• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team-Building Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is the team i use to take out those dumb***es on the battle spot that use all legendary's.

Jolly Weavile (Icebaby) @ Razor fang
Mainly used for that Shiny, Ultra ball, Mega Rayquaza (Hackers these dayz)

Ice shard
Icicle crash
Low sweep
Fake out

Adamant Gallade (Mustang) @ Galladite
Mainly used for that Weavile Fake out + Drain punch combo against that Shiny cherish ball Darkrai or for taking out that Pesky Primal groudon

Will-o-wisp (filler)
Eathquake
Drain punch
Psycho cut

Modest Pidgeot (Bird jesus) @ Pidgeotite
Mainly used for that Confusion from Hurricane or Heat-wave-burning everyone along with the occasional tailwind

Hurricane
Tailwind
Heat wave
Roost (filler)

Adamant Aegislash (Ghostclops) @ (Kings rock)
Mainly for Taking out that Geomancy-set-up Xernias or Shadow-sneak-flinch hax onto his giratina

Kings shield
Iron head
Shadow sneak
Swords dance (filler)

Bold Milotic (Mila) @ Splash plate (filler)
Mainly used for The dragons and Burning physical attackers, along with being an unstopable tank.

Scald
Ice beam
Recover
Safeguard

Adamant Parasect (Mario (Mu)shrooms) @ Leftovers
Mainly used for the Leech seed stall and for taking out that Mega Mewtwo and Mew in a 1HKO and that Primal Kyogre-Rain dance-Dry skin, heal set-up

Protect
Leech seed
X-scissor
Spore

What do you guys think? Im thinking of replacing my Mila for a Tanky heavy hitting Mega Ampharos?

Years
Need help making a random team.

For a bit of fun I used a random number generator to pick my 6 Pokémon for a team.
I set 3 stipulations before they were picked.
1. I could use any Pokémon from that Pokémons evolutionary line.
2. No legendaries, if a legendary was picked out then I would get a new number.
3. If I get 2 of the same Pokémon or 2 from the same line then I would get a new number.

Fortunately neither of the second 2 clauses were needed and I have my 6 Pokémon, but being relatively new to the competitive scene I'm not 100% of the best way to breed and train them in regards to IVs and EV distribution. (I know how to breed and EV train though).

The Pokémon I was given are:
Happiny (Blissey)
Nuzleaf (Shiftry)
Hippowdon
Lampent (Chandelure)
Sliggoo (Goodra)
Magneton (Magnezone)

Naturally I would use the full evolved forms for all, hence putting them in the brackets, though I'm wondering whether eviolite Chansey might work better.

Years
Looking tips for dark ghost types

I am looking to specilize in dark and ghost type teams and I am looking for some tips and advice for dong so. I dont mind if they are duel types as long as one of the types is either ghost or dark as im thinking of trying to throw a few of those into the mix for my teams just to liven things up. Any tips would be greatly appriceated

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
So I'm building an OU team, but I'm not sure what to do for the latter half of the team. So far it's:
Spoiler:

Basically just felt like using Clefable since it's imo the best stallbreaker in OU right now. Paired it with Talonflame since the bird deals some things Clef doesn't like (mainly Steel types, Serp, Amoonguss, Mega Venu) while the priority is useful for helping with frailer offenses that Clefable might not be able to last long enough against. Clef in turn handles T-Tar/Terrakion (which T-brid doesn't like) and breaks/wears down defensive cores for it to potentially sweep or something. Usage of Talonflame requires hazard removal, which is why Starmie is there, but Starmie also works decently with them since it makes for a good Heatran switch-in as well as checking many Ground types that could be problematic as well. Even without Reflect Type most Pursuiters+Ferrothorn lose to Clef+Talon I would think.

