• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Take a Scientific Survey For my SCHOOL! YEAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Charmanderr

The Real Charmander
Years
  • Please for this survey no googling or searching engines as this voids the results.

also please answer the best to your ablilitys if you are unsure try your best, or leave it blank.

Thanks.

Occupation

1. What is Science?

2. Do you like Science? why or why not?

3. What are the steps in the scientific Method?

4. What is a scientific theory? give an Example.

5. Define a hypothesis

6. What is a scientific law? Give an Example.

7. What is Evolution?

Thanks again!

oh and if your below the age just put 18-25 age doesnt matter!

Last edited:
    Years
  • age 16
    gender M
    occupation n/a

1. What is Science?

the knowledge or study of a particular subject proven by facts or by laws

I like science, somewhat. i find it easy and in some aspects interesting.

question, hypothesis, experiment, analze data, conclusion

a theory based on speculation of scientific endeavor that can be proven true or otherwise

5. Define a hypothesis

a reasonable scientific explanation

proven theory?

7. What is Evolution?

the idea that all organisms evolved from single- celled organisms to the structures we see today

your welcome.....probably some quick answers for a quiz or something, right?

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

1. What is Science?
    Science is the pursuit of knowledge of everything in our universe and trying to explain phenomena without supernatural explanations involved. PERSONALLY.

It's okay I guess. I used to love it, but I don't think it's as amazing to me as it was back in middle school.

I think it went:
    Observe
    Make a hypothesis
    Test multiple times
    Then it branches into 2 choices I think.
    1. f your hypothesis is wrong, go back to step 2 and rewrite your hypothesis
    2. If your hypothesis is correct, you send it to other scientists so you can make sure the results are the same
    After that, if your hypothesis is shown correctly, it will become a law or theory

A scientific theory tells what will happen as far as I know.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is an educated guess based off of your observations.

A scientific law as far as I know tells what will happen under certain conditions. Newton's Law of Gravitation is an example.

7. What is Evolution?
    I can't really explain that well, but here goes. Evolution is the scientific theory that states that if a species were subject to different living conditions, the ones without successful mutations would have a lower chance of living and nature would select the ones with successful genes so they could be better suited to their environment. If given enough time, the species that evolved to suit their environment will become a completely new species altogether and will be unable to reproduce with the other species.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Time to embarrass myself. :D

1. What is Science?

A system of laws that define the way things in nature work.

I like knowing how things work and I benefit every day from scientific discoveries made throughout history so I guess I'd say I like science.

You didn't say there was going to be a test. Er, hypothesis then... observation... and conclusion. I know I'm missing something.

The best explanation for something at any given moment based on available evidence. Theory of relativity.

5. Define a hypothesis

A guess you make before you test it out with experiments and observations.

They're like proven theories. They can be tested and they always give the expected results. Law of thermodynamics.

7. What is Evolution?

Darwin, natural selection, survival of the fittest, etc. Change in a population over time.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Oh great, I almost failed my general Science class in college, so expect highly unintelligent answers from me... the only reason I am posting here is because I assume that the only people that are gonna post in here already know the answers, so I am trying to make the results a bit more accurate.

1. What is Science?
    The knowledge of the various functions and material in the universe.

No, mostly because it makes zero sense to me.

Create a hypothesis, experiment on it, adjust theory where inaccuracies are found, repeat until proven? >_>

Something that has yet to be proven, but has sufficient data to be considered at least believable. The Theory of Relativity is an example, as it has been shown to be true in all cases so far, but has yet to be tested to the extent where it is undeniable.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A guess on the product or result of a scientific action given current data or knowledge.

Something that has been sufficiently tried to where it is undeniable. The Law of Gravity is an example: while we might not have a perfect understanding of it, gravity itself is impossible to reject.

7. What is Evolution?
    The gradual change of a species over generations based on the environment and other situational circumstances.

