :V
    Yeah when I saw the video I was rather confused as to why he said that they needed buffs. I'm not even that good nor do I have a terribly good understanding of the meta but even I know that Marth and Link do not need buffs at all. His reasoning for Link basically was "he no longer has that jab infinite and that (somehow) makes him bad".

Though admittedly I'm still not understanding the significance of Marth+Lucina's Jab buff. I can understand the Nair, Dolphin Slash, and Utilt changes but I'm still not sure what's so great about the new Jab. I mean, it's better than it used to be but.....

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Though admittedly I'm still not understanding the significance of Marth+Lucina's Jab buff. I can understand the Nair, Dolphin Slash, and Utilt changes but I'm still not sure what's so great about the new Jab. I mean, it's better than it used to be but.....
    With the angle change Marth now has an extremely easy and brain dead trapping in the game that can set up for kills. Marth's biggest issue has always been lack of kill set ups but not only does he get that but he can trap people with jab and cover basically every defensive option with it, outside if jumping which isn't the best thing to do.

Lucina gets more out of NAir than Jab because it can hit confirm into fsmash.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The Fighting Polygon Team leak is confirmed fake: https://nibroc-rock.deviantart.com/gallery/

Now we just need to debunk the Ice Climbers and Pichu leak.

I may be mistaken, but aren't all Zeldas reincarnations of each other?
    No, just the reincarnations of the goddess Hylia, but each Zelda is their own entity, which is why they do not share the same personalities. Even Palutena mentions in the Ganondorf codec how there are multiple Zeldas.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Been thinking of important MUs that Wario deals with and this is what I established. Probably wrong in some cases but eh, gonna be fun looking back at this once we get a definitive MU chart.

Wario Wins:

Even:

Wario Loses:

Dunno:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Okay, I was just thinking since I used her Reflect Barrier when someone was recovering and that stopped them from grabbing onto the edge.
    You're actually better off using FSmash for that considering it has a better windbox aha.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Has anyone thought of a useful way to use Palutena's Reflect Barrier on opponents that don't have projectiles?

You won't use it as much in that case, but it may be useful for pushing opponents back if they get too close. Plus it does a wee bit of damage on contact.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    A youtuber named Love Smash has made a video on the top 10 fan requested characters for DLC based on his results from straw poll:

Back