Electric types are probably annoying, and I still need SR, but besides that I'm having trouble thinking of what else is threatening to this and what else I need.
Late but for what it's worth... Specs Keldeo and replace Starmie with Latios or another Defogger/Spinner. This provides you with 1) a breaker, 2) better ability to take advantage of Ground and Steel Pokemon switching into your two win conditions, and 3) a way to wear down Amoonguss and Venu for Clef. Defensive Lando is also an obligatory mention for checking Zard X and setting SR. After that you could fit in a Flying resist. Preferably something that can provide Speed control, like Thundurus. Zapdos instead of Latios or Starmie could work too. Scarf Magnezone and TWave Clef.

@ Everyone else: Repost if you still want help. I don't know if you're still checking here.

Reactions: Nah
Years
Hello, I tried to make a Mono Ubers Fairy team but I'm stuck until Sun or Moon, So far I had:
Spoiler:

But I don't know where to go with it or If I should use some OU Fairies. Help Please?

(Sorry if I shouldn't posted there)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
I want to build a team around my current favorite Pokemon, Scolipede, with a Speed Boost/Swords Dance build. I was thinking of having Donphan as my Rapid Spinner and a Prankster/Memento Whimsicott to be annoying and ease set-ups when the chance arises. I also like Choice Ditto (big favorite of mine) for anti-setup and revenging. Is Donphan a good choice as my spinner and what Pokemon go good with Scoli/Whimsi/Ditto?

I tend to play mostly with my friends with no legends, no dupe items, but most other legit things fair game.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 2, 2017
Help me build a non-legend team around mega gyarados!

i don't have legends, but i just caught me a shiny magikarp and i need help building a team around it....
itll be nice to include lucario too.
no legends or myths except jira

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 15, 2017
Seeking advice for 6th Pokemon slot

Hey everyone! I'm new to the competitive Pokemon scene, and I'm trying to figure out the most beneficial options for the 6th Pokemon on my team. I've only got to the third island in the story so far, but I've been using the GTS a lot to get a head start on my final team. My team so far is as follows (movesets are TBD):

Snorlax - Thick Fat - Adamant
Garchomp - Rough Skin - Jolly
Alolan Raichu - Surge Surfer - Modest
Toxapex - Merciless - Bold
Mimikyu - Disguise - Adamant

I think I'm mostly going for type coverage, but am open to any suggestions anyone has. Thanks!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hey everyone! I'm new to the competitive Pokemon scene, and I'm trying to figure out the most beneficial options for the 6th Pokemon on my team. I've only got to the third island in the story so far, but I've been using the GTS a lot to get a head start on my final team. My team so far is as follows (movesets are TBD):

I think I'm mostly going for type coverage, but am open to any suggestions anyone has. Thanks!

We're gonna need more than just names, abilities, and natures to help you with your team. Check out the guidelines thread for an example format of posting your Pokemon's set. Personally I think you should invest in another special attacker, maybe something like Tapu Lele if you're willing to use that.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

We're gonna need more than just names, abilities, and natures to help you with your team. Check out the guidelines thread for an example format of posting your Pokemon's set. Personally I think you should invest in another special attacker, maybe something like Tapu Lele if you're willing to use that.
To add to the above, Alolan Raichu is mediocre without Tapu Koko as a teammate. Its main niche is Surge Surfer allowing it to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame under Electric Terrain.

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
Years
Preparing for battle with my cousin

EDITED:
Whoops, put this in the wrong place...
I'll remember this thread in the future...
Anyways, trying to get ready for a battle with my cousin & the rules we have set are:
-No legendaries or Ultra Beasts
-No evasion boosting moves
-All Pokémon will be Lv.100
(So we can make use of Hyper Training)
And that's it so far...

