• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Tapu Koko is the Most Frustrating Pokemon to Catch

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Tapu Koko was the last Tapu I caught. I'd say he was tied with Tapu Bulu in terms of difficulty to catch, but traversing the desert definitely made Tapu Bulu take longer.

I had 25 Dusk Balls (I was playing at night), and I went through all of them and had to reset twice on Tapu Lele. Red health and paralyzed the entire time. Tapu Fini's Aqua Ring was incredibly annoying, and I accidentally KO-ed it twice by being impatient about attacking it to put it back into red health, and I used up my 25 Dusk Balls once. I would say Tapu Lele (the first one I caught) gave me the most problems.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Tapu Koko was the last Tapu I caught. I'd say he was tied with Tapu Bulu in terms of difficulty to catch, but traversing the desert definitely made Tapu Bulu take longer.

I had 25 Dusk Balls (I was playing at night), and I went through all of them and had to reset twice on Tapu Lele. Red health and paralyzed the entire time. Tapu Fini's Aqua Ring was incredibly annoying, and I accidentally KO-ed it twice by being impatient about attacking it to put it back into red health, and I used up my 25 Dusk Balls once. I would say Tapu Lele (the first one I caught) gave me the most problems.

How on earth did you find Tapu Koko last? I was having trouble with it because I had to face it after battling the Champion,

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How on earth did you find Tapu Koko last? I was having trouble with it because I had to face it after battling the Champion,

I fought it first, but I caught it last.

You don't have to catch Tapu Koko immediately after the Champion. I didn't have any Poke Balls with me, so I just beat it up and came back to catch it much later. They respawn, as does any other legendary since (IIRC) Diamond and Pearl.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    no need rebattle e4 just go back to the shrine and save infront of staue and touch the statue and keep try until you gget it and just resett if you ko it

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    OMG, Tapu Koko is very hard to catch and it has a capture of 3. I had to beat the league to actually battle him and try to catch him. I had to put the Synchronize Pokemon first in the slot and then I have to beat the league again if I failed to catch to Tapu Koko with the preferred nature.

So I have to save before battling the champion and then try to win but his Braviary is very good.

I learned something, either sacrifice the master ball for Tapu Koko or it's going to be real bad.

Tapu Koko wasn't that hard for me. I just mashed the A Button a few times. Tapu Fini was though for me. Certain Tapu can be hard for certain people. "GET IN THE BALL YOU STUPID AQUA RINGER!!!!!"

Years
    He was such a pain.

I ended up catching him in a Friend Ball though. Although after the pain he was to catch, I don't really want to be his friend.

Moonlight_Ace

Moonlight_Ace
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Bulu was annoying mainly because of the desert. But overall I found the Tapu Pokemon pretty simple to catch. Got Tapu Koko with a Dusk Ball first throw after I got it to half health. The others were mostly Ultra balls but not many. And the Ultra Beasts were pitifully easy to catch.

I just threw my Master Ball at Necrozma though, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ended up using it.

Moonlight_Ace

Moonlight_Ace
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Working on my Alola dex too. Mostly just missing game exclusives like Passimian and Turtonator. But if you have Vanilite, Gible or Castform you could breed for me, I might have Pokemon to help you out with completing your dex if you want? Lapras was a pain to catch if you haven't caught it and need one

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    i managed to knock it out by accident both times without saving first haha

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I didn't have too much difficulty with Tapu Koko--I just threw a Master Ball at it, because why not :P

Toughest one for me was Tapu Bulu because of all of its recovery. There were a few times where I got it into the red, but then it healed through Grassy Terrain, and it was hard bringing it back into the red without KO-ing. Tapu Fini (my favorite) also gave me some trouble, but that was just because it refused to stay in the darn ball > >

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I was actually debating on KOing it the first time because of how low I was on Ultra Balls, but I managed to catch it with only 6 Ultra Balls left. Tapu Lele was much easier for me to catch though.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    I have this OCD thing where I have to catch every legendary in a Pokeball. I'm working my way to Bulu, but I've gotten the other three down so far. Just takes some patience and a bit of luck I guess.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Literally got it with my first quick ball. Not a good nature but I don't much care about that. lol

User19sq

I proudly invoke the self-imposed challenge of capturing everything I want in a regular Pok? Ball. That being said;

Tapu Koko was a piece of cake. It's Tapu Fini and its Aqua Ring that gave me trouble. Even worse, Beldum, who's got a worse catch-rate than the Tapus or the Ultra Beasts! (Yes, I also capture the Ultra Beasts in regular Pok? Balls.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I wonder if it's more frustrating than Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Deoxys from OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    Tapu Lele is the real pain
    I'm on my 5th SR because it struggled to death
    It was also paralyzed and at 1hp to false swipe

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I almost ran out of balls while trying to catch Tapu Koko but only because I didn't expect it so I only had a few... so I'm not really sure. All I remember is that when I was younger I brought 99 Ultra Balls with me to catch Rayquaza and I ran out of them when it was at 1HP, sooo it wasn't THAT bad haha

Back