• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Other than the shadow triad (since they've sworn to be loyal to him), I don't think I can really see anyone from Plasma sticking with Ghetsis. We can gather that a majority of them were part of Team Plasma because they were either intimidated into it, or because they were moved by one of Ghetsis's speeches on Pokémon liberation and agreed with the cause. I'd assume they'd find out that Ghetsis's motives were entirely selfish and had nothing to do with liberating them considering what happened with Team Rocket's downfall and how it spread cross-regions.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'm hoping mainly just for cameos and not a major role in the storyline. I'm not entirely sure Kyurem is being motivated by an evil team and might be acting out on its own. I'm sure there will be an evil team in some capacity but I think their work will be going on at the same time as Kyurem's plan.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Other than the shadow triad (since they've sworn to be loyal to him), I don't think I can really see anyone from Plasma sticking with Ghetsis. We can gather that a majority of them were part of Team Plasma because they were either intimidated into it, or because they were moved by one of Ghetsis's speeches on Pokémon liberation and agreed with the cause. I'd assume they'd find out that Ghetsis's motives were entirely selfish and had nothing to do with liberating them considering what happened with Team Rocket's downfall and how it spread cross-regions.

I agree with this. Most of Team Plasma were loyal to N more than Ghetsis and the Seven Sages, dispite them being more higher up in authority (with N being the leader of course). And since the original BW saw the Triad following Ghetsis and all four currently on the run, the rest of the Sages locked up, and most of the grunts disbanded, I highly doubt Team Plasma as a whole will be making a grand return.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It would be wonderful if Ghetsis returned with the Shadow Triad (and maybe even some sages) and instead of an evil organization that has to be dealt with, we'd have to deal with just a few members of the broken Plasma team.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think with every Pokémon game there must be an evil team so if there is no Team Plasma then surely another will return/be introduced.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I see N coming back at the very end of the game leading his own team to fight the villains in a moment similar to the Gym Leaders fighting the 7 sages. N would have a small part, but it would be sweet.

as for who the villains would be?
    a band of diglet thieves known as The Band of Diglet Thieves! ... ?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really want N to take a huge part in these sequels. After all, GameFreak pretty much left us at a cliffhanger at the end of B/W. We need a final answer and these games should give us that. N is pretty epic anyway! All I need to see is Team Plasma, N, and Ghetsis's last plans and actions all foil within these games. It's like a book. You just can't end one with a climax and give the main conflicts a small role in the sequel.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I could def see N coming back as an ally to the player character, and Ghetsis returning as well, creating factions between the remains of Team Plasma. I really like the idea of a struggle and showdown between N and Ghetsis!

Years
  • I'm going to agree with the possibility of a split Plasma. As for the only the Shadow Triad being loyal to him thing, keep in mind that it's been two years and Ghetsis could have easily gained more followers.

The supposed evil!Professor, for starters

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I can see N trying to take down Team Plasma in B2/W2 with the player's help. I also think Akuroma is evil and may be connected to Team Plasma in some way.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm going to agree with the possibility of a split Plasma. As for the only the Shadow Triad being loyal to him thing, keep in mind that it's been two years and Ghetsis could have easily gained more followers.

The supposed evil!Professor, for starters

Or people from whatever region he ran off to, that was so far away that they didn't get news of his escape so had no reason not to trust his words.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You know, I was thinking about it and N seems like a pretty believable guy. Team Plasma did get people of Unova to think about their Pokémon, so what if (to give people a new villainous team as mentioned), N got a hold of people to join his side in whatever he believes in now, as well as revenge against Ghetsis? Team Plasma seems more connected with Ghetsis too, so they could be on his side. I think that would be a fair situation as well.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    But would revenge on the villain in the previous game be really "villainous"?

Although they could teach a lesson with that, in that revenge is wrong even if the person is terrible and stuff, if they chose to get really deep about it. But considering the twist at the end of B/W I feel like they're not ready for deep lessons just yet.

Edit: or you do mean Ghetsis is still the villain I'm confused :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    But would revenge on the villain in the previous game be really "villainous"?

Although they could teach a lesson with that, in that revenge is wrong even if the person is terrible and stuff, if they chose to get really deep about it. But considering the twist at the end of B/W I feel like they're not ready for deep lessons just yet.

Edit: or you do mean Ghetsis is still the villain I'm confused :(
    As in - Ghetsis still wants to control over Unova and plans to get N on his side once more. He would even hope to get N's team members to join, creating one villainous group. It's hard to say what I want N to do in this situation though. :( N would be the ally, though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well how about this. After the last battle. You have to track down Kyreum,because Ghetsis was actually just controling it and not capture it,so we have to destory whatever is destroying it and Kyreum goes on a rampage and the only way to stop it,calm it down and get the ice to unfreeze is to capture it ourselves.

I for one want to de in a double or even triple battle with N and my rival on my side.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • N vs. Ghetsis would be a great story line element. Through his travels over the past two years, N relaizes how much the world differs from what Ghetsis taught him and realizes that he was only being used as a pawn. So when Ghetsis returns to finish his plans, N catches wind of it, heads back to Unova, and joins you in stopping him.

Of course, whether Ghetsis can even revive Team Plasma in the first place depends on whether the Unovan populace was made aware of Team Plasma's plans throughout the events of the first games. If there were full news reports on the situation, I'd imagine it would be tough for a resurrected Plasma to gain support. But if everything regarding them was kept all secret, then their resurgence becomes a very real possibility.

Now, whether the Shadow Triad returns... that's a big question mark I couldn't even begin to speculate on, lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

As in - Ghetsis still wants to control over Unova and plans to get N on his side once more. He would even hope to get N's team members to join, creating one villainous group. It's hard to say what I want N to do in this situation though. :( N would be the ally, though.

Don't think N would fall for that :x Ghetsis is better off recruiting individual members from Plasma if anything than N himself.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps Ghetsis gathers members from the Isolated parts of Unova (the new areas) who know little to nothing about what occured in the Pokemon league two years ago.
    I would also like to have a double match with N as an ally but who would Ghetsis team up with? Most likely if we were to team up it'll be against the Shadow triad.
    Ps; I can see The new Plasma castle being made out of ice, like an ice palace to fit with the icy theme.

Back