This is why I tend to stay away from debates on Global Warming and the Theory of Evolution and whatnot. ^_^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

student

1. What is Science?
    The pursuit of knowledge that helps us to understand the observable world around us.

Yes, physics and chemistry in particular because they tie in with the problem solving and logic applications of math.

Research -> hypothesis -> gather materials -> experiment -> collect data -> reach conclusions

A hypothesis that has proven true through repeated observation but can't feasibly be tested in an experiment. Darwin's theory of evolution being the prime example.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A logical prediction of what the experiment will result in by applying you research to your prior understanding of the subject matter.

A scientific hypothesis that has proven true through repeated experimentation and is thus more valid than a theory. Newton's laws of physics being the prime examples.

7. What is Evolution?
    The slow process of a species gaining new attributes over generations of natural selection.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years

Gender Male

Occupation N/A

1. What is Science? The study of how things happen.

2. Do you like Science? why or why not? Some science. Its pretty interesting and I like learning stuff.

3. What are the steps in the scientific Method? Hypothesis -> Procedure -> Graph -> Retest -> Conclusion (I know its like 7 steps but I can't remember)

4. What is a scientific theory? give an Example. A theory is a hypothesis that has undergone extensive testing, but has not been considered a law yet; Theory of Relativity

5. Define a hypothesis. An educated guess.

6. What is a scientific law? Give an Example. A theory that has undergone extensive testing and is considered to always have the same outcome by the scientific community; The Law of Gravity

7. What is Evolution? A belief that mankind has decended from apes.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years

1. What is Science? The study of the physical and natural world through experimentation.

2. Do you like Science? why or why not? Yes, I've always loved science, I think it's interesting to study our world in the pursuit of more knowledge.

3. What are the steps in the scientific Method? Oh man let's see if I can remember. Research, hypothesis, experimentation, organize data, accept or reject hypothesis. Or something like that =(

4. What is a scientific theory? give an Example. A scientific theory is an unproven hypothesis that still required further testing. I guess the Big Bang theory is one.

5. Define a hypothesis. An educated guess about a certain scientific problem that is either proven or disproven through experimentation.

6. What is a scientific law? Give an Example. A scientific concept proven to be true through experimentation. Newton's Laws.

7. What is Evolution? The gradual change in the traits of a certain species due to natural selection.

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years

Occupation
    Network Technician

1. What is Science?
    The process used to gain knowledge about reality.

I love science! It's brought me much that I could not imagine living my life without.

Ask a question, observe, make a hypothesis, test hypothesis, if confirmed by the test then publish, start over.

A collection of data, models, and concepts that explains how something works. Cell theory, gravitational theory, or evolutionary theory.

5. Define a hypothesis
    An explanation for phenomena based on observations which needs to be tested.

A statement of a relationship between different things that is always the case in the specified circumstances. Usually mathematical. I=(V/R) (Ohm's law).

7. What is Evolution?
    The change in allele frequencies in a population of organisms over time.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years

1. What is Science?

- Science is the general concept of the study of concepts; the concept of stars, for example, is studied under the science of astronomy and the study of the earth is a science called geology.

2. Do you like Science? Why or why not?

- I do enjoy science, but I do not believe in some theories, such as evolution. Science is a good way to explain things that people would not normally understand, especially those who don't think for themselves / outside-of-the-box. It's a bit like the Greek myths and stories of the stars. People didn't understand where mosquitos came from, so the Indians said it was a giant, man-eating monster that was killed and burst into thousands of bugs that ate blood. Just an example.

3. What are the steps in the Scientific Method?

- I'm not sure :s

4. What is a scientific theory?

- A scientific theory is a guess based on ideas. One theory that has not been proven is the theory of evolution, introduced by Darwin. Although many "proof"s have shown up, they have all been disproved to date.

5. Define a hypothesis.

- A hypothesis is a logical guess based on concrete information.

