• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I pre-order games at Target because of the $5 giftcard you get. Best deal around...

Gamestop sucks because all those games are open and I'm like OCD about packages... If I buy a new game I want it in the cellophane.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I don't pre-order games, mostly because I can't afford any right now. If I were to buy them, I would pre-order any game that is in a good series (and the game itself looked great, obviously). Pre-ordering ensures I get mah gamez first day.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I don't pre-order games, unless i've been a big fan of the genre for a while.
    It doesn't really matter if you do or not. There isn't much of a difference.

If there are too many people fighting over a copy, then yeah... You should pre-order. If not, then just buy the game the day it comes out.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I typically don't pre-order games unless they happen to be from a series that I love, then I know I'll like them. I think the only games I've ever pre-ordered were Pokemon Pearl, LoZ Majora's Mask, and Persona 4. Three in my entire life... which proves my 'I typically don't pre-order' answer. xD;

Normally, I wait until they've been out for awhile and drop in price, unless they're gifts.

Years
    I'd pre-order games quite often because Europe is usually one of the last to have the game arrive at the stores. So to avoid the wait, I'd just pre-order the game. Would feel pretty good to know also that I'd have it before other people in the country.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I only pre-order games if I'm geting a bonus with it/there are great chances of getting an early release (most triumphant example: HGSS). Otherwise, I'll just walk by the shop when it's released, or after a while, if it's not hyped enough.

And when I buy games from Wiiware, well, I just can't pre-order them XD

Years
    I mostly preorder games when I'm importing them, like the Pokémon games. You'd be surprised at how fast stocks dwindle at import sites. I usually don't preorder games being sold in the US, but I do order them from Amazon after the price has dropped or if Amazon is having a deal. Games are usually cheaper to me this way, and I really don't care about the preorder bonus. Occasionally, I will preorder a game if I like it enough that I want it at launch, but that has really only happened for Twilight Princess, Dragon Quest VIII, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I only pre-order games if it's from something I like. =P Like Poke'mon. I pre-ordered HG (which should be here tomorrow), I also pre-ordered Pearl a few years back too. So yup, I only pre-ordered Poke'mon things. xD;

Years
    I do whatever is cheapest. If I get a discount for pre-ordering I do that. If not I wait around for a store to have a sale or get some used ones.

Of course I don't buy many games and most of the time I don't pay enough attention to to release dates and things like that so I hardly ever pre-order anything.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I want to wait for something to be tangibly present before I purchase it. I know I'll get it whichever way, but it puts me at subconscious ease to see it in my hands before my money's gone.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I do preorder games if it's something I really want and I know I can get to the store (usually GameStop because Wal-Mart's game selection sucks) the day it's supposed to be in. I recall pre-ordering Pokemon Pearl, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, and Atelier Annie in the past.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I want to, but I never did before. : /

Wish I did, though. Might be playing HG instead of being on Facebook. xD

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    No, I don't have any pre-ordered games because I just don't pre-order any games.

Years
    I have never pre-ordered before, though this is because my family want assurance that the game is in my hands when the money has been exchanged. We also rarely order things online because of this reason.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I pre-ordered/imported Pokemon SoulSilver because I'm impatient. Other than that, I don't typically pre-order games.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I have never once pre-ordered a game, and I never plan on doing so. I like going to the store myself and getting it. :D

Back