As for my team:

Golisopod
Adamant nature
Emergency Exit ability
@ Sitrus Berry
252 HP/ Attack, 6 Sp.Def
-Spikes
-Aqua Jet
-Leech Life
-Lidquidation/Sucker Punch

For entry hazards & hopefully can stop a Minior sweep. (I saw those on YouTube & frankly, I'm pretty intimidated...)
I'm thinking I may just get a different Pokémon for entry hazards... If so, then I'll use Liquidation & Sucker Punch instead of Spikes. First Impression may be good, but I'd prefer something repeatedly useful, which is why I don't plan on using it.
If it's not using Spikes, Would Mystic Water be better than a Sitrus Berry?

Gengar
Timid nature
Cursed Body/ Shadow Tag abilities
@ Gengarite
252 Sp.Atk/ Speed, 6 HP
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam
-Destiny Bond

Chose this to be the polar opposite of my main Pokémon, which will be a physical tank & is immune to Fighting-type attacks.
It's using its Timid nature to hopefully get Destiny Bond off if it's gonna die anyways. But I am wondering if a different move would work better than Destiny Bond...

Snorlax
Impish nature
Gluttony ability
@ Figy Berry
252 Defense/ Attack, 6 Sp.Def
-Belly Drum
-Recycle
-Earthquake
-Crunch/Return

My main Pokémon.
I came up with this moveset & wanted to try it out.
The idea is to use Belly Drum & if Snorlax doesn't get hit, (like when they decide to use a status move) Belly Drum will take it to half health & then Gluttony will activate & then the Figy Berry, with it's BEAUTIFUL upgrade, will fully restore Snorlax HP & then it'll have max attack with max health!
If it does get hit, I do plan to bring it in on something that can't do much, so Belly Drum should not KO it & it'll still have most of it's HP back.
It can learn Recycle as Munchlax, so it can bring the berry back for healing.
Maybe I should get a Pokémon with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy... (Maybe Tsareena?)
Don't know if I should make use of the Ghost immunity & use Crunch or go for sheer power with Return...

OK, any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I want to make an offense team. I'll just go with Tapu Lele+Pheromosa as the start point:

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- some coverage move

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Where do I go from here?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
EV adjustments and a question

Im laying my team out as is, for full understanding. I am quite pleased with this team. It is a copy of Cybertrons team at least the Pokemon themselves. The moves are from smogon mainly. The question I have is EV spread and Countering Gastrodon

Bulky Gastrodon walls me pretty hard I wonder if there is someone I could replace or perhaps boost up a stat to take it on better.

Rest of my problem is predictions. Thanks for reading.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Tapu Fini @ Life Orb
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Protect

Should I invest more into Arcanines SpA or more into its defenses for bulkiness. Its Primary use lately is to burn or snarl at its opponents and Morning sun to keep it longer. Its Flamethrower is less than desirable and I was thinking of using Burn Out on it so it doesnt take damage from opposite finis

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 44 SpA / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Morning Sun

Should I invest more in bulk to take or is it good as is?
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 160 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Return

Muk-Alola @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 92 Def / 68 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Clear Smog
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Just noticed this was a modest nature. Because I was tinkering with a Modest 252 Hp/ 252 SpA. Dropping IV down to 0 in the Spd stat. Problem with it is it becomes dependent on TR set up but then I wonder about weather wars if I should do that because of that. I could change nature to quiet but I am not sure with this one

Ninetales-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Protect

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 26, 2017
So, I'm trying to get into competitive battling via VGC17 on SuMo.
Right now I'm working on a few teams, but it's mostly theorymon right now..... But we're hoping to change that here!

I've got a Rain Team thats a little different.
My core is
Politoed
-Drizzle
- Damp Rock
- Calm Nature
Moves: Scald, Ice Beam, Perish Song, Protect

Dragonite
- Dragonium Z
- Modest Nature
Moves: Draco Meteor, Hurricane, Thunder, Protect

Arcanine
- Leftovers
- Adamant Nature
Moves: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Protect

Aegislash
- Adamant Nature
- Weakness Policy
Moves: Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, Wide Guard, King's Shield

These 4 are all I have so far.... I could use some help with making this core better adding the 2 remaining mons, and/or general assistance with the format since I'm new to competitive battling.