6. What is a scientific law?

- One scientific law is the partical theory of matter; it is a law that states that everything is made from matter, or molecules. It is an idea that has indisputable evidence according to scientists.

7. What is Evolution?

- A theory that scientists created to understand why some animals change based on the environment. A theory that has constantly been disproved by scientists all over the world is human evolution from apes; it is the idea that humans were originally apes. This theory is based on the sole fact that apes share the "thumb" with humans; their bone structure is also similar, but not exactly the same. A pig, on the other hand, shares the same organ structure as humans, but not the thumb or a similar bone structure.

Last edited:

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
  • age 16
    gender M
    occupation n/a

1. What is Science?
    That one class i'm not very good at.

No, it's boring.

<_<

>_>

5. Define a hypothesis

>_<

Damn it i hate this survey!

7. What is Evolution?

The result of a thunder stone
    Take a Scientific Survey For my SCHOOL! YEAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Charmanderr

The Real Charmander
    Years
  • Thank you everyone! Keep the surveys and umm If you know before you take tr survey you don't know like any Anderson then dont take the survey please it's kinda spam but other than that thanks ph and if you're still in school put student for you're occupation thanks guys keep te aureus coming and tell your friends 1!!1!!!

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013

1. What is Science?
    The continuous study of the universe around us, and the laws and nuances regarding it.

YES! Learning about the real world is so interesting and relevant to me.

Ask a question, research question, make a hypothesis, test the hypothesis through experimentation, evaluate and conclude, repeat if necessary

4. What is a scientific theory? Give an Example.
    A guess based on evidence, but isn't proven. An example of this is Darwins theory of evolution, or Continental Drift

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is an educated guess based on current information. A hypothesis is usually proved/disproved through a series of tests.

A scientific law is a proven statement about the relationship of subjects that is always correct under specified circumstances. An example would be Pythagorus' Theorem

7. What is Evolution?
    Darwins theory that certain animals are born with slight mutations which give them an edge over other member of its species, these mutations make them more likely to survive or find a mate, which gradually makes the mutation part of species.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years

Occupation
    Student

1. What is Science?
    The recognision and study of patterns in the physical world.

Science is the base on which everything in civillisation is founded.

a) Have a question
    b) Gather information / observe
    c) Produce a hypothesis
    d) Test the hypothesis through experiment
    e) Interpret the data and, if need be, return to stage c) and form a new hypothesis.
    f) Publish findings.
    g) Retest

A set of statements created in order to explain a certain fact or phenomena. An example is String Theory.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A tentative explanation for an observation that is then tested through experiment or investigation.

A verbal or mathematical statement that demonstrates the relationship between two or more elements within a certain condition. θi = θr is the law of reflection. The direction of the incoming beam of light, or incident ray, and the direction of the outgoing beam of light, or reflected ray, make equal angles with respect to the normal of the surface of the material the ray is incident to when the incident ray is reflected.

7. What is Evolution?
    The change in the attributes of a population of organisms over time. It was also a very good film directed by Ivan Reitman.

Silver

Kyle
    Years

1. What is Science?
    The study of the world through controlled research and experimentation.
    Yes, Science is fascinating. Attempt to understand that which we do not already grasp is very appealing to me.
    Question
    Hypothesis
    Observe
    Experiment
    Share (Conjecture)
    A scientific idea that has been accepted however is still subject to claims against it due to it not being around long enough really. Darwin's theory of natural selection is evident of a theory.
    5. Define a hypothesis
    In essence it is an educated guess based on observations or expectations based on previous knowledge.
    An accepted scientific idea that governs the way something works. And has been around for a long time without being disproven basically. An example being Newton's laws of motion. One states that an object in motion stays in motion until acted upon by an external force. This explains how momentum works on earth.
    7. What is Evolution?
    A series of genetic mutations caused by species adapting to changes in their habit through the process of adaptation.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016

Occupation
    Student

1. What is Science?
    Science is the pursuit of knowledge and understanding on the ways of the universe as we know it.

I like it. It is rational and makes sense.

Hmm? If I remember right: Hypothesis, Observe, Experiment, Conclusion.

Mm.. A scientific theory is a statement that, while seemingly applying to numerous situations, has yet to be proved wrong. E.g. the Big Bang theory.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is more or less an educated guess gathered from an observation, which may be proved wrong or right through experimentation.

A scientific law is an absolute process that has been proven by experiments. An example would be Boyle's law.

7. What is Evolution?
    An organism or species' gradual change over time with respect to its surroundings.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years

Occupation

School Student

1. What is Science?

Science is basically... knowledge about various topics that intrigue the human mind.. well for me it is :3

i love science. its my favorite subject at school. i love doing experiments and such.

hmm, im pretty sure one's to make a hypothesis, two is to make observations, and three is to draw a conclusion..

A theory that explains scientific observations

5. Define a hypothesis
    its a guess based on the information you have at hand before executing an experiment.

A phenomenon of nature that has been proven to invariably occur whenever certain conditions exist or are met

7. What is Evolution?
    Any process of formation or growth; development

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

Occupation
    Student/Unemployed

1. What is Science?
    A definition for science: knowledge attained through experience.

Oh yeah. It's a beautiful thing. Science gives us reasonable explanations to almost everything that occurs in the world around us, it's logical (most of the time), and once it grows far enough, it's consistent and orderly. It makes sense.

Formation of Hypothesis
    Testing of Hypothesis
    Graduation to Theory
    Continued testing of Theory
    Graduation to Scientific Law

I could be entirely off-base about this one- I forget.

A scientific theory is a hypothesis that has been tested and found consistent with great amounts of relevant data, with no appreciable conflict. I don't have examples, sorry.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is a proposed explanation to observed phenomena. It has been subject to little testing, and may be revised or discarded upon finding conflicting data. Additionally, theories and even scientific laws can be reduced to hypotheses if flaws are found in their explanations.

A scientific law is a theory with very large amounts of data backing it. Typically this must be continually proven over many years, and no conflicting data must result from it's testing. Examples include the laws of thermodynamics, or the laws of gravity.

7. What is Evolution?
    Evolution is the phenomenon that causes organisms to change over time. There are two facets of evolution. Microevolution, which is in my experience undisputed and easily qualifies as a Law, and macroevolution, which is more contested and a common subject of debate among religious people and non-religious people. It is, however, almost unanimously accepted as fact among the scientific community.

Boom. If a mod's listening, do you necessarily need words outside of a quote for a post to be over the limit, or is it acceptable if you inject enough content into a quote?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015

1. What is Science?
    Study of everything and making theories.
    Yes BECAUSE IT IS REAL
    Observation, hypothesis, experiment, analysis, conclusion (Can't remember too well)
    Don't know
    5. Define a hypothesis
    An assumption. (If I poke my dog while he is asleep, then he will be startled)
    Don't know
    7. What is Evolution?
    Natural selection, process of elimination, basically a group of animals developing things for a long time.
    (The 3 species of birds on 3 islands, all start the same, island A has small seeds, island B has bugs, C has hard nuts and shells. The A birds will get thinner/longer beaks. B will get a small beak to peck at them (like a chicken). C will have big tucan beaks to break the shells apart)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years

18-25

1. What is Science?
    The study of everything there is to know.
    No. It creates way too many questions and it creates more problems than solves them. Such as 'the end of the world' ********.
    I knew it back in high school, forgot them.
    Something that isn't exactly proven but pretty easily predicted.
    5. Define a hypothesis
    An educated guess.
    Newton's Law of Motion? The ball will roll in the direction you push it in.
    7. What is Evolution?
    The theory is ********, but basically that humans evolve from monkeys... Or just any living thing's ancient ancestors that they have changed a lot from.

Back