(side note, would a Tailwind Pelipper be a better Rain setter?)

Last edited:

Angelroid

Sun X
Years
I need move sets for this pokemon:
Decidueye
Muk (Alola)
Lycanroc (Midday)
Golisopod
Clefable

I'm not sure, what to use for my 6th pokemon. I'm posting this again.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I need move sets for this pokemon:
Decidueye
Muk (Alola)
Lycanroc (Midday)
Golisopod
Clefable

I'm not sure, what to use for my 6th pokemon. I'm posting this again.
Decidueye @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Leaf Blade
-Brave Bird
-Spirit Shackle
-Sucker Punch

Lycanroc-Midday @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Taunt
-Swords Dance/Fire Fang

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
-First Impression
-Leech Life
-Aqua Jet
-Sucker Punch/Liquidation

Clefable: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/clefable/

Might not be perfect but this'll give you some idea anyway I guess

Having some sort of hazard control is nice, bulky Excadrill would be decent since it can check Magnezone and non-Specs Tapu Lele, plus the current team is lacking Ground attacks, and Ground is a hella good offensive type. Alternatively, something really fast would be good, as Speed is king. Lycanroc is your only fast Pokemon, and Lele being common makes Golisopod's priority not as good until that's gone.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I want to make an offense team. I'll just go with Tapu Lele+Pheromosa as the start point:

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- some coverage move

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Where do I go from here?

Sorry for the lateness on this - so far, idk if Terrain Extender is really the best item for Lele, considering the metagame is also filled with Tapu Kokos and Tapu Finis. Twistedspoon or Psychium-Z woud be better items imo, but it's just all for your preference, I suppose.

Some teammates you can try: Mega-metagross can take advantage of Tapu Lele's terrain, and hit hard against opposing Tapus. You can also try pokemon like Protean Greninja to help set up spikes, and Landorus-T to set up Stealth Rock. Hazard stacking is something that Pheromosa can appreciate, and can help Lele pressure the opposing team more.

Reactions: Nah

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
First off, not sure if this is the spot for Battle Spot Singles, but I'm here anyways.

Anyway, I've got a few mons I know I want to use, just need some help filling out the team. So far I've got Cloyster, Mega Lucario, and Mimikyu, and I've been looking at Celesteela, Koko, and maybe a second mega like Gyarados or Salamence. Not quite sure on the metagame and how it'll change now that Bank's out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
First off, not sure if this is the spot for Battle Spot Singles, but I'm here anyways.

Anyway, I've got a few mons I know I want to use, just need some help filling out the team. So far I've got Cloyster, Mega Lucario, and Mimikyu, and I've been looking at Celesteela, Koko, and maybe a second mega like Gyarados or Salamence. Not quite sure on the metagame and how it'll change now that Bank's out.

Movesets for each Pokemon would be great.

Anyway, Tapu Koko is #1 in usage in Battle Spot singles, while Celesteela is one of the better Ultra Beasts to use:

Tapu Koko:
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power (Ice)
-Volt Switch/U-turn
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)/Brave Bird/Grass Knot
Nature: Timid/Naive/Hasty
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

or
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)/Roost
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Electrium Z/Life Orb/Leftovers

or
-Wild Charge
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Magnet/Zap Plate/Electrium Z

Celesteela:
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake/Flamethrower/Substitute/Protect
-Leech Seed
-Substitute/Protect
Nature: Impish/Relaxed/Careful/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe or 252 HP/252 SDef/4 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

Cloyster:
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Ice Shard/Hydro Pump
Nature: Jolly/Adamant/Naughty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link

I'd say that Salamence is the better secondary Mega, IMO. It's seriously that good:
-Dragon Dance
-Return/Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Draco Meteor/Roost/Substitute
Nature: Naughty/Naive/Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate

or
